Beginners and Beyond

R.A.G. 26.2 & Fort Myers Beach Marathon RRs: When You are Searching for 3 Maniac Stars, Go For 4!!!!! (Read 112 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Marathon Maniacs = Long Distance Lunatics. Big grin

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

You are truly a badass D, my brain is fried from sinuses so forgive me if this is a stupid question - have you done ultras yet? Like 50ks, 50 milers, 100ks and 100 milers? If not, do you plan on it?

I did 50K and have two more planned.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Wow. I don't know if I should call you a lunatic or a beast. Either way, take it as a compliment. That is just amazing.

Those were my thoughts too, great job you crazy Marathon Maniac lunatic-beast!

Another great read! Thanks for posting. You really are inspiring, makes me want to run more.

Love the Half

The likelihood of me ever doing two marathons like that is zero.  Hell, I can barely walk today.  I'm impressed.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

SheCan

Back to back marathons?   You always surprise me.  Congratulations!  You really are amazing.  I'm so glad you got to meet Lara.  You're both such special people.  The pics from the Sarasota Marathon are absolutely gorgeous.

The Fort Myers Marathon sounded way, way tough.  I'm glad you worked it out, and finally got some good miles in.  YOu don't even look tired after the race.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

You are truly insane.

Smile 

Great job - but what, no Hokas?

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I don't forsee D wearing hokas until they start matching her outfits.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

I don't forsee D wearing hokas until they start matching her outfits.  Smile

I wore Hokas in NY!!!

MBC, long story was that I wanted sonething lighter but ended on Friday choosing two pairs as heavy.  I am sure my feet would not have been as bad had I used the Hokas.

Thanks, guys

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

catwhoorg

Labrat

Whats this about D and Hookers ?

Is that where the baby came from ?

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Whats this about D and Hookahs ?

FYP Big grin

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I wore Hokas in NY!!!

But is that because they matched?  Your color coordination skills are inspiring.  Especially to those of us who are (cough) apparently a little colorblind...

Docket_Rocket

But is that because they matched?  Your color coordination skills are inspiring.  Especially to those of us who are (cough) apparently a little colorblind...

You got it all wrong.  I was wearing Hokas, so I matched the outfit to the Hokas.  Ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

You must teach me more about this matching thing.  You know how confused I get.

Hip Redux

BIG congrats on your four stars!