Beginners and Beyond

How Did You Sleep Last Night, MONDAILIES? (Read 61 times)

flarunner

Mornin' Peeplets!

I slept like a rock, then I got up and did 5 miles.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning dailies! I slept pretty well last night. Hip and knee still cranky today. I popped a few advil which should knock it out. Tonight I'll do a workout video and my ITB rehab.

Nevrgivup

Off to the foot guy this am to assess for orthotics. I've been wearing an artificial heal lift, but I want a custom insert made. I haven't run all weekend as I worked all weekend and my back was sore from carrying in wood Friday before the storm. I'm hoping for 5 on the TM later today.

Kay if your half is in 10 weeks, you still have time to run it. I wouldn't set your expectations high in terms of finishing times, as you've been injured for a few months and it takes double that to come back to preexisting fitness. Remember, you can always defer until another date. You don't want to go backward. Its only a race. I know it sucks, but I had to do this when I was injured and it was ok. There are other races. I'm just looking out for you, please don't take this the wrong way. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! My recovery day, so did not nor run this morning as i was dead tired from the weekend. Going to start running with my son 3-4 days a week to get him rdy for soccer next month. A couple miles with him tonite and maybe a couple more solo. Tough 11m LR yesterday. felt really good 3/4 of run and just ran out of gas last few miles. DW had to work so i did not run in am like I usually do and ran late afternoon. Think that might have been a factor as i don't typical run that long late in the day. I have not had a bad run in training in awhile so i was due for one.Smile

Hope east coasters digging out ok from snow.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! SRD. Maybe Myrtl/core at lunch, maybe cardio at lunch, maybe yoga after work... I think I'll fly by the seat of my pants today.

I slept alright last night. I woke up a million times which is pretty normal for me, and my organic alarm (kitten scratching at the door) got me out of bed 5 minutes before the REAL alarm would have gone off.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I planned to run this morning but when I woke up it was pouring rain.  So....today is a rest day.

Running for TJ because he can't.

BruceD555

BasyaSpiliakos- Thanks for kicking off the Dailies. I slept terribly last night … went to bed too late and a wicked wind started in last night that kept waking me up. Enjoy your ab work and rest day today!

DaveP MI- Watch out for heat stroke in those conditions. Enjoy that yoga class and the rest of your day.

Just B.S.- Sorry you had a lousy night of sleep as well. Have a good morning swim!

KayPS- Now THAT is what I need this morning … and make mine a double. Don’t worry about the impending HM – just trust your plan and those magic shoes. Seriously, 10 weeks is a loooong time to go until your race, you’ll get there girl!! (BTW, if all runs were great ones you’d never realize how good they were. It takes the occasional tough one to give you perspective AND they tend to grow you more than you think)

LRB- Enjoy that day of nothing … quiet is sooooo underrated!

RunTomRun- Have a great day off and hope your 10 miles are a dry one today!

Luke79- Ahhhh, taper week. Enjoy that SRD and try to turn the brain off (at least as it relates to running, germs, the weather,  injuries, aches, meteors, locusts &hellipWink

Vegan Ang- Good morning! Enjoy your class later on today as well as your SRD.

Docket_Rocket- Sorry to hear you’re another of the sleep deprived this morning. Hope your day goes smoothly and you get done early for a relaxing recovery run later on today.

Adam_McAllen- Have a great SRD and rest up from that tempo + LR.

kristin10185- Take it easy today and here’s hoping the SRD is just the medicine you need for the knee.

Flarunner- No fair! You got to sleep … you have beautiful weather right now … AND you already got in 5 miles - I'm jealous! Great job!

lilac_jive- Sorry you’ve got a cranky hip/knee today. Hope your day goes well and the ITB rehab keeps on progressing for you!

Nevrgivup- Have a good 5 on the TM later on and hope your apt goes well today for the orthotics.

jedigunnie26.2- Good job on toughing out the 11 yesterday. I completely agree that a sudden change of plans (time of day for the run) can wreck how the run feels.

AprilRunner- Enjoy your seat-of-the-pants SRD/yoga/cardio/core kind of day. Man I wish I could be flexible sometimes – I see what's on my schedule and just gotta do it.

As I already said, we had wicked winds blow through overnight and it sounded like the house was going to blow apart. Needless to say I will be having extra coffee this morning to hopefully counteract the lack of sleep. I am tempted to take today off, but will probably end up doing a few easy miles on the TM at work to help recovery. Enjoy your days and be safe out there today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

DCDan78

Morning!  I slept well, though had to sleep fast after not starting until after 1 AM.

Three miles and some strength training today.  If the rain clears up, it may be in the 50s though!

Kay - I'm in agreement with the others.  With 10 weeks before your HM, you'll get there.

Happy running.

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  I slept ok last night but did wake up a few times.  I'll probably nap today.  I start Week 2 off from work.  More PT and more recovery today.  I can see why my doc told me to take two weeks off from work...I am no shape to go back to work yet.  Still in pain and still moving very gingerly.

Have a great Monday!

