Beginners and Beyond

Oh, the Places You'll Go SaturDAILIES (Read 56 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Met my RP early for 10 miles then we went to breakfast with the running group. It was a nice morning, low 30's with a little breeze. My last mile was over a minute faster than my first. It took a little bit for my legs to wake up!

I also did 50 pushups and situps to continue my streak.

Zelanie

Step- I am reading that book right now!  Or rather, I started it and got sidetracked by another (fiction) book, but I'll pick it up again when I'm done.  I like the focus on adjusting your training based on how things are going.  I've tried to apply that principle to my Pfitz plan and I think it helps me stay sane.

Ball of Fury

Happy Saturday!  Nice running all!  I had a terrible, terrible attitude about my run this morning....it was cold and windy and as soon as I laced up my shoes, it started snowing!  That almost made me just throw in the towel, but I went out there and actually enjoyed my 6 easy miles this morning!  Average 9:23/mile, which is a much better average pace than my easy runs have been when they are the day after a tempo, so happy about that.  Also did Ab Ripper X, 50 push-ups, and 50 tricep dips.  Since last Sunday, I have worked 67 hours and run 40.2 miles, so consider the week a success....just wish I could find a way to switch those 2 numbers around!  Have a great weekend everyone!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Phil I hope your dog is ok!!!!! Great news on the exercising though!

I just got back from Zumba class! I can't run today (or shouldn't....I have my 5K tomorrow and a rest day before a race is always best for me) but I had to do SOMETHING (not feeling the lazy Saturday...I wanted to sweat!) and I realized I haven't been to Zumba in FOREVER! So off I went and had a blast!

Good luck to anyone racing!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Good day everyone!

SO is gone for the weekend, so I'm going to try to finish this darn Life of Pi before I'm forced to see it on the screen. I've only had the book like 2 years now on my night table... Roll eyes

I ran a good 10 miles this morning, on the track. 7:12 pace, 1:12:02. I am pretty happy about that. Finished with two cool down miles. Total: 12 miles in 1:32:06. I'll try to run another 2 or 3 easy miles tonight to keep another higher (for me) mileage week.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Party at Lily's house!  Woot! Big grin

Good day everyone!

SO is gone for the weekend, so I'm going to try to finish this darn Life of Pi before I'm forced to see it on the screen. I've only had the book like 2 years now on my night table... Roll eyes

I ran a good 10 miles this morning, on the track. 7:12 pace, 1:12:02. I am pretty happy about that. Finished with two cool down miles. Total: 12 miles in 1:32:06. I'll try to run another 2 or 3 easy miles tonight to keep another higher (for me) mileage week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Party at Lily's house!  Woot! Big grin

Yeah! Let's burn the book and bring out the strong stuff! Big grin

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I don't normally post in the dailies, but wanted to share my surprise and joy at how my run this morning went. I ran 8.6 miles yesterday which is a long run for me and I expected to be leg weary today. Since I didn't work late yesterday I was able to join my club group so I had a running partner. I finished our standard 6.3 mile run averaging 10:05 pace, over a minute per mile faster than I've been running my solo easy and long runs.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 early am.  Then took one of the pups to the pool.  Hammy goes to swim every Saturday.  He had major back surgery in 2011 and I did his rehab.  Once he was cleared we started taking him to a pool here for dogs to continue his strengthening.  He liked it so we've continued.  Quincy goes too but doesn't like the water so he watches from the side.  Since they are liter mates they go crazy if they are separated so where one goes the other does too.  Their only separation was when Hammy was at the doggie hospital for a week and that meant Quincy was overly spoiled at our normal vets (Dh and I were both gone on business).  He still panicked but made it through.

Marjorie

happylily

I don't normally post in the dailies, but wanted to share my surprise and joy at how my run this morning went. I ran 8.6 miles yesterday which is a long run for me and I expected to be leg weary today. Since I didn't work late yesterday I was able to join my club group so I had a running partner. I finished our standard 6.3 mile run averaging 10:05 pace, over a minute per mile faster than I've been running my solo easy and long runs.

Excellent, George! Is it too late for you to change your mind about that 10k you had decided not to do? Personally, I think you should go ahead and do it.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Run done.  Good.  More tomorrow.

Zelanie...Definitely better to recover adequately before trying to run another interval, so I'm all for the strategy you employed.  That's awesome that you can do your run on the course - should be a big help.

Step...Nicely done with the 16+.  Stopping is tough no matter what, but when it's cold out those little breaks just seem extra cruel.  It's really hard to get those MP and faster miles in during the winter.

Lily...I enjoyed the book, and the movie as well.  Great job running all those miles on the track.  Don't take this the wrong way, but you'd have made an awesome hamster with your ability to do all your running in one place like that (TM, track, etc.).

AmiK...That's why just getting out there is so worth it...almost always so much better than you're expecting.

Baboon...Nicely done with the pills lol.  I'm sure that kind of thing happens all the time though, and I'm glad that your dog wasn't too adversely affected.  Enjoy the smell of your sweat!

Have a great Saturday everybody.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

Hmmm... Thank you, SIAR? Big grin I'm glad you had a good run. :-)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That's exciting stuff!  It's amazing what dissociating can do sometimes (meaning not really thinking about the pacing and just running and chatting with someone).

Marjorie...those are some co-dependent bassets lol!  I have a hard time picturing their bodies in the water, but I'm glad that Hammy is enjoying it.  Nice job on your morning run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hmmm... Thank you, SIAR? Big grin I'm glad you had a good run. :-)

Yeah, thought I'd throw that out there if you were looking for ideas for the afterlife lol.

StepbyStep-SH

Great news! I find that I really struggle with pace on my winter solo runs, also. Having someone else there just seems to naturally speed me up, without feeling any more difficult.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.