Beginners and Beyond

Thus does 2:59:59 disappear from my fall agenda (Read 189 times)

EasyMiles

So sorry to hear this LTH.  I agree with others about not letting go of your goal just yet.  You are not gonna loose much fitness between now and then and you just never know what can happen on race day.  At the very least I hope you make it to start, then PR, and even better reach your goal.  Good luck with your recovery and don't let this stop you from folding laundry.

Ric-G

like others I am sorry to see and read this...no easy solution but we know ourselves best and trust your gut on what seems right...you will definitely live to fight another day no matter what happens. hoping for the best and that this is just a speed bump. be well.

marathon pr - 3:16

MothAudio

There's a light that never goes out.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

happylily

There's a light that never goes out.

Moth, do you know something that we don't? How did Brad do? We want to know! I really hope he's happy with his result...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Moth, do you know something that we don't? How did Brad do? We want to know! I really hope he's happy with his result...

You need to check FB. Big grin

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

You need to check FB. Big grin

But I'm forbidden to go on Facebook! I need someone to tell me, please!

happylily

I take it it's good news, though. So I'm happy. An excellent Sunday for all so far. :-)

workinprogress11

Argh, I'm not on Facebook either. Tell me, tell me!

tracilynn

2:59:45

~~~~~~~

Traci

happylily

Bravo, LTH! Way to represent the not so young! You are awesome! Cool

workinprogress11

Amazing!  Way to get it done, LTH. I can't wait to read exactly how it got done.

outoftheblue

Wow!!!!   Never say never.

And thus did 2:59:59 disappear from the agenda.   To be replaced with an even faster time.

Life is good.

Love the Half

Officially 2:59:42.  I'll write it up later tonight but I'm getting ready to meet some folks for pizza and beer.  Mostly beer.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

meaghansketch

Wow, I was really hoping but knew it could go either way... I knew you would hit that time if it was at all within your ability, and it sounds like you did it.  Huge congratulations to you, and I can't wait to hear how it went down.

Ms Chenandler Bong

Officially 2:59:42.  I'll write it up later tonight but I'm getting ready to meet some folks for pizza and beer.  Mostly beer.

This is so awesome.   I had no idea this was going on with you (I need to get back on here more often).

How exciting for you to beat your goal even when you thought it wasn't possible.

Nearly as exciting as reading that you fold laundry.  Wink

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.