Beginners and Beyond

ThrusDailies We're almost there (Read 32 times)

Morning Runners!

My energy is just drained this morning. I dont know whats going on. Maybe working in the heat the past couple days? Cold/Virus still lingering? Planned on some interval work but I didn't have it mentally or physically. I'm also over the idea of 2 Q days/wk. I cant handle it right now and its stressing me out just thinking about it. Maybe in a few more seasons but for now I will continue with 1Q during the week and a LR w tempo on the weekend. Ran an easy 4mi and called it a day.

I forgot to post yesterday too. Ran 4.5 with 8 strides.

Nice workouts goin on here the other day.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Heat and humidity could be it!  But yeah, maybe you need a break from the Q and once a week until you feel better.

Morning!  Working from home and I have 5 and Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Jay, I know that my day at work has a big effect on the next morning's run or ride.  Heat and humidity are multipliers of that energy suck.   If we really wanted to maximize our potential, we would quit work Smile.

I rode 41 this morning.  It was in the 60s, and we had a dose of that lower humidity.  It was damn delightful.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

8 on the AlterG.  Can I count the extra meandering mile I had to take to get to work today??

(Steam pipe explosion.  No reported injuries.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, glad the explosion wasn't too bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hiya gang!  Day four of all day meetings.  Today we are discussing the various integrations/interfaces that go out of and into our system.  It's interesting stuff!  

2200 yard swim done before work.  The swim equivalent of a tempo run.  Short but fast-for-me.  Bike workout later.

<3

onemile

Morning Runners!

My energy is just drained this morning. I dont know whats going on. Maybe working in the heat the past couple days? Cold/Virus still lingering? Planned on some interval work but I didn't have it mentally or physically. I'm also over the idea of 2 Q days/wk. I cant handle it right now and its stressing me out just thinking about it. Maybe in a few more seasons but for now I will continue with 1Q during the week and a LR w tempo on the weekend. Ran an easy 4mi and called it a day.

I forgot to post yesterday too. Ran 4.5 with 8 strides.

Nice workouts goin on here the other day.

You don't consider a long run with tempo a quality day?

I can handle 2 workouts plus an easy paced long run, or one workout plus a long run w/ quality. But 2 workouts plus a long run with quality does seem like a bit much

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Blue - we still have people trickling into the office as the subway delays clear up.  Not a great way to commute.

My apologies to all those still dealing with heat and humidity, but when I left my house shortly before 5:00 for a six mile run, the temperature was 59.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

LRB

One of the reasons I make it a point to lolly-gag during July is to avoid hitting the wall.

Typically, I like to pull back on quality twice a year and just run easy (usually December/January and June/July) just to give my body's systems a break from strenuous training and/or high mileage.

That's not the gospel and doesn't apply to everyone but it works great for me physically and especially mentally.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Something I tried in the spring was 2 quality days (usually shorter/ faster intervals Wednesday and HM pace Friday) plus do long runs faster than easy pace. I think it worked, although the weather gods cursed my spring races.

onemile

Something I tried in the spring was 2 quality days (usually shorter/ faster intervals Wednesday and HM pace Friday) plus do long runs faster than easy pace. I think it worked, although the weather gods cursed my spring races.

sounds similar to Hansons

Half Crazy K 2.0

sounds similar to Hansons

More Hudson. I used the Tuesday and friday workouts from the plans in the book and did my tweak to the long run. Sometimes I did a long run with a variety of paces, usually from the level 3 plan

KCRuns

Good morning!

Blue, I'm glad no one was hurt!  But sorry it messed up your commute!

Today my plan said 12-16x 400m w/= rec, then 3x 200m w/= rec.  400s were supposed to be 2:02-2:09, which is a lot faster than 5k pace for me.  I had my watch programmed for 14 reps. There was no pace specified for the 200s, but I just assumed they should be faster.

During the 2nd one, I thought it was odd that I wasn't as far down the path as I thought I should be, then figured out during the 2nd recovery that I messed up the programming and was doing 400s with only 200m recovery.  I couldn't fix it right then, so had to improvise a little to make sure I could finish the workout.  I walked the recoveries, and on most of them, just paused my watch and stood there for a few seconds to catch my breath before continuing.  After 12, I check the clock and realized I was late to work, so I skipped the last 2 reps, which was fine, I was still within the plan and honestly I was spent.  I tried the first 200m rep and my legs said "nope, we're done",  so I just skipped ahead to the cool down and took it easy to the office.  400s ended up being 2:14, 2:15, 2:09, 2:12, 2:09, 2:14, 2:11, 2:10, 2:13, 2:12, 2:10, 2:15.  A little slow, but not terrible, and still all a lot faster than my 5k pace. Total 7.6 miles

MTA: it was 68, low humidity and quite lovely out this morning!

Docket_Rocket

Blue - we still have people trickling into the office as the subway delays clear up.  Not a great way to commute.

My apologies to all those still dealing with heat and humidity, but when I left my house shortly before 5:00 for a six mile run, the temperature was 59.

I laughed at the “still” part. I was like, is it November already? 😂

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Now they're saying there may have been asbestos spewed into the air... let me just run outside and get a good whiff.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog