Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 48 times)

LRB

"When I enter the room, you'll know it."

Anonymous

LRB

'Sup.

I am heading out for a run and can already see a tiny bit of light in the sky. That's good news for morning runners, bad news for evening runners.

Anyway, what's up with you today?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a rest day.  Feel pretty good but that's what the stupid calendar says.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Good morning!

I feel a lot better. Fever gone, yeah! but still a sore throat and congestion. Probably just a bad cold, not the flu. Thanks for all the good wishes yesterday, guys.

I will run 3 or 4 recovery miles right after work.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

15 in the fog, but got it in between showers.  Just a few drops on me, so pretty good for a Monday morning.

Glad you are feeling better Lily.  My wife has had a dose of about the same thing.  She is off to the Dr this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day!  Or, it being Monday, I hope it doesn't suck too bad.

Runner with a riding problem.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I feel a lot better. Fever gone, yeah! but still a sore throat and congestion. Probably just a bad cold, not the flu. Thanks for all the good wishes yesterday, guys.

Good. Your flu flew up the flue.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

Good. Your flu flew up the flue.

I realized that I misspelled the word yesterday. I was actually embarrassed. 

PleasantRidge, I hope your wife feels better soon! And I can't believe you start your week with a 15 miler. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

PleasantRidge, I hope your wife feels better soon! And I can't believe you start your week with a 15 miler. 

Thanks Lily.  I think her's has turned into a sinus infection, so the Dr can probably help fix her up.

I figure I won't hit triple digits if I don't get started strong.  I may not anyway , but it won't be because I was lazy on Monday.

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

And I can't believe you start your week with a 15 miler. 

Says the one who runs a 15 mile MLR. 

From the Internet.

Oddly, I have noticed that my shins ache when I wake up if I haven't gotten enough sleep. Woke up before my alarm, rubbed at my shins, turned off the alarm and slept in. Shins feel fine now. Weird! It's happened a couple of times in the last few weeks.

Bringing running clothes and shower stuff to work but it might end up being a rest day, haven't decided yet. We'll see how productive I'm feeling once I get there. Or maybe I'll do a lunch break gym visit. Riding horse in the afternoon too.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

7.3 miles for me this morning, think I need to do some stretching today and maybe schedule a massage here soon.

I was actually born on election day/night, only thinking about it because my birthday falls on that exact day this year.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

6.45 miles this morning; hour martial arts class tonight. And pancakes for breakfast, which turned out perfect, if I do say so myself. Big grin

I need to refocus on my weight loss this week, after skipping a couple workouts and eating pretty badly the last few days. Goal: 125 by Christmas. And like, FS, it's time for a massage - need to see how I can work that into the schedule this week.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

I figure I won't hit triple digits if I don't get started strong.  I may not anyway , but it won't be because I was lazy on Monday.

Is this for the miles game? 

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

You know what I love about 5Ks?  The fact that I can run a PR on Sat and still knock out a solid 22 miler on Sunday (fueled again by Halloween candy! lol).  5 wet recovery miles done this morning, at least it was 60*, not looking forward to cold rain, hate that.

Hope everyone has a good Monday! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Is this for the miles game? 

I doubt it because his team had the week off last week and he still ran 80+ miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page