Beginners and Beyond

Where are you WednesDAILIES! (Read 43 times)

Hip Redux

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Hip Redux

Yo, wake up, peeps!

Big grin

delicate flower

Hola arrivederci!  I agree that people need to wake up.  What kind of place are we running here?

Bike ride followed by a short run on the schedule this evening.  I'm going to take it easy though.  Of course, saying that now and then actually taking it easy are two entirely different things.  Roll eyes

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There you guys are!!

Went on a short, easy jog this morning. After 3 rest  days in a row- 2 SRD and one URD- decided short and easy was best. Harder/longer stuff planned for the rest of the week.

Got my RR up from my 10 mile race for anyone interested!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Here! Weather looks fabulous, I'm heading out for a 10+ mile bike ride (depends if I can get access to the new part of the trail).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm baaaack!

What a crazy weekend and next couple of days!  Here is a short recap:

Saturday:  Did my 35th event of 2013, the Doggie Dash 5K.  BTW, if you tried to review my report recently, my apologies on the photos. I had exceeded my free monthly bandwidth limit on my photobucket account.  I have now upgraded my account, so the photos are back again.  Here is the link to the report:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/d4721f0e1f3c426286f3076eae20f532/0

Sunday:  Up at 2:15 a.m., at the airport by 4 a.m.   Flew to St. Louis and then on to Reagan International at D.C.  Took the metro to Rosslyn in Virginia, then a short cab ride to the hotel.  Days Inn in Arlington, on Arlington Blvd, right across from Fort Meyer.  Room was kinda small, but a nice one, and we were only staying for 1 night, and a pretty good deal in the DC area for  only $69, so what the heck.  So did the "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles' thing, lol.  Gail and I were pretty exhausted, so just stayed in, caught up on our sleep, watched movies, had room service.

Monday:  Up at 6 a.m. and went for a run in the area around the hotel.  I grew up in this area, but have not been back since 1994 so recognized NOTHING, lol.  The streets, buildings, etc, can sure change in 19 years! Joking   I should have been wearing this dog tag when I was out running that morning:

Never-the-less, it was fun even if I did get myself lost.  And the weather, compared to San Antonio weather, was beautiful.  A little overcast, 62 degrees, low humidity, low dewpoint.  Sweet. Ran through a lovely neighborhood with these huge and beautiful houses;  got to give a treat to this HUGE and beautiful Irish wolfhound a guy was walking in the neighborhood;  then tried to figure out which street would take me back toward my hotel and came upon 5 ladies out doing a group run, wearing shirts that said Arlington Runners Club or Arlington Road Runners Club, or something like that.  Anyway, they were out doing a training run for an upcoming race and were actually heading back toward my hotel, so they invited me to run with them and would show me the way, sweeet.  So I ended up getting a nice "touring" run in the Arlington area with 5 lovely ladies, got to see a great dog and a beautiful neighborhood, and had lovely weather.  Nice!  Ended up putting in just a little over 4 miles.  And lots of hills, Arlington area is very hilly!   Also saw lots of other runners out doing their thing, apparently this area has a plethora of runners.  After my run, Gail and I chilled for a while, then had lunch at a very nice place across from the hotel.  Then my cousin picked us up and we went to Arlington Cemetery to inter my mom's ashes with my Dad's.  Also got to spend time with my daughter, who came up from PA, and my sister, who lives in VA.  The ceremony was very nice, the military Honor Guard always does such a great job!   After the ceremony, back on the metro, then to the airport for the trip home...and the flight was delayed by 4 hours due to bad weather from  St. Louis on out to the east coast.  Great! We finally got to St. Louis very late...and found out since we were on the last flight to San Antonio for the night, Southwest had actually held the plane for all the incoming passengers from DC - there turned out to be about 10 of us going to San Antonio - which was nice of them.   So we made our connecting flight, thank you Southwest!  Supposed to arrive in San Antonio by 11 pm originally, but due to the delay did not get there till about 2 a.m.  Got home and just crashed and did not wake up until around 9:30 on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday:  Had the day off, thankfully!  Gail and I went woke up still feeling VERY lethargic.  We headed to Randolph Air Force Base, where I did 3.2 mile run/walk and Gail walked for an hour, shaking off that jetlag, aahh, nice, and much better.  Since we did not get to the base until 10:30 the weather was quite different from DC:  already 80 degrees, 87% humidity, and  a dewpoint above 73.  I was drenched in sweat when I finished and the cold shower I took post-run felt great.

Today I have the day off also.  It is a rest day from running, but I will probably mow the lawn today.  After that, just chill out, maybe even nap in the middle of the day on what is normally a work day, how 'decadent."  Wink  Then tomorrow back to work, where I will probably be playing 'catch-up' for two days!

That's been my week so far!  OK, on to some personals.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Supp!

7 easy complete.

Busy morning so I'll check back later.  It's gonna be a great one!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

thanks for starting us off, Oski!  I have the day off today and after a hectic past few days, I slept in this morning.

Enjoy your duathlon tonite, Phil!

Congrats on your run, Kristin, and on your 10 mile race!  Looking forward to reading your report!

Lilac, hope your miles went well!

Way to go on your miles, LRB.  Good luck with your busy day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

My paces seem to be coming back!

11.38 miles at 9:53 overall; hills were slower, but the flatter miles were all well under 10:00. I think cranking up a bit for the tempo run on Monday (and running yesterday's SRD miles a bit faster than easy pace ) have my legs thinking about a quicker turnover.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Day off from work again since I still have a fever.  I have lost 6lbs so SRD.  Real food is on for today.  We'll see how that goes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Will run for scenery.

Morning everybody.  Embarrassed

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal.  Think I'll do some faster intervals on the TM to get the leggies moving again.

Had a crazy idea last night. I'm thinking of signing up for Big Sur Marathon.  My sis lives in Monterey, and there's a seafood taco joint there that I'm crazy about.  But the run is in April so it pretty much means running/training all winter.  And I'm a wuss.  But that is one gorgeous road, and the tacos are nom nom nom.

Good luck with your runs, people, and enjoy the hump!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

Scotty, that sounds like a great run. I haven't been to Arlington in years.

Damrais, good luck with real food. It sucks getting sick but at least the weight loss is a consolation prize.

Zelanie

Morning!  Ran 3 this AM, but should have stopped at 2.  My knee is definitely swollen and hurts to bend.  Going down stairs sideways.  PT today, we'll see what he has to say.  Also volunteering at the local track meet.

But for now, going in to work (yes, I know it's summer, still somehow working 5 days this week between weight watchers and teaching committees and such).

jjs- Somebody from my running group has done Big Sur a few times and says it's a great race.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day as I'm really trying to be good on recovery. Next week should be one rest day then fully normal. I hope.

Marjorie

outoftheblue

Well the fun and drama of race weekend is officially behind me.  I'm back to weeding and  painting the chicken coop, which I should be able to finish today -- finally!  I'm going to try to get in 1 or 2 easy miles just to wake the leg back up later today.

jjs -- Big Sur is supposed to be spectacular, although even hillier than SF I think.

Life is good.