Beginners and Beyond

Live from New York, it's the Saturdailies! (Read 45 times)

Hip Redux

OK, I'm not really in New York, but you know what I mean.

Post, people.

Cyberic

Hello Oski, thanks for starting the dailies

Bought a FR 610 yesterday. It is going for $199 (Canadian), with HRM, on amazon.ca. I looked at the 220, the 620, the 920, the Fenix 3, but bought a 610 because of the price.

I don't need it, my Timex Global Trainer works perfectly. Online shopping is too easy 

Cyberic

I will run for 70-80 minutes today.

LRB

Hi. I have never been to New York, but I have been to the New York-New York hotel in Vegas. 

Hip Redux

I am "racing" today.  Mostly because it is a charity race with medals.

After we are meeting up with Baboon for post-run grub.

So far, the race tents have blown over twice.  . Windy.

delicate flower

Goddamn grocery store is packed like a mofo right now.

<3

LRB

I am "racing" today.  Mostly because it is a charity race with medals.

After we are meeting up with Baboon for post-run grub.

So far, the race tents have blown over twice.  . Windy.

No rain then so good?

Hip Redux

Sunny and no rain!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Heading out to my parent's house, so rest day today. Hopefully today is an uneventful day in the neighborhood.

Oski, watch out for inflatable arches! I did a race where there were gale force finds and the start got delayed a little because the start/finish line blew over.

Little Blue

Today is our 28th anniversary, so dinner out tonight.  I had a massage yesterday, need to take it for a test run to see if it helped.  I need a quick grocery store trip, I think I'll combine the two.  Currently a little sunny, 60.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1. Now to what I shall call yard yoga. (Bend squat plant dig hoe etc)

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I took a trip down memory lane this morning in my running log and it dawned on me that it is totally incomplete. I only have entered in it what I have been running since December 2012 (when we came to RA) but nothing for the two years prior.

I think over the next week or two I am going to enter my other runs just so I can get a complete picture of my running exploits. Mostly because I am finding that I forget stuff the longer time goes on but also because those years were important in my development.

Ironically I did no speed work back then, I just basically ran slow, medium or fast. I had no Garmin either so it will be interesting to see the average pace of some of those runs once they are entered.

I think it is going to be pretty cool, I am excited.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone!

It is a chilly but sunny day today, and it is Saturday so that is awesome!!!

Rocky and I got up this morning at 3 AM, we hit the roads around 3:35 in 43 degrees with clear skies. We ran 6.3 miles, and surprisingly felt good. No dogs on this route, I think I might be using this route more often... even if it does have quite a few hills at the end.

A bit tired after the run this morning, but a great workout at the gym nonetheless. Focus was on the biceps, triceps and chest for about an hour today.
                              Standing Dumbbell Curls: 20lbsX20reps, 25lbsX12reps, 20lbsX20reps, 25lbsX12reps, 20lbsX24reps, 22.5lbsX12reps
                              Standing Triceps Cable Pull Down: 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 50lbsX12reps, 60lbsX10reps
                              Loaded Plate Chest Press: 60lbsX12reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps 60lbsX12reps
                              Fly Delt: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps
                              Triceps Extensions: 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps
                              Standing Barbell Curls: 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX12reps
                              Seated Cable Chest Press: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I wish I had kept a log for the first 10 years.  That would've been nice to see (mileage and stuff).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page