Beginners and Beyond

Where are the Weekend Penguins? (Read 18 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Is everyone asleep? =P

I'll do something easy in a bit.  I'm still feeling a bit strange but two days off seems like too much.

Good luck tomorrow Allison.  Are you going for another shiny new PR?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Brilliant

Hi Jill!  I'm not sure about a PR.  Stupid heat wave!  It's a nice flat course (but so was the last one).  So I'm going to go out at 10mm (like last one) and see how long I can hang on.  I hope you get a nice easy run done.

I ran an easy 3.7 this morning, then went to yoga.  We're headed to Long Beach in a bit for the expo and staying overnight in a downtown hotel for the 6AM start.  Because of the heat, they are allowing the half-marathoners to start at 6AM with the full-marathoners, instead of the scheduled 7:30 start.

Amazonian Princess

Good afternoon, sapf! Thank you for starting the thread; hope you had a nice run 

8 miles earlier today, then had a nice smoothie and shower, now I'm prepping pasta and veggies for late lunch. DH is at his sisters murder-mystery themed b-day party (I got to skip it because I don't get along with her racist friends but he's there out of familial obligation) Maybe a nap later or I can scan Netflix for all the stuff I want to watch but wouldn't ask him to sit thru 

I can. I will. I am. 

Amazonian Princess

Hey, Brilliant! If I could, I'd sent you the fog and cool mist I ran thru this morning. Have a great race!

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

Good luck, Brilliant!  I won't send the wind and rain I ran through today. Smile

hog4life

I was totally amazed, after working a 12 hour shift last night, I run a big PR in my 15K. My plan was to log about 16 miles for the day of just some easy miles, but it was cool, foggy, and raining a bit, and I felt really good. I did a 4.25 mile warm up, then started clicking the miles off finishing in 1:18:21 for an 8:25 pace!

One more night shift, then I head up to Detroit.

PADRunner

3 yesterday and 7 this morning.

Good luck D!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Mitch - congrats on the PR :-)

Yesterday I did one mile on the treadmill.  Today I'll try for 5-6 outside easy.  Ditto for tomorrow.  Then I'll try to tackle that 20 mile long run on Tuesday.

Brilliant

Mitch, congrats!  I'm glad the weather felt good and YOU felt good!

I PRed my half today.  2:10:27.  I'm really happy with that; shaving a bit off every time!

hog4life

Mitch, congrats!  I'm glad the weather felt good and YOU felt good!

I PRed my half today.  2:10:27.  I'm really happy with that; shaving a bit off every time!

WOOHOO!!! Congrats

Zelanie

Congrats,  Mitch and Brilliant!  Good work, D!

I ran 15. I'm tired.