Beginners and Beyond

How Did You Sleep Last Night, MONDAILIES? (Read 61 times)

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Slept pretty well here, but should have gone to bed earlier.  Tonight I have 7 planned, with 3-4 at tempo.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to go on the 5 miles, fla runner.  I am moving up this week to a 'long' run of 5 miles (been doing 4 as my long run for the last month)..haven't done 5 miles in forever, so will see how my back behaves.

Sorry about the cranky hip and knee, lilac!  Good luck with your workout.

Hope your insurance covers orthotics, nevrgivup, those darn things can be expensive.  Stretch, stretch, stretch that back, you don't want to end up like me, lol.

Good luck to your son, Jedi, in his upcoming soccer season. Sorry about the no-gas for your long run, but no big deal, I'm sure you will just shake that off, bad runs happen on occasion.

Good luck with whatever workout you decide on, April.  Yeah, who needs alarms when you have cats, lol.  They will wake you up fer sher, on their time!

Enjoy the rest day, Robert.  Umm, what happens if you're doing a race and it starts pouring rain?  Gotta train for every scenario, you know.. Wink  I don't mind running in rain, but if there is lightning with the rain....forget it!

Enjoy your TM run, Bruce.  Wow, the winds sound awful.  Stay safe yourself!

Sorry about still being in pain, Phil.  Hope they gave you some good stuff for that..(0hhh, the colors, the colors!)  Good luck with your continuing PT.

Congrats on your pool progress, Just B.S.!

Good luck with the 7, Zelanie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Rick, enjoy your rest day.

Tom, have a wonderful day off. Have a great ten-miler.

Welcome back, Angela. Enjoy your rest day. Of what kind of class are you thinking?

Damaris, I hope that your day isn't too stressful. Have a refreshing recovery run and an amazing weight-training session.

Adam_McAllen, feel well soon.

kristin10185, may your rest day do your knee good.

flarunner, bravo doing five miles before the world around you begins hollering. I admire the consistency of your early-morning runs.

lilac_jive, have fun with the workouts.

Hilary, good luck with the appointment. I hope that you manage to run the five that you want.

jedigunnie26.3, running with DS sounds excellent.

AprilRunner, may whatever you end up doing be fabulous.

Robert, I hope that your unexpected rest day is unexpectedly pleasant.

BruceD555, enjoy your TM run. Sleep better tonight.

DCDan78, have amazing running and strength training sessions.

Baboon, continue being good to yourself.

Beth, congratulations on the achievement! The thought of swimming 400 yards easily blows my mind. Have amazing five miles to tonight.

scottydawg, have a wonderful well-earned rest day.

Zelanie, have a great run. Tempo miles are challenging in a fun way.

I feel refreshed. I'm resisting the urge to go to the gym and do half an hour of gentle cardio. I'll hit the shower and take care of my feet.

Morning all. I have a short recovery run planned for later.

Pinktastic

Good Morning My Runner Friends!

I hope everyone made it through the storms safe and sound!

Basya – I’m sorry that you had such a terrible night and didn’t get much sleep!   Enjoy your running rest day, and I hope that your day is relaxing and restful!

DaveP – I hope that yoga goes well this morning!   Don’t forget your sunscreen when you go outside!

Beth – I’m sorry that you had a bad night as well – must have been going around last night….    What a great swim you had this morning!!   You are turning into quite the fish!  I hope that you have a wonderful run later!

Kay – You’ve still got time in your plan to get those miles up.    Bad runs happen, but we all know that you can do this!   Cut yourself some slack for yesterday and just get back out there today and knock it out of the park!

LRB – A nice quiet morning sounds Pinklightful!   Enjoy your day of doing nothing!

Tom – Have an awesome run today!   I hope you can stay dry out there!

Luke – Enjoy your SRD today!   And, may the crazies not find you during your taper!

Angela – Welcome back!   It’s so nice to see you this morning!  Have a great gym class tonight!

Damaris – New avi?   I like it!    I hope that the complaint writing goes so smoothly that it practically writes itself!   Have a fabulous run tonight!

Adam – Hopefully a rest day will make you feel better and stronger tomorrow!

Kristin10185 – I hope that the ice, Advil, and rest completely heals that flaring knee pain!   Have a wonderful day!

Flarunner – Glad to hear that someone slept well last night!   Nice run this morning!

Lilac – I hope that the Advil takes care of the cranky hip and knee!   Have a splendid day!!

Hilary – I hope that the orthotics are just the ticket to keep you healthy and injury-free!

Jedi – Enjoy your run with your son tonight!  I think it’s awesome that you’re going to start running with him!!

April – Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a Pinksational day!

Robert – Have a fantastic day today!

Bruce – Glad that the wind didn’t blow your house down around you!  Stay safe in this crazy weather!

DCDan – Have a great run and workout later!

