Beginners and Beyond

How Did You Sleep Last Night, MONDAILIES? (Read 61 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone!

I haven't been able to sleep all night. Thankfully, school has been cancelled for today, so, I hope to rest a bit.

Except for ab work and push-ups, the latter of which I just did, today will be a complete rest day.

A fine morning! weather channel says 43 degrees out, break out the swimsuits!

Slept OK last night, at least until about 4:30 AM. Now off to my 75 minute yoga class at 6:15 AM. 

Dave

Just B.S.

Slept terribly! Menopausal insomnia and a doggie who wanted out into sub zero temps at 4am to do

his business didn't make for the best nights sleep.

I'm sure I will be wide awake when I'm in the pool in 30 minutes!

Have a good day all!

@runjerseygirl

My daughter was up all night, so not very well.

I had a shit run yesterday.  I haven't had a long run in almost 2 months.  My debut half is in 10 weeks.  I am starting to freak out.

I think I'll have a cup of coffee.

Do you even run?

Ugh, Kay, I hope that you and DS have a better day today.

Kay, what was wrong with your run yesterday? And what's this about long runs? Didn't you just start a training program?

I've done my ab work. I'll have a yogurt and go to bed. I could use the rest:/

LRB

Supp Clique!

I will do nothing today and like it.  Weather wise, I am seeing what Dave is seeing, and hoping we stay in the 30's for a spell.  I am such a cheap date.

Right now, I am having a quiet morning, me likey.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Basya, Dave, Beth,  Kay, & Rick! Morning, Dailies!

A day off at last - woo hoo!!!

Got a busy day today. I'll be doing some running around, getting things done, but I'll also be doing some running, getting some miles done! Hopefully, the Riverwalk isn't flooded in too many places. We've had more than our share of rain, and they've been spilling water at dams all along the Tennessee River for weeks now to keep things under control.

Anyway, looking at 10 today. But first, some coffee!!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Luke79

My daughter was up all night, so not very well.

I had a shit run yesterday.  I haven't had a long run in almost 2 months.  My debut half is in 10 weeks.  I am starting to freak out.

I think I'll have a cup of coffee.

Kelly, you used to do 6 mile LR's.  Get out there and bang out 6 miles.  Just dooo eeet!

Luke79

SRD after my LR yesterday.  Taper week.

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good morning.

Haven't been on here for a while - I have trouble keeping up, but do enjoy hearing what you all are up to!

SRD for me today.  Probably a class at the gym tonight.

Angela 

LRB

Good morning.

Haven't been on here for a while - I have trouble keeping up, but do enjoy hearing what you all are up to!

SRD for me today.  Probably a class at the gym tonight.

Good morning!

Just do what I do, read every other page.  Big grin

Welcome back!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  What is this sleep you speak of?  Between puking cats, cats fighting and waking up in the middle of the night, I don't even know if I got ANY sleep at all.

I have a recovery run and weights.  Hoping I can finish the complaint I need to file today at a decent hour for me to leave the office on time to run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

After cutting my long run short yesterday, I'm taking today off. I'm still not back to 100% so I'm trying not to bit off more than I can chew (which I already tried to do with a tempo run Friday and LR Sunday).

I also learned that the only thing worse than getting up to make it campus at 9:00am is arriving there only to realize that it's closed because there's a holiday you didn't know about.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning everyone.

Kay how long was the run supposed to be? If you're doing a Higdon Novice plan and you're 10 weeks out the LR is probably still fairly short, and if you've had runs of 5+ miles in the past I am sure you're capable of whatever it is...do it girl! You'll rock it!

AFM- I had to do about a million stairs yesterday (thanks to the subways, theater, and my apartment) andmy knee began to twinge a little. Nothing like the pain when the ITBS as really bad, but it makes me nervous. Ice, advil, rest and hoping ofr the best today! SRD at least.

Have a good day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to