Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES are late to the dailies (Read 48 times)

Cyberic

I thought that with the new people around here the dailies would be started at a decent hour. NOT!

Cyberic

I ran 10

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I thought about starting it several hours ago, but I'm not a regular poster in the dailies so I left it for someone else. Trying to motivate myself to hit the trails today.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

breadnatty08

Been slacking posting here, bleh! 

14.6mi this morning, shooting for 6 odd miles at MP.  Plan nearly fell off when the first couple miles were coming up short and just thought my legs weren't recovered from last weeks' 50k so just kind of rolled with it.  Once I turned around though, things felt a little easier and was moving steadily until I came upon a group of a few dozen runners blocked the path chatting it up (waiting to start their run, no idea?).  Well, no one seemed to GAF that runners and bikers were still using the path so as I approached I yelled "Coming through!".  Some moved out of the way, some screamed but I just pushed through holding pace.  Adrenaline pumping I now notice a Park Police cruiser pull up next to me.  I stop, he says "I shouldn't run through a group like that and a few of them said I hit them".  Um no, I didn't hit anyone and maybe they should pay attention to their surroundings and the fact that the path is used for runners/walkers/bikers ffs.  Anywho, he didn't really care and now I'm really pushing and my watch is beeping sub 6s.  Whelp, there goes that workout.  I finish out with 8 miles "hard" varying from 6:40 to 5:57, not exactly 6:20s.  

Still got a couple weeks left to dial things in before taper so hopefully I can get one of these long runs nailing MP miles.

Find me on Strava

No more marathons

slept in, now heading to India restaurant and then Blade Runner.

Maybe I'll run a couple miles later.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

GC100k

9 miles. felt good.

Cyberic

Been slacking posting here, bleh! 

14.6mi this morning, shooting for 6 odd miles at MP.  Plan nearly fell off when the first couple miles were coming up short and just thought my legs weren't recovered from last weeks' 50k so just kind of rolled with it.  Once I turned around though, things felt a little easier and was moving steadily until I came upon a group of a few dozen runners blocked the path chatting it up (waiting to start their run, no idea?).  Well, no one seemed to GAF that runners and bikers were still using the path so as I approached I yelled "Coming through!".  Some moved out of the way, some screamed but I just pushed through holding pace.  Adrenaline pumping I now notice a Park Police cruiser pull up next to me.  I stop, he says "I shouldn't run through a group like that and a few of them said I hit them".  Um no, I didn't hit anyone and maybe they should pay attention to their surroundings and the fact that the path is used for runners/walkers/bikers ffs.  Anywho, he didn't really care and now I'm really pushing and my watch is beeping sub 6s.  Whelp, there goes that workout.  I finish out with 8 miles "hard" varying from 6:40 to 5:57, not exactly 6:20s.  

Still got a couple weeks left to dial things in before taper so hopefully I can get one of these long runs nailing MP miles.

I don't think runners are a "better version" of the population in general. People on sidewalks don't GAF about others, on bikes, in cars... It's all the same. People do their thing and couldn't care less about the others. Often, when I'm walking on the sidewalk, and there's people coming the other way, they can see me but still take the whole thing, I plow through. Nobody ever said anything but if someone did, I'd stop and ask what they expected me to do, walk in the street so they can walk 3 wide?

I hate people with umbrellas, too. I'm 6'6" tall, and most people's umbrellas are at the level of my face. So I lift my forearm up as if my torso was even higher, not taking any more space, but protecting my face. I have shoved people's umbrellas that way, without pushing. Again, nobody has ever said anything.

I understand your frustration at the group taking the whole damn path.

Baboon's out gettin' his sub-1:30 on!

3 miles for me. Holding out with short sleeves at 37 degrees. Hay's in the barn. Race day temp will be 43 at the start, 55 at the finish, clear skies, no wind. As good as you could ask for.

Dave

Cyberic

Baboon's out gettin' his sub-1:30 on!

3 miles for me. Holding out with short sleeves at 37 degrees. Hay's in the barn. Race day temp will be 43 at the start, 55 at the finish, clear skies, no wind. As good as you could ask for.

Go Baboon!

Short sleeves at 37? Not for me.

Race temp is gonna be perfect!

delicate flower

No sub 1:30, of course. 1:31:14.  That was about as well as I can execute a race and I think that is the limit of my fitness right now. I can't say I could have done better.  Great pacing and a 30 second or so negative split.  I'm happy with it and I'm happy with what that projects out to for a marathon.  That race is still going on so I don't have my final placement but I'm way up there in the 5000 person field.  10/220 or so AG.

1 mile warm up

HM

4 miles easy to hit 18 for the day.

<3

Cyberic

No sub 1:30, of course. 1:31:14.  That was about as well as I can execute a race and I think that is the limit of my fitness right now. I can't say I could have done better.  Great pacing and a 30 second or so negative split.  I'm happy with it and I'm happy with what that projects out to for a marathon.  That race is still going on so I don't have my final placement but I'm way up there in the 5000 person field.  10/220 or so AG.

1 mile warm up

HM

Good job! Keep logging those hard miles for a couple of weeks still, and you're golden!

1 mile warm up

HM

BOOYA! Outstanding job. I just stalked your results. So far it has you 10/209 AG, 137/4073 OA. (The OA winner ran a freaking 1:02.) Paces showing for your 5k splits are 6:59, 7:00, 6:59, 6:58. Can't get any steadier than that.

Oh, and I could never run a 4 mile cooldown after a half. Blerg.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

1 mile warm up

HM

But that does average sub-7:00 pace.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

12. Ugh. Humid again. Plan called for 14-16. I started bargaining with myself at mile 3.4 as to how short I could cut it.

Any thoughts on this.... I joined the McMillan Run team. For $25 per month it gets access to plans, prehab and Greg McMillan himself will answer your questions. I think it's a good package. That said, not sure it's for me. I feel like I fall between levels 2 and 3 of the plans. The paces it gives me based on my recent races, well, let's just say I haven't hit any of them. Easy pace is a good 1-2 minutes slower than the calculator says. At best, I can hit the pace for the short intervals. My goal race is 11/25. Should I stick with it until then? I feel kinda crappy seeing the paces laid out and my workouts never feeling close.

Nice race Baboon. And congrats to you and DW for the trip invite.

Bread, people suck. Runners in my area don't like to share the sidewalk.

Cyberic

Any thoughts on this.... I joined the McMillan Run team. For $25 per month it gets access to plans, prehab and Greg McMillan himself will answer your questions. I think it's a good package. That said, not sure it's for me. I feel like I fall between levels 2 and 3 of the plans. The paces it gives me based on my recent races, well, let's just say I haven't hit any of them. Easy pace is a good 1-2 minutes slower than the calculator says. At best, I can hit the pace for the short intervals. My goal race is 11/25. Should I stick with it until then? I feel kinda crappy seeing the paces laid out and my workouts never feeling close.

I'm no racer, but I train as much as the next guy, and I wouldn't want a plan that I can't hit any of the paces. The paces should be very hard on bad days (maybe too hard for some days), but comfortably hard on good days. My opinion.