Phil – A nap sounds soooooo good today!   I hope that today’s PT is very beneficial and you feel better soon!!

Scotty – I do not know how you can race so much!   You’re amazing!   Enjoy your rest day!

Zelanie – Nice to hear that you slept well too!   Good luck with your run tonight!

Today is SRD for me.    I took my nephew to daycare this morning and that always starts my day off wonderfully!!

Happy Monday!   And, may your next run be the best one yet this month!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

StepbyStep-SH

Taking an URD. I had planned to attempt 8 miles easy on the TM, but decided to just stay home and get some things done here. My ankle doesn't hurt, but I can "feel" it still. So I'll give it another day to recover.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Nevrgivup

I failed to mention that I had orthotics back in 2008, but stopped wearing them because they were hard to get used to.  I also didn't like how rigid they were. Well I know that in order to prevent further injuries, I have to wear them, plus my right heal has been bugging me.  I saved the orthotics, brought them with me today, and its only going to cost me like $50 to refurbish them. Sweet!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

B-Plus

Good morning dailies,

I'm not sure what's going on with me lately, but I didn't run at all last week ... Except maybe to the corner store to buy junk food. I hope I don't mess up my spring by being lazy.

No running today, but to the gym i go after work. HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

To everyone having not so great sleep, sorry to hear that.

To everyone who is having okay sleep, nice to hear that.

Kay - hope things get better, and stop freaking out Smile

Damaris - One of my cats kept meowing at our door, 4 cats, 2 bowls of food (each holds like a cup and a half)  and yet they eat it all within 8 hours Confused None of them are fat either!!!!

My son fought sleep until......... around midnight I think, then I finally got to sleep. He woke me up around 3:30 a.m, unhappy, hungry and a wet diaper. Will SOMEONE please tell me they stop trying to fight you eventually!!! I swear, my son just found out a few weeks ago that he could roll from his back whenever and wherever, so when I try to change his diaper or change his clothes, he is trying to get away from me, normally it's hilarious but at 3 in the morning it is aggravating. My little angel turns 10 months this Wednesday!!!!!! I can't believe we're two months from a year, it doesn't feel like that long at all. He is such an awesome little monkey, and his personality is really starting to show now <3 <3 <3

I have an easy 5 miler tonight, I feel pretty good and ready and not in the mood for slow and easy but I'll do it anyways.  It's going to be around 45 this evening during my run, it is going to feel AMAZING. Last night I took my dog Rocky for an almost 4 mile walk, it was 50 degrees and windy, near the river it was a bit chilly but I felt great in short sleeves.

Update: I was looking over my results for Saturday's race just out of curiosity, and then I decided to look in age group and was pleased. In females 25-29, out of 52 finishers I placed 13! What is even cooler about that is my little angel was born April 13, 2012 (Friday the 13th). My lucky number is 13!!!! It is so awesome!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I read everything but I am swamped to even think of a response.

and I feel like shit, happy Monday to me!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Good afternoon dailies!  We were supposed to do Chest and Back this morning and run this afternoon, but DS was throwing up last night and was in our bed this morning when it was time to get up to workout.  I didn't have the heart to wake the poor thing up at 4:30 so we just slept in. We will get our run done this afternoon though.  Hope everyone has a great day!!

FreeSoul:  I hate to tell you this, but no they don't every really stop fighting you!  They just fight you over different things!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good afternoon dailies!  We were supposed to do Chest and Back this morning and run this afternoon, but DS was throwing up last night and was in our bed this morning when it was time to get up to workout.  I didn't have the heart to wake the poor thing up at 4:30 so we just slept in. We will get our run done this afternoon though.  Hope everyone has a great day!!

FreeSoul:  I hate to tell you this, but no they don't every really stop fighting you!  They just fight you over different things!

Tears, lol. I guess I have to consider myself lucky to work for DH, he's understanding if I come in 9:30, 10:30 and sometimes 11 a.m if I'm up all night. Usually I can find something to distract him long enough to change his diaper or clothes........... but then there are those times when he is like "See Ya!!!", and boy does he move!! It's awesome watching him grow and learn, but I am about to buy pull ups in his size, it would make things so much easier lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Top of the afternoon to you all!  Got in 6.45 recovery miles in some high winds this morning, and will shoot for about 8 more miles later today.  I feel like I'm wasting gas driving to my running spot twice, but I'm doing my best to make sure that all of my runs aren't 12 miles or more because I know my body can't handle that yet.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

I went to the gym and did Myrtl and 3x45" of standard core.

I had about 20 minutes to burn before I had to be back at work, and I needed powdered sugar and butter to make cupcakes tonight (don't worry, I will share with you guys). I thought I'd be crafty and pick them up at CVS down the road. Well, they had 3 types of granulated sugar but no powdered. Booooo. Guess I still need to go to the grocery store on the way home.