Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins ... how's the weather? (Read 14 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is Weather Complaint Day, which I guess means we're not supposed to be complaining about it the other 364 days a year.  No complaints from me today -- it was lovely and cool for our run this morning, although I'm starting to have to wear the headlamp in addition to the reflective vest.  No more sunrises for us, just stars!  It's all good.

I have a meeting at noon, but nothing else out of the ordinary.  Classes start here tomorrow, and my quartet has a gig in the morning, so I think I'll take the whole morning as a personal day.  Pondering taking the whole day, just to avoid the crazy.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

At the moment, it's nice outside (75) but we're supposed to get to 85 (feels like 91) this afternoon. DP around 60.  I'd like to run now, but we still have to walk the dog up to the vet to get a blood test (checking thyroid meds) so that's out.  We need to mow the lawn this afternoon, so I may end up not running at all today. Given how stiff I was after yesterday's run, that may be a good thing.

Docket_Rocket

Perfect.  Feels like 100F...since April.  Actually 99F right now because it just rained.

I have Pilates and 8.  I might get out to run outside...in November.  Sigh.

Hope, enjoy the meeting.  Nice run.

Ginny, good luck at the vet!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

D, I think your weather complaint is in your sig!! 

Docket_Rocket

D, I think your weather complaint is in your sig!! 

And it's true!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

It's hot & humid.

Trail running tonight when it will be hotter.

Singer who runs a smidge

But trees, right?  Won't that help?

Zelanie

I ran 4 hot, slow, and uninspiring miles this morning.  I think that all of the trails and hills I ran last week are catching up with me.  Plus I need to stretch more.  Anyway, I'll likely run 2 more later when I meet with my beginners' group.

We have another heat advisory starting at 2:00 today.

Ginny, kids are back in school here Sept. 6, and teachers are "officially" back at work Aug. 29.  But this week, I only have 1 day that I'm not working in some capacity.  I'm glad that the toenail isn't giving you trouble any more!

The movie was kinda dumb.  I liked the other Bourne movies, but maybe the series has gone on too long.

Docket_Rocket

But trees, right?  Won't that help?

What are trees?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ran 4 hot, slow, and uninspiring miles this morning.  I think that all of the trails and hills I ran last week are catching up with me.  Plus I need to stretch more.  Anyway, I'll likely run 2 more later when I meet with my beginners' group.

We have another heat advisory starting at 2:00 today.

Ginny, kids are back in school here Sept. 6, and teachers are "officially" back at work Aug. 29.  But this week, I only have 1 day that I'm not working in some capacity.  I'm glad that the toenail isn't giving you trouble any more!

The movie was kinda dumb.  I liked the other Bourne movies, but maybe the series has gone on too long.

What are those, 80F? I kid, I kid.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

They grow on trails.  Not in Miami.

Singer who runs a smidge

So classes start tomorrow, and I have a gig at 11:00.  I'd get here, put on my makeup, and then head out.  Then I'd have to try to find a parking space again around noon.  On the first day of classes.

So I decided to take a personal day tomorrow.  DH will drive me to the gig, then I'll change clothes and we'll go out for an anniversary lunch instead of dinner on Saturday.  Woo-hoo!! 

Docket_Rocket

They grow on trails.  Not in Miami.

That's cause Miami has no trails per se.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And woohoo!

Damaris

Fundraising Page