Beginners and Beyond

I need two AA batteries (Read 75 times)

LRB

Not four, not six, not eight, not eighteen, not eighty. Just two.

For the sake of clarity that's one, two.

Thank you.

P.S. And no I do not want to go to 7 Eleven where they actually sell a two-pack of AA batteries because they charge $7.62 for them.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Splurge and buy four. They do eventually stop working and have to be replaced. Just be sure the shelf life is long enough.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Hmm, I buy rechargeable ones and a charger.  I have been using the same batteries for years.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Better yet, buy another gadget that needs AA batteries.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

cjones1

I have three boys, all with their own toys.  Therefore, I have a hall closet with approximately 80,000 AA batteries.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Hip Redux

I think the Stones had a song about that.

Hip Redux

Splurge and buy four. They do eventually stop working and have to be replaced. Just be sure the shelf life is long enough.

If he had purchased four this first time he needed batteries, he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have cases of all sizes of batteries in my office. People only come to see me for my batteries.

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RSX

Take them out of a clicker. Even better if at someone else's home

LRB

Take them out of a clicker. Even better if at someone else's home

That's why I need them. lol

LRB

If he had purchased four this first time he needed batteries, he wouldn't be in this predicament.

I think I took them out of the DVD remote, and the time before that I think I just went and bought a new remote. 

LRB

I have cases of all sizes of batteries in my office. People only come to see me for my batteries.

I have them at work as well, but my conscious won't let me...

Blue I love you.

You are right CJ, this was never a problem when the kids were around.

D I had rechargeable batteries for a miniature TV once, a Watchman by Sony. It had a black and white 3 inch screen but was cutting edge tech for its time, circa 1990 ish. I loved that thing!

The problem George is if I buy four I might as well buy eight  because it is a better buy (remember that from the Price is Right?) but I did not want to which is what prompted this stupid thread in the first place. lol

delicate flower

I remember when you could go into Radio Shack and buy a single AA battery.

<3

Little Blue

You have a remote that takes AA?  Ours take AAA, which is really annoying because nothing else in our existence uses them.  And it's always an odd number, so there are random ones floating around, except when we need them.  One remote takes 2, one takes 4.  Ever seen a pack of 6?