Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 23 times)

LRB

I'm currently sitting at 333 miles for the year, which is both mind boggling and hilarious.

Anyway, I would like to get for a jog while there's still cloud cover. Yesterday's run was not pleasant at all.

LRB

Meanwhile, a bizarre story coming out of China where an ultra marathon began with sunny skies, ended with freezing rain and the deaths of 21 participants. Crazy.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

That's a sad story.  Weather can be difficult to predict in the mountains.

7 miles easy effort in the relative cool of early morning. I decided not to go to the outdoor community band rehearsal this afternoon, when it will be 92 in the shade, but the rehearsal site is in full sun.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

4 dirt bumps, less slow; workday.  
          33.25 for the week, starting to be optimistic

RunningOnSand

Meanwhile, a bizarre story coming out of China where an ultra marathon began with sunny skies, ended with freezing rain and the deaths of 21 participants. Crazy.

That's really terrible. Sad

I ran 3 on the TM. It's been humid AF here so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to run indoors in the AC yesterday and today.

RunningOnSand

I'm currently sitting at 333 miles for the year.

I'm at 317 for the year. 

Docket_Rocket

Holy shit. So sad.

I have 6 on the TM and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I'm at 317 for the year. 

We're the wrong kind of twinsies. lol

KCRuns

I did 8 with my SIL yesterday. Today is a rest day.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

irunfar is continuing to update the story as additional info is available

https://www.irunfar.com/twenty-one-runners-die-during-100-kilometer-ultramarathon-in-china?fbclid=IwAR1gAZm2MqrDCSbJGNd4FMibF8x9eV1bNtfOhi6Vqgl1Sb2MgvZoJHLmzkE

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

RunningOnSand

We're the wrong kind of twinsies. lol

Truth! LOL

delicate flower

Recovery day.  5 mile run, 54 mile bike, all easy.

<3

8 miles, 71 for the week. I guess taper starts in earnest now.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with the hum of cicadas. I don't remember this from the last time, but you know how your ears ring after a concert/lots of noise? That's what it sounds like when you go outside. The humming is really loud, cause I can hear it inside the house if the TV isn't on. 34.6 miles for the week #peerpressured

Sad about the race in China.

sdWhiskers

6.6 miles in full sun. This is what happens when I don't get out of bed until 8am . Only in the 60s though so not bad at all.

Heading to Petco Park. Enjoying as many games as we can before 100% occupancy returns.