Beginners and Beyond

Oh, the Places You'll Go SaturDAILIES (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Mornin' Peeplets!

Oh, wait... Afternoon Peeplets!

Looks like a whole bunch of people are doing some really good runs.

Did 10 miles this morning. 2 easy miles warm up and 2 easy miles cool down and a little 6.2 mile race in between. 53* at the start and then it started raining. I followed this one woman because she had on gloves. I could have taken her. Wink As it was I finished about 10 seconds in front of her.

Time: 45:03 1st AG (it pays to be an old woman) and 10th woman overall. Of course, the timing and the placing of all the women in the 10K was a huge FUBAR so those numbers will probably change. But that's what they called out so I'm taking it.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Your run would've driven me bonkers going from street to street Big grin.  Good job!

To me, 40s is perfect marathon weather.  But for something like today, 50s would do.  And yes, 80F would be cool lately, as I ran on Tuesday in 92F Sad

StepbyStep-SH- Sounds like you have quite the day planned. Nice job on getting those 16+ miles done in the cold. I opted to stay inside and drink coffee until the sun was high in the sky today. I agree stopping during a run just lets the cold sink in. (BTW, I’m typing this now with tingling fingertips left over from my run)

SUSchnauzer-Sounds like you had a good 8 miler yesterday! Enjoy your 3.2 recovery miles today and ordering your new Virratas.

So_Im_a_Runner- You’re on quite the tear on miles lately! Hope those 14 were nice and easy with the running store folks today.

lilac_jive- Hope that leg starts to come around for you.

Baboon- Sorry to hear of the med error with your pup. Sad Good thing you noticed and it sounds like the vet has things under control … I’m sure it’s not the first time they’ve had something like that happen. BTW, if you need some run-induced funk I could mail you a bunch of dirty clothes right now.

LRB- Yep, the same thing every weekend … oh look, it’s sunny outside and warm – nope, let’s just add in double digit winds to make sure you won’t enjoy that time outside. Nice job on improvising the speed work today and making the best of the situation at the track. (BTW, my run was in a cloud-free sunny sky … I'm guessing that all the clouds are blowing into South Carolina by now)

Docket_Rocket- Ahhh, I’m glad you defined nice weather … I figured that you probably meant 80 with 80 percent humidity? Mid 50s would be PERFECT weather for me – that means shorts & tee. Nice job on the early 16.

Zelanie- Good job on the 7 with intervals last night … and toughing out the last ones. Enjoy your easy 5.4 miles today with the pooches.

AprilRunner- Good job on the 10 with your RP … and I hope you had a great time at breakfast together.

AmiK- Kudos for not giving up on the run before it started. I’ve had so many of those kinds of runs where the toughest steps are the first 20 that take you from the front door to the street…after that it just seems to all fall into place.

kristin10185- Zumba doesn’t sound like rest Wink Hope you have a great race tomorrow.

Happylily- Nice pace at the track this morning for the 10 miles … and a couple more cool-down miles for good measure! You’re scary fast lady!

wcrunner2- What a great run! Sometimes things just click when you finally get to run with someone after being stuck running alone for a while.

MarjorieAnn3137- Nice job on finishing the early 10.5 miles and it sounds like you’ve got a couple of spoiled pups there … good for you!

Luke79- Sorry your short run was disappointing, but good news on no pain in the knee!

Fuzzy- Good job on the group 10 miler this morning. Man, that’s the second group run that ended with breakfast this morning for the Dailies … I must run with wrong group.

BasyaSpiliakos- That’s fabulous news that your legs are feeling good … just remember to take it easy still and not push back too soon after the marathon. Enjoy the rest of your time in Israel and I hope you have a safe journey home.

Flarunner- Nice time at your 10k race this morning and AG win to boot!!! I was wondering why I hadn’t seen your post already and now I know. Woohoo!

Dtothe2nd- Mmmmm … coffee AND Girl Scout Cookies! Nice pace on the 15.4! You’re on schedule to knock that HM out of the park!

Well, I did something a bit strange for my planned 8 miles this morning. It was beautifully sunny outside but there was a gusty 10-15 mph north wind so I decided to loop back and forth on the east-west side streets. That started a game for me and I decided to try to run on EVERY block of EVERY street in our neighborhood. I was totally surprised because I still had about a half dozen streets left when I passed the 9 mile mark. In looking at my Garmin map, I would guess there’s another 6-8 miles left of side streets and cul-de-sacs left to do. Now I’m gonna have to plot things out and make sure I run ALL the streets in our town … oh yeah OCD kicking into overdrive right now. Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Flarunner, congratulations! Awesome finish time, plus AG award. Woohoo!

Bruce, what a great way to take inventory of all the homes for sale in the area. Are you real estate agent? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Dinner.  Personals forthcoming.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Flarunner - Congrats on a great race!

Phil - Forget the personals: I want a piece of pizza! No, wait ... I just ate a BIG plate of nachos all by myself. You can keep the pizza.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Hand my a slice, sausage and all.  There are plenty of cats who'll eat the meat I have to take out!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Goodness gracious, 62 posts already!  You get to get here early to keep up!

However, my 'early' this morning was taken by doing my 15th race of 2013 - the UTSA Diploma Dash 5K.  Report and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/c7e91714dfcf4691ab510b0487f73157#focus

After that I came home and napped a bit, lol.  So doubt I will ever catch up today with personals.  So hope everyone is having a great day today!  If not, then hope it all gets good for you sooner than later!

Oh yeah, obligatory 'rub-it-in' San Antonio weather report Wink : Blue, sunny skies, light wind, currently 67 degrees, humidity 23 percent, dew point at 27.  Oh yeah!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

outoftheblue

Baboon -- I very badly want a piece of that pizza.  No fair posting without sharing!

Flatrunner -- Congrats!

Today, I got in a strong run (for me anyways).  14.5 miles on a fairly hilly course at 10:30 mm, with a fast finish of 9:30 mm for the last couple of miles.  I think I pushed the pace because tons of people were out running today and it was just inspiring seeing so many people out there.

Life is good.

happylily

Hand my a slice, sausage and all.  There are plenty of cats who'll eat the meat I have to take out!

Man, I would so eat half of that!!! Meat and all!

Docket_Rocket

I said a slice because I didn't want him to think I have no manners, but I can eat that whole pizza by myself.

Man, I would so eat half of that!!! Meat and all!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

I said a slice because I didn't want him to think I have no manners, but I can eat that whole pizza by myself.

Big grin

delicate flower

It's a pretty big pizza.  I have a hearty appetite and can only eat half.  As far as picking off the sausage, that'd be tough.  It's buried under the cheese, onions, and mushrooms and is crumbled.  Big grin  Besides the dough, this was all stuff I had in the fridge.

<3

LRB

14.5 miles on a fairly hilly course at 10:30 mm, with a fast finish of 9:30 mm for the last couple of miles.  I think I pushed the pace because tons of people were out running today and it was just inspiring seeing so many people out there.

Love those, you must feel awesome!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That's a big pizza Phil, care to share???

RunningAhead just emailed me my planned workout for tomorrow as it does every evening:

Tomorrow
                              Mar

You have scheduled the following workouts for tomorrow

Workout

Workout: Run (Race)
                              Distance: 5 k

Eeek! Definitely didn't need to be reminded, no way I was forgetting!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

3.2 mile @ 8:42 pace recovery run done. I have a 10 miler scheduled for tomorrow.