Beginners and Beyond

A Bit Earlier Tuesday Penguins (Read 11 times)

Docket_Rocket

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey hey, Penguins, I'm home!!  Looks like y'all did check in from time to time while I was gone, so that's all good.  Sorry to hear Zel has been sick!!

Conference was good, learned a few things, saw a few folks, all is well.

Came back on Friday to find that our cat was in total renal failure, so we had to let her go.  Not exactly unexpected -- she'd really gone downhill the past few weeks, and she was 18 after all, but it's no fun to say good-bye to a 15-year friend. 

DH had a colonoscopy yesterday, which is why I wasn't around.  Like everybody says, it wasn't as bad as everybody says.

So now I'm back, solving all the problems of the mass spec world, etc etc.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, HopeMom!  Sorry about the car. Sad

I have Pilates and Orange Theory and some outside miles.  Hoping I don't burst on fire.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - welcome back.  I'm sorry about the cat. That's a terrible thing to come home to.

D - can't you use the TM at work?  Oddly, according to the news, it was hotter here than in Miami yesterday, but both were too hot.  OTOH, if you wait long enough, it might not be too bad.  We took Ben for a walk at 8:30, just at sundown, and it was humid, but comfortable.

Z - Sorry you've been sick.  When does your school end? It should be soon, no?

Docket_Rocket

I can't because I have Pilates right after work and that's at home.

Yeah, you are hotter, but we never are hot in temperature; just in heat indexes.  A humid place normally does not get too high temperatures; just heat indexes that are sometimes 20F warmer than the real temps.  Yesterday our heat index got to 100F.  Today, we are cool at 95F.  Temperature right now is 87F (feels like 95 so it's not too humid - dewpoint of only 74, LOL) but we don't really look at real temps for months because it does not tell the whole story.  It was still 92F at 10pm last night; nope. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

We were supposed to get up to a feels like of 100, but I think the clouds cooled things off a bit so it never got quite that bad. Walking Ben this a.m. was hard though. We were all melting.  I did 8 easy on the TM.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.2 easy miles this morning, except I did challenge myself on one long hill on the course I chose.

Feeling lazy, so had 4 donuts for dinner last night.  Those damn donuts 'sat' with me all night long and into part of my run too.  NOT a wise choice to make for dinner, lol.  Felt much better after my run though.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hey hey, Penguins, I'm home!!  Looks like y'all did check in from time to time while I was gone, so that's all good.  Sorry to hear Zel has been sick!!

Conference was good, learned a few things, saw a few folks, all is well.

Came back on Friday to find that our cat was in total renal failure, so we had to let her go.  Not exactly unexpected -- she'd really gone downhill the past few weeks, and she was 18 after all, but it's no fun to say good-bye to a 15-year friend. 

DH had a colonoscopy yesterday, which is why I wasn't around.  Like everybody says, it wasn't as bad as everybody says.

So now I'm back, solving all the problems of the mass spec world, etc etc.  Woo-hoo!!

Yeah, I have to schedule mine for this year.  Lucky me, I get to have one every FOUR years with my history.  The procedure is not so bad...it is the darn prepping that is really crazy...

Sorry about your car...I know what you mean..mine had nearly 200,000 miles on it and I finally had to let it go.  Loved that darn thing, had many adventures with old 'Rover' and it took me to a lot of races!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to say, hope, my husband got really funny after his. Like texting crazy shit while I drove to pick him up.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Scotty - 4 donuts for dinner would really do a number on me.  Even two donuts makes me nauseous, and I love donuts.