Beginners and Beyond

Hot Fun in the Summertime SaturDailies (Read 57 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SHIRFAN...thanks. The fartlek portion is just 12x30sec at 3k. Nice run by you today! What's your HMP out of curiosity?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

5 miles done in the dark (10:23 pace - slow), but with a bloody knee to show for it. I ran in the ditch to give an extra wide berth to a car that had stopped in an odd place (sheltered spot between two driveways in a rural subdivision) and ended up tripping on some weeds. I probably would have been fine just running on the road opposite the car, but I guess I'm a bit paranoid at night.

It seems to be mostly surface injuries, though the knee is a bit stiff. I'll take some ibuprofen and assess again in the morning (I ran another 1.5 miles after the fall - couldn't have been too bad).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Sparker - how did you like using the garmin?

i really like seeing at a glance what my pace is, really helped me stay consistent. I was looking forward the the notification at each mile......but unfortunately it wasn't loud enough. I guess all the Loud music I listened to as a kid affected my hearing......

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

SHIRFAN...thanks. The fartlek portion is just 12x30sec at 3k. Nice run by you today! What's your HMP out of curiosity?

6:20ish -- the non-tempo miles were too fast but I wanted to make up a bit for what seems like weeks of slowly slogging through snow.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

6:20ish -- the non-tempo miles were too fast but I wanted to make up a bit for what seems like weeks of slowly slogging through snow.

Gotcha...I was wondering with that average. I've been doing my HMP work between 6:26-6:30 these days. Sadly, my 5k pace isn't really that much faster, unlike yours!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Zelanie

5 miles are done to round out a successful week!

Step- What happened to  hanging out in yoga pants today?  Hope the knee is just scraped!

D- I'm hoping the foot is doing OK for you!

StepbyStep-SH

5 miles are done to round out a successful week!

Step- What happened to  hanging out in yoga pants today?  Hope the knee is just scraped!

D- I'm hoping the foot is doing OK for you!

I did that all day - then went for a run when DH got home from his trip. Based on the results of the run, I probably should have just stuck with the "yoga pants" plan.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Nevrgivup

Hey guys. It was a late one for me today. After working all day, I got my 6 miles in tonight easy paced.

LRB- That looks like a great run. Nice paces and recoveries.

Have a good night all. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

flarunner, awesome speedy seven this morning.

Shirfan, I still can't believe how beautiful it must be where you live.

Robert, congratulations on setting a monthly mileage PR!

Damaris, nice recovery run.

Kay, I hope that you've been enjoying your rest day. I'm glad that your new shoes are working for you.

SIAR, it sounds like you had a great runSmile

Just B.S., you worked really hard today. I hope that you enjoyed some very well-earned rest.

Zelanie, I'm happy that you're back on track with your HM plan. I hope that DD has a very happy fifteenth birthday tomorrow. Great job doing five today.

AprilRunner, great job completing the six-miler. I hope that you're thawed now.

Dave, the cancellation sucks. Kudos to you for running nine, anyway. I hope that you had fun at the party.

Heidi, excellent, solid recovery run and strength work.

Rick, AWESOME job completing the 8.32. You are made of tougher stuff than I.

Scott, I'm glad that you ran so well.

Tom, congratulations on your distance PR for 2013!

BruceD555, bravo for braving that chill and doing your run.

Fuzzy, great job fitting in the ten.

Weezer, yikes! Wonderful job finishing the run, especially with that unforeseen complication.

scottydawg, I wish that I were able to race a much as you. How fun!

scrape., excellent 10.0 with strides.

CrisRuns, sweet run.

outoftheblue, great job finishing fourteen miles in windy conditions.

Ouch, Baboon. I'm glad that you ha fun. Feel well soon.

kristin10185, I'm happy that you enjoyed your yoga class. I hope that that and the new shoes help you recover.

Shari, I hope that the tumble didn't cause serious damage.

Hilary, amazing job doing your run when others would have just called it a day.

I did 3.0 miles at recovery pace on the TM. Five minutes at a 1.5 incline, twenty-two minutes at a 7.0 incline, and the remainder of the 3.0 miles at a 1.5 incline. I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon, which, at times, made me want to vomit, but the run helped a lot.

I've realized that recovery runs bore me. Increasing the incline has been the spice they need.

Good night, everyone!

B-Plus

Hello Satur-nightlies!

Big thumbs up to LRB and Shirfan.

I was really dreading having to do today's run in the evening, so I decided to go out on a dark route to change things up a bit. I ended up with 15.4 miles @ 7:53 with a decent finish.

Time to veg out now.

CrisRuns

Basya, I hope you head feels much better today!