Beginners and Beyond

Hot Fun in the Summertime SaturDailies (Read 57 times)

Docket_Rocket

Nice job on the run.  Now where is MY coffee???????

Rest day for me.  Still feeling good after my 3 miles yesterday, with no pain in my knee or foot, so I don't want to push it.  I'm going to try for a bit longer tomorrow.

LRB, here ya go, sugar.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

It is definitely not summer time here, but the coffee is almost ready and I plan to spend most of the day hanging out inside in yoga pants and a fleecy top.

DS is recovering - temp almost back down to normal, but we'll still stay home today. I hope to get a few miles in after DH gets back from his trip this evening — "Hi, honey, haven't seen you in 8 days - we'll talk after my run!" smiley-tongue-out

Good luck, Luke, and other racers!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

@runjerseygirl

Kay, how do you like the Brooks vs your previous shoes?  Nice to see you getting past the pain.

I love them.  I honestly was worried because my others were so flexible through the entire shoe.  Come to find out, that may have been part of my problem.  And they have the support I need, without being too cumbersome.  I'll probably run in them a few times before I know 100% if this is the shoe for me, but it looks promising so far. Smile

Do you even run?

LRB

Good luck on your race Luke!

Enjoy the run Tom!

Supp Jay!

Nice run Rob!

SIAR, I am going to channel today's dailies theme to help me get through my run.  You should do the same.

Good luck on your first run back Spark!

You are doing great ma!

Good call on the rest day Kay!

D, where is your coffee?!  lmao!

Shari, it's about freakin time!

Robert31320

Team TJ

I love them.  I honestly was worried because my others were so flexible through the entire shoe.  Come to find out, that may have been part of my problem.  And they have the support I need, without being too cumbersome.  I'll probably run in them a few times before I know 100% if this is the shoe for me, but it looks promising so far. Smile

Nice.  I went through four different shoes before I found one that really works for me.  Good luck with them.

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

Nice job on the run.  Now where is MY coffee???????

Thanks, D.  Here you go, girl. Smile

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Shari, hope DS continues to feel better.

LRB, Angry

That flexibility must have been why you got injured.  You definitely needed support.

Now I'm off to the chiro.  Ciao!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

Morning folks!

flarunner - Good job on the funky 7 this morning already! However, I'm still doubting the thread title ... sure doesn't feel like summertime.

RunTomRun - Ewe ... laundry before the run - can you call that cross training too so it's a double?

Luke79 - Have an awesome race today!!!

Shirfan - Awesome pace in spite of the conditions. Running fast in the winter is TOUGH!

Docket_Rocket - Hope your trip to the chiro goes well and you're feeling fine this afternoon. Good job on the 4!

So_Im_a_Runner - EXACTLY my thoughts on the title! Have a good run with your group - sometimes those are good and sometimes not so good. Here's hoping for a GREAT one for you.

runmomto3boys - Nice job on the 14 last night an hope your recovery 9 are SLOW and most excellent! I know what you mean on those MP miles on Sunday's runs ... I think those are the toughest ones in Pfitz.

Sparker1606- Hope your 2-3 run back feels good after the week. Enjoy!

Robert31320 - Awesome PR for the month with days left!!

LRB - Good choice, coffee makes everything better - good luck on whatever you decide to do. Snow does suck down the speed but I agree, it beats TM time. You could always mix it up and do part outside and then finish up the run with a few on the TM at pace.

KayPS - Ahhhh, coffe! Enjoy the SRD today!

I got in a nice 12 last night and actually got to enjoy some daylight for a change. Of course it was snowing but it felt great to be out with temperatures in the double digits for a change!. I got in some core this morning before taking my lovely DW to work and have 5-6 recovery miles planned this AM with some friends. Tomorrow is LR with MP miles so I need to take it slow today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Yoga today, LR tomorrow...

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone!  I just got in from doing 8.05 with my running group friends.  There was quite a bit more snow to run through, so that made it a little tricky, although the pace was still an easy one.  It was one of those runs where my body feels better after running than it did when I started, which is always a plus.  Also, it felt like it flew by as it feels like it's been a while since I did a run that was just around an hour.

18 mile fartlek run on tap for tomorrow to finish off my third solid week in a row.  Catch up with you all after I get some food.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Just B.S.

flarunner what a tease!!!!!

I did a total of 2 hours 45 minutes in the pool this morning starting at 7:15.

1,500 meters of drills for coached swim.

Then 15 minutes of relaxtion in the hot tub.

Then back to the pool for group water running with an hour of intervals/drills

It's felt much harder than running for 2:45!!!

I going for a nap. BBL

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Flarunner...Nice job on your 7 with the Motown tunes.

RunTom...I've given up on trying to keep the running tights clean.  2 pair for the week, then I was them lol.  I hope the 8-10 turned out well for you.

Luke...I'm surprised you got any sleep as excited as you've been.  I hope the race went well.

Shirfan...Those little spots of clean road can be a real treat huh?  At least you were able to some miles in.  Those lights are insane - hard to believe they're real!

Docket...Have fun getting bent and twisted at the chiro.

RMT3b...sorry you're feeling tired.  Maybe the slower recovery run will perk your legs back up in time for the MP miles tomorrow.  Do you backload your weeks a little because of your schedule with the kids, or is that just kinda coincidence?

Sparker...That's exciting!  Let us know how it felt.

Robert...Congrats on the mileage PR.  You're killing it!

LRB...Snow is definitely the enemy of speed work.  I'm working off pg. 1 here, so I'll see what you did when I get to page 2.

Kay...Nice to see you're feeling better with your running and working back into it smartly too.  Great news about the shoes too.  I've had too many recently that I've loved in the store and hated at home.

Zelanie

Hello dailies!  Good luck to Luke!

I got my 10 miler in last night on a nice clear evening.  Today I am running 5 easy miles and then I can say that I'm back on track with my HM plan!

Today I'm making a cake for my DD's 15th birthday.  Then tomorrow I will assemble it.  It will be an orange layer cake with chocolate ganache and orange cream cheese filling, and sour cream fudge frosting.  Plus I need to learn how to do chocolate curls!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Step...Nice to see that your young one is doing better.  I'm guessing by now your husband is pretty used to the running treatment?

LRB...Since I had good company with me on the run I really didn't even notice the weather.  And, at 22 degrees, it was the warmest run I've had all week!  Hopefully the warm thoughts worked for you.

Bruce...The group run was great for me.  I tend to enjoy all of mine, but I think it's partly because I use them as recovery runs and don't get into any of the trying to push the pace stuff that can sometimes go on.  Do you get to do group runs often?  It looks like you're getting lots of good running in here!  What's your next race on the radar?

Dave...Enjoy the yoga session.

Beth...Awesome job!  That is tough stuff.

Zelanie...yay for being back on the plan!  Enjoy the 5 later, and good luck with the cake baking.  I love anything orange, so that sounds awesome to me.

Zelanie

Oh and here's a kind of funny story.  My DH was asking me last night about my goal to run Boston, and I was like WTF are you talking about, my goal is to run my first HM and it would be silly to plan further ahead than that.

Well my Pfitz book with my HM plan came with this sticky note from the previous owner on the back cover:

DH had apparently been going through the book and found the note, and thought those were my goals.  Of course he's not a runner so he didn't realize those would be a little bit ambitious for me, hehe!  I do wonder if the guy who wrote the note is still running, and how he did.