Beginners and Beyond

So Early Saturdalies (Read 52 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Good morning runners. Up early for pre-race coffee and a bagel. Based on OFR's post yesterday. I need to up my pre-race bathroom game, so waiting for the coffee to do it's thing.

It's a good thing I don't try to dress for the race's theme. Today's 10k is the Think Pink-Octoberfest-Aberdeen Proving Ground 100 year celebration.

What's everyone got for the day?

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning runners! Good luck HCK 2.0! Last night I ran with the running group again. 5 miles at Durand Eastman Park. Very hilly and lots of twisty turny hairpin stuff. Very fun and the Trails Roc crew is very cool. I am doing trail running and road running right now. I am really enjoying it.

Poppy Ott

Nothing To See Here

Good morning, runners!

Good luck Half Crazy!

Four miles this morning,   Taper time doesn't bother me as much as it does some, but four miles hardly seems like enough with Chicago only a week away.  I was a good boy though and stuck to the plan, and reminded myself that the training is done.  Now it's important not to do anything stupid.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Good luck in your 10K, 2.0!

What's everyone got for the day?

Half marathon. It's PR weather. Currently 49 degrees, cloudy, drizzly, no wind.  Race starts at 9:00.

<3

delicate flower

Sitting in my car and I see so many people I know rolling in. Very cool. And I've thoroughly emptied my intestines.

<3

GEHamlin

Good luck racers!!!

SRD for me today; and I am so grateful. I really needed this rest today (and tomorrow's too). I slept more than 9 hours last night. I was REALLY tired.

POPPY: I can't believe you're a week away from Chicago. Dang! That went fast.

OFR: if what you said is true about poopin' on race day, I'd have a PR every time! Your theory may have some holes in it 🤔

zzyzx

I've been bad about posting in the new forum but I'm going to try again. However today is a fast day... if I want my atonement, I'm going to have to earn it. Might go for a short walk but that's it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I want to go to OTF but woke up somewhat sick (thanks, husband), so I have 5 miles tonight and I might skip OTF so as not to get worse with this cold.

Half Crazy, go!  Good luck!

Baboon, good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

As far as the bathroom thing goes. As soon as my body knows I'm going for a run or racing I am able to immediately expel everything. I've never once been caught having to go during a run. I'm just happy I'm built that way. I can't imagine having to go during a run.

Good Morning Everyone!

Good luck HalfCrazy, Baboon, and any other racers. It sure feels like PR weather out there.

I thought Id give OFRs Poop Chart a try and squeezed out a 3rd #2 before my run this morning. I must have dropped some brain cells also as I screwed up and ran an extra MP mile .

Workout called for 12mi total. 5easy/ 4MP / 2HMP/ 1Down. Ran this one at my hilly local park. Its about 1000' of gain per 12mi. This was tough.

Did my 5 @ 8:13, 7:32, 7:30, 7:35, 7:34

MP @ 7:01, 6:44, 6:52, 6:52, 6:53 (BONUS MILE)

HMP @ 6:34, 6:35

My legs are trashed. This was one of those character builder workouts.

Have a great weekend everyone. Will check back in later. Off to a fall fest with the little guys to build a scare crow and get some pony rides

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Half Crazy K 2.0

Close to 9 total. 10k went ok, about 58 minutes. Was hoping to be closer to 56. Last 2.5 miles were rough, first 2.5 felt easy. The first part was the out--downhill with a tail wind to start meant uphill and headwind coming back. Guess I can't complain too much, pace was 30 seconds per mile faster than Sundays 5k. Go figure.

Good luck Baboon! Definitely PR weather today, aside from the wind.

breadnatty08

Howdy folks!  OFR, I'm generally good at enough poop stops before races, but often have to go on some runs.  Thankfully, I almost always stick to running in trails or in the park on roads so bathrooms are, everywhere.  

Jay, sounds like a great workout.  Mine was a little similar; I basically through it together on the first couple miles of the run cause that's how I roll.  3mi up, 2mi tempo (11:54), 3mi easy, 5mi @MP (6:19, 21, 10, 17, 22), 3mi easy, 2mi tempo (11:54), 3mi down.

21.1mi total, 6:49 avg.  Was a great run and managed to hang those MP miles a bit closer in pace.

Something easy tomorrow to finish out another 100mi week.  Really looking forward to the race next weekend!

Good luck this weekend races: Half Crazy and Baboon! 

Find me on Strava

Cyberic

16.75 miles with 5K@MP (Jack Daniels eq) + 5K@MP (more realistic)

Cyberic

Did my 5 @ 8:13, 7:32, 7:30, 7:35, 7:34

MP @ 7:01, 6:44, 6:52, 6:52, 6:53 (BONUS MILE)

HMP @ 6:34, 6:35

My legs are trashed. This was one of those character builder workouts.

Good stuff!

Cyberic

Close to 9 total. 10k went ok, about 58 minutes. Was hoping to be closer to 56. Last 2.5 miles were rough, first 2.5 felt easy. The first part was the out--downhill with a tail wind to start meant uphill and headwind coming back. Guess I can't complain too much, pace was 30 seconds per mile faster than Sundays 5k. Go figure.

Good luck Baboon! Definitely PR weather today, aside from the wind.

Good job HCK!

Good luck baboon!