Beginners and Beyond

Oh, the Places You'll Go SaturDAILIES (Read 56 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Excellent, George! Is it too late for you to change your mind about that 10k you had decided not to do? Personally, I think you should go ahead and do it.

Julie, that's tempting but today's run almost qualifies as a steady state run per McMillan. A race tomorrow would mean 3 straight moderate to hard runs. 30-40 years ago I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but I think I need to pass on it this time.

ETA: My day isn't over yet. I'm ready to head to work for a 7-hour shift, not the best preparation for a 10K race being on my feet for 7 hours after a run like today's.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Luke79

2.1 miles @ 10:26 lol.  My first run since 2/17, and it was yuck.  I wanted to test out the knee, it still doesn't feel right but there was definitely no pain.

10 easy this morning with a group I haven't run with in a while. Nice breakfast afterward as well.

happylily

George, I thought the 10k was next week. You're right about skipping it tomorrow. It's too soon. Anything else in your area next week or the one after?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Yeah, thought I'd throw that out there if you were looking for ideas for the afterlife lol.

You're a funny boy, aren't you? Big grin

Docket_Rocket

George, great run!  Hope your day at work goes well.

SIAR is funny.  Even his avis are funny.  The first one he uploaded in RWOL, if I remember, contained his legs.  That was it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

That's exciting stuff!  It's amazing what dissociating can do sometimes (meaning not really thinking about the pacing and just running and chatting with someone).

Marjorie...those are some co-dependent bassets lol!  I have a hard time picturing their bodies in the water, but I'm glad that Hammy is enjoying it.  Nice job on your morning run.

Very co dependent  They think they are the same dog. It is utter panic howling and dialted eyes if they are separated (out to potty is fine and different room in the house as long as they know where the other is).  They have life jackets for dogs.  He gets in the jacket and off he goes.  He chases the ball in the pool a little too.

Marjorie

LRB

I don't normally post in the dailies...

I actually thought you did.  There was an interesting discussion here a week or so ago and I wanted your take on it.  Maybe it will come up again.  Glad your run was good, those are in short supply these days!

Hey Marjorie!  I have been distracted the last couple of days, sorry!

Supp to the rest of the Clique!

Docket_Rocket

It's Cliqué, you know. Joking

I actually thought you did.  There was an interesting discussion here a week or so ago and I wanted your take on it.  Maybe it will come up again.  Glad your run was good, those are in short supply these days!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I'm hanging on... What about you? Have you been ignoring me? :-)

delicate flower

pcliqué.  The P is silent.

<3

LRB

Note to self: Do a drive by the track a day or two before your planned workout!

So I run 3 miles to the track to begin my speed work, only to see it completely covered in rock hard snow!  Being the glass half full guy dumbo that I am, I actually ran a few laps on it.

One word for that; stupid!

The plan was for 6 X 1000's at "I" pace, which for me is 4:12 to 4:16 per 1000, or a 6:40-ish pace.  I begrudgingly scrapped the whole stupid idea after one lap at a 7:08 pace, then actually toyed with the idea of just calling it a day.

I ran slowly away from the school, just trying to figure out what to do, and just picked up the pace to see where it would take me.  I ended up salvaging the day by doing 2 miles at tempo pace, a 1 mile recovery, then another mile at tempo.

It certainly is not the way you run a tempo run, or intervals for that matter.  But given my options under duress, I am not going to belly ache over it.

I ended up with 8.8 miles total for the day, 3.3 of them at a 7:16 average pace.  So all in all it was not what I wanted, but it also was not a bad day.

Docket_Rocket

OK, Django!  You forgot to yell motherf*cker like the movie.Big grin

pcliqué.  The P is silent.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Actually you are both wrong.  It's Click, bahahahaha!

Lily, I haven't done full personals in a while, and even then only do so rarely.  But clique is all inclusive so no, you are not on my pay no mind list...yet.   Wink

Docket_Rocket

At least you pushed some miles.  Sorry about the track.  Still, it's a good workout.

Note to self: Do a drive by the track a day or two before your planned workout!

So I run 3 miles to the track to begin my speed work, only to see it completely covered in rock hard snow!  Being the glass half full guy dumbo that I am, I actually ran a few laps on it.

One word for that; stupid!

The plan was for 6 X 1000's at "I" pace, which for me is 4:12 to 4:16 per 1000, or a 6:40-ish pace.  I begrudgingly scrapped the whole stupid idea after one lap at a 7:08 pace, then actually toyed with the idea of just calling it a day.

I ran slowly away from the school, just trying to figure out what to do, and just picked up the pace to see where it would take me.  I ended up salvaging the day by doing 2 miles at tempo pace, a 1 mile recovery, then another mile at tempo.

It certainly is not the way you run a tempo run, or intervals for that matter.  But given my options under duress, I am not going to belly ache over it.

I ended up with 8.8 miles total for the day, 3.3 of them at a 7:16 average pace.  So all in all it was not what I wanted, but it also was not a bad day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page