Beginners and Beyond

R.A.G. 26.2 & Fort Myers Beach Marathon RRs: When You are Searching for 3 Maniac Stars, Go For 4!!!!! (Read 112 times)

Congrats on the star upgrade.  Doubles are fun, challenging, hard, rewarding, and painful all in one.  Nice work on pushing your limits.  And MM is not really about time, but about finishing, whatever it takes.  Rest up, and best of luck with the next adventure.  (PS Stars are cool, I have 6, but that's my limit).

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

outoftheblue

I meant to mention -- I wouldn't get too stressed out by the down-time if you do need surgery.  You can pm me if you want more details, but my experience with fibroid surgery is that the more healthy and active you are going in, the faster the recovery.   After my first surgery, I was back to mild exercising by the fourth week and only waited that long to please my doc and anxious family.

Congrats again.

Life is good.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Very funny about the baby joke. Don't jinx yourself!

LOL, I just about flipped too!  I was like......Shocked

I still don't know how you do it, D!!  That's friggin' ridiculous!!  (Congrats to Lara too & glad you guys got to meet up)

I wish I had HALF of your will & determination!!

Smile

Randy

PADRunner

I saw the back to back dates in the race thread and didn't believe it, but leave it to you to do it.

Congrats!

Just B.S.

I meant to mention -- I wouldn't get too stressed out by the down-time if you do need surgery.  You can pm me if you want more details, but my experience with fibroid surgery is that the more healthy and active you are going in, the faster the recovery.   After my first surgery, I was back to mild exercising by the fourth week and only waited that long to please my doc and anxious family.

Congrats again.

I ran a full last January then had a hysterectomy 2 weeks later and was back to running after 6 weeks and 7 weeks after that  ran a 2:01 half  which   at that time was my 2 Nd best half ever.

Being fit certainly speeds recovery (even for old gals like me) And someone young like Danarus will bounce back quickly.

Congrats on the double DR!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats again.

Thanks!  I will once I speak to my OBG.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I ran a full last January then had a hysterectomy 2 weeks later and was back to running after 6 weeks and 7 weeks after that  ran a 2:01 half  which   at that time was my 2 Nd best half ever.

Being fit certainly speeds recovery (even for old gals like me) And someone young like Danarus will bounce back quickly.

Congrats on the double DR!

Thanks!  Will be PMing you too.  Hubby thinks the doctor will call once he gets the results for sure.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Damaris, I am practically speechless at the things you do. You are such a strong woman, congratulations!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, you really are insane!  In a good way, of course! Big grin  Congrats on your marathons and your stars!  Heck, you ARE a star!  Way to go!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RSX

Congrats you are a badass, and what is this crap about just 2 marathons left this year? Just kidding such an incredible year.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm not sure if it's a congratulations or an intervention that's in order.  Either way, you do amazing things.  I can't imagine.  I've run ONE, and I'm ready to take a year off from that distance.  24 hrs?  I don't care if you run, walk or crawl.  It's amazing.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You are truly a badass D, my brain is fried from sinuses so forgive me if this is a stupid question - have you done ultras yet? Like 50ks, 50 milers, 100ks and 100 milers? If not, do you plan on it?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Wow. I don't know if I should call you a lunatic or a beast. Either way, take it as a compliment. That is just amazing.

I call her a crazy beast.

Close enough

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

TakeAHike

Congrats Damaris.  Two marathons in two days is a huge accomplishment.  I am sorry you had such trouble with your feet, but you persevered and ran strong at the end of the race. Impressive stuff.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20