<3

LRB

Kay if your half is in 10 weeks, you still have time to run it. I wouldn't set your expectations high in terms of finishing times, as you've been injured for a few months and it takes double that to come back to preexisting fitness. Remember, you can always defer until another date. You don't want to go backward. Its only a race. I know it sucks, but I had to do this when I was injured and it was ok. There are other races. I'm just looking out for you, please don't take this the wrong way. Smile

Good stuff.

@runjerseygirl

The problem is that I haven't been able to run on the road on the weekends due to the weather.  The TM at my gym seems to be the one giving me all the issues.  Yesterday I was going to attempt 5 miles on the TM, but only made it to just past 2 before my IT band started getting angry.  I'm hoping the snow and ice will be all cleared up before next Sunday.  I know it sounds like an excuse, but I really have no interest in running on icy/snowy roads.  I want to get better, not hurt.

Do you even run?

LRB

The problem is that I haven't been able to run on the road on the weekends due to the weather.  The TM at my gym seems to be the one giving me all the issues.  Yesterday I was going to attempt 5 miles on the TM, but only made it to just past 2 before my IT band started getting angry.  I'm hoping the snow and ice will be all cleared up before next Sunday.  I know it sounds like an excuse, but I really have no interest in running on icy/snowy roads.  I want to get better, not hurt.

That is not an excuse.  I drive 45 minutes (about 50 miles round trip) on Saturday and Sundays in a truck that drinks gas like a whale eats plankton, to run in a park that clears the running surface.

Trudging over snow and ice can be worse than the treadmill for some of us.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Off to the foot guy this am to assess for orthotics. I've been wearing an artificial heal lift, but I want a custom insert made. I haven't run all weekend as I worked all weekend and my back was sore from carrying in wood Friday before the storm. I'm hoping for 5 on the TM later today.

For what it's worth. I got orthotics back in December and they really cleared up the problem I was having with my foot (we probably don't have the same issue, but still... I hope you have the same luck). It certainly took awhile to get used to though.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Just B.S.

Yikes I'm too happy for first thing on a Monday morning. I had a big breakthrough at the pool today. I just

completed my 5th week of swimming on the weekend and started into my 6th today. On Jan 5th I had a

hard time completing the 50 yards one way down the pool without my breathing making me  feel like a

guppy being tossed around in an Atlantic hurricane.

This morning at 7:30am  after 600 yards of warm up including 3 X100  individual laps I said "to heck with

it, I'm going to see how far I can push this thing",,,,,the next 400 yards were continuous and easy!!!!!!!!!!Cool 

I was very disappointed that it was time to leave because I felt like I could have easily kept going for a few

hundred more.

Happy dance!!

I did a really tough 10 miles yesterday, with 1000 feet of gain, temp of 0F and windy, roads were not icy but

they were covered in slush and snow from the big storm. 3 times I had a total right side of body slush splash

from big ass truck  and their big ass tires.   But I got 'er done!!!

5 easy miles later today.

Have a good one folks!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After 2 events done over the weekend, I slept like a rock last night, very nice, thanks for asking.  Here are the links to my reports and photos...lots of photos, I guess I got a bit carried away, lol.  But they were both great events with very nice post-race parties.

Be My Valentine 5K:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/66113d9647b74210829b5842cc687964/resume#focus

San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo 4-Miler:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/0f667bffa6084af78864e2bdb3b82174/resume#focus

Today is a rest day.  As I was off Thursday and Friday, I will probably work a little late today to catch up on some stuff.

Hope you can get some nap time in today, Basya!

43 degrees is still cold for me, Dave!  Glad it will be in the 60s today here in San Antonio.  We are getting thunderstorms though.

Hope the pool rejuvenated you, Just B.S.

Sorry about the crappy run, Kay.  As for your upcoming race...no pressure, just treat it as a fun event, walk some of it if you have to.  Maybe do what I do with mine...carry your camera, stop a lot of times on the way, take photos.  You don't even notice the miles going by! Big grin

Enjoy your doing nothing today, LRB!

Wow, Tom, you day off sounds quite busy!  Good luck with everything!

Happy Taper Week, Luke!  Don't go crazy...

Welcome back, Vegan Ang.....enjoy the class if you get to do it.

Happy recovery run and weights, Damaris.  Don't fall asleep at one of the weight machines..  Hope you get your complaint/brief/thingy done with no problems.

I also learned that the only thing worse than getting up to make it campus at 9:00am is arriving there only to realize that it's closed because there's a holiday you didn't know about.  That sucks.  I did that once for work, forget to check the bad-weather line and just drove to work.  Nobody there at all.  So I just sat at my desk and worked.  After 3 hours, the campus police came around checking all the buildings and offices and said "Why are you here?  The campus was closed today due to potential road flooding."   Duhhhh.  They weren't kidding about the flooding either, took me 2 hours to get home on what is usually a 20 minute drive, had to keep back tracking and driving around to get by all the roads that were closed due to high-water over them.   Enjoy your day off, Adam, and hope you feel 100% in no time.

Stairs are the worst for knees, Kristin.  My knees especially hate going DOWN the stairs.  Hope your knee behaves itself!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt