Beginners and Beyond

Hmmmm..... No Sundailies?? (Read 31 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Guess I will start it :P :P :P

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Had to save it as is and go back to make sure nobody had started a dailies thread while I was typing 

Anyways, Dorian foiled my attempt to go to the gym this morning. I woke back up at 5 AM and he was out like a light again, so I decided to take the dogs for a run. The sun was coming up but it was still a humidless 59 degrees - aka beautiful morning.

We ran 6.3 miles.

No automatic alt text available.

Then I took a progress photo of my stomach, because I was definitely feeling thinner.

Image may contain: 1 person

The one on the far left is my currently, bottom right corner was me around April 11. Top right corner and middle bottom was me back in 2015 and where I am aiming to get back to.

Still around 152 lbs which is pissing me off a little.........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

I did rode 12, then ran 5.6 appreciated miles.  That gets me 25 for the week, with everything feeling pretty good.

I'll never have another 100 mile running week, but I did manage to hit that riding this week.  That bike is going to be my salvation.

Have a great afternoon folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

I raced a 5 miler, and it was stupid because I suck at knowing when/how to push in hot races, but I finished hard and took 2nd F overall, so that's okay. First was a solid 30 seconds up by the end (and recovering from Achilles surgery, she told me after!), third I dropped like a hot potato in the last mile when I realized how much gas I had left in the tank.

37:46 or something like that with a 6:56 last mile, so clearly miles 2-3 were way too comfortable (in the upper 7:50s - practically MP WTF FTS). 2.5 minutes off my cold-weather 5 mile PR even though I should theoretically be in better shape now.

delicate flower

I finished hard and took 2nd F overall, so that's okay.

Sweeeet!  Great job!

<3

delicate flower

12 mile run, which I got done early so I could accompany DW to some local bike trails for a 9:00 mountain bike demo event (Santa Cruz bikes).  We rode 11 miles of slow, technical, climby trails.  I don't even know if I liked the two bikes I tried just because my legs were so goddamn tired that no matter what I rode the bikes were going to feel like heavy pigs.  But it's always fun to take out a $7000 bike to beat around a little.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great job Lauren!! Yeah, racing in hot weather sucks sweaty balls.....

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles this morning on very tired legs. Last night's race sucked, pretty much same results as  2 weeks ago, just started stupid fast (but noticed it within 1/4 mile) and paid the price. Well, hills and hot didn't help.

Lauren, congrats on the 2nd OA.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 10-12 miles tonight depending on the knee which is a bit sore after I slipped on the TM last night. And of course, that knee.

We just finished Transformers 5 and finally on my way to lunch.

Congrats, Lauren!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Summer's first ice cream run!  11.1 miles -- the .1 is because Strava often shorts me a tenth of a mile and it pisses me off, which is why it's hilarious that today it decided I ran 11.5.  (I'm proud of my HR on this run.  Not like I really had a lot to do with that.)

Congrats, Lauren!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 5 this morning and now I am in LA

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran 5 this morning and now I am in LA

Vacation? Enjoy all the hills.

onemile

Vacation? Enjoy all the hills.

Work trip but I am trying to make the most of it

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 5, quite a bit slower than onemile. Smile

Now I have to prepare for emergency hearings tomorrow.  I wish they had made it to the docket Friday afternoon so I could work earlier, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Congrats, Lauren!

I've been really struggling to get miles in.  Things hurt that didn't used to hurt, which makes sense because I've had two months of low mileage.  So project building mode is on.  I went ahead and set a run:walk timer on my watch, because that seemed like the only reasonable way to add miles with how I'm feeling lately.  With that I was able to do 6 today and 6 yesterday in temps around 90.  It got up to 100 yesterday, but luckily I wasn't out in that shit.  It's already cooling off, which is nice.