Beginners and Beyond

Post-Christmas Penguins (Read 21 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Hey guys.  I am awake because I'm not feeling well. Sad  Some sort of fever and stomach bug.  So likely a URD for me.

Kathleen, your 2015 in 2015 team is looking for you.  You can check in with them on the 2015in2015 Facebook group or in Runners' World online.

obiebyke

Ew, Z! Feel better.

I'm awake too, and have been for an hour, even though I went to bed after 1am. 'll try to go back to sleep and maybe nap this afternoon. SRD for me.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates soon.  6 and weights tonight.

Feel better, Z.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Happy Boxing Day Penguins! Feel better Z. Enjoy the nap Obie. D-looks downright cool for you today in Miami. Some miles for me today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  Either 5 or 8 later today.

Feel better Z - maybe a bit too much Christmas food?

SF - good job keeping up the streaking :-)

DR - pilates, weights, and running?  You are amazing!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

Zel - ugh, feel better soon Sad

Breakfast was a leftover brownie and a yogurt, so I'll wait a while before I run, ha. 7 or 8 planned for today.

PADRunner

Morning all. 5 done leaves after breakfast.

Hope you feel better Z.

tracilynn

Hey penguins.

I haven't checked in for days but I have  stalked read all the posts - every night.

I have not been able to run and have purposely taken this week off  My husband surprised  me with an overnight stay in Nashville and then we host Christmas Eve and Christmas day so I have been in the kitchen cooking food for DAYS And then tomorrow is my son's 6th birthday so more food and parties. UGHH.    I think today is day 6 Of my no running streak.  I'm itching, for sure.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Boxing Day!  The stores today will probably be full of folks exchanging gifts....

I have the day off work today.  Went to the gym this morning and FINALLY returned to doing my weight-training circuit. After a month off from it, wow, my worked out muscles were really screaming at me. Definitely have to be more consistent in this area.

Yesterday, tried to get a morning run in, but the park was closed when I got there - and police right inside the closed gate - so went back home.  Then Gail and I went to see "Unbreakable."  It was quite good.  Pretty darn intense in some places, but quite good, we both liked it.   AFTER the movie, I waited a couple of hours and then went to the park for my run about 3 pm.  Nice change from the 35-degree morning because at 3 it was 63 degrees and nice and sunny.   I did a trail/run walk. My first mile I puked a bit of the movie popcorn up - let me advise you, popcorn is not the best pre-run thing to eat, lol, it bloats your stomach a bit - and then I felt great.  My next 3 miles, I tripped over a root and went rolling down a hill into a big pile of leaves;  dodged off the trail to avoid an oncoming cyclist and did a splashdown in  patch of mud, and got lost a bit on new trail I'd never been on.   What a GREAT run!   I actually had a blast!  When I got back to the car, Gail had already finished her walk and was waiting there for me.  She looked at my muddy shirt,  slightly skinned knee and bruised elbow, and said "Another adventure run, huh Klutz?"  lol.  She knows me pretty well after 30 years.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Z, sorry you are not feeling well, hope this passes for you quickly!  Maybe a little of that Oregon legal marijuana would help.....

Enjoy your SRD, obiebyke!  Hope you get some sleep!

So make it 7, sapf, and round it out a bit between that 5 and 8.  Good luck!

Hope all your crud is gone now, Damaris!  Good luck with the miles and weights.

Stonefence, enjoy 'some' miles!

The breakfast of champions, Lauren!  Rock your miles!

Congrats on the 5, PAD.  Is it raining now where you are?  It has started here now, and supposed to go all night tonite.  May move your way.  Stay safe!

Nice surprise from your husband, Traci!  Wow, busy days for you!  You'll need a vacation just to rest up from the holidays!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice run Scotty.  Watch out for those cyclists.

4 miles for us.

Santa brought me some new Brooks shoes that I have to return, my first headlight, slap reflectors, and Kirkland wool trail socks that will mostly be used as slippers.   I guess DW wants me running at night on the bridle path. Hmmmm.

Anyone else receive RR presents?

PADRunner

Congrats on the 5, PAD.  Is it raining now where you are?  It has started here now, and supposed to go all night tonite.  May move your way.  Stay safe!

IT was misting a little on me when I mowed the leaves, supposed to get heavier later.

Zelanie

Starting to feel a little bit human again.  Jerry, I got an awesome medal hanger and some PR Soles.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Starting to feel a little bit human again.  Jerry, I got an awesome medal hanger and some PR Soles.

That reminds me, DW made tree ornaments out of my medals (all 3 for the year).