Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (NSFW) (Read 52 times)

LRB

Because your coworkers don't want to hear about your stupid running, but we do.

LRB

What up doe.

It looks like the temps here will dip into the 30's this weekend for the first time this season, just in time for the marathon. Nice!

I'm running this morning. You?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6.

Reporting back to the office.  Hoping for no major asthma attacks like yesterday.  I will be there only for 3 hours before my deposition.  Wish me luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

Happy Hump Day!  I will run a few and then .. gasp .. cut grass.  But I'm off to the beach on Friday for a girls' weekend, so I can soak my tired feet internally with sangria.

We also dip into the 30's soon.  Sunday and Monday nights are something like 37.  I love sweatshirt weather!

StepbyStep-SH

36* for my run this morning, and it felt great (both the temps and the run). 6.5 miles that I turned into a progression. The fastest mile still wasn't all that fast, but I think it might be my first  mile under 9:00 since knee surgery.

And it's 66* in my house, but I'm holding off a little longer before turning on the furnace - it's supposed to be sunny today, we have blankets and hoodies, and I might do some baking this evening. We'll get by.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning.

8.3 slow miles.  My legs don't feel like my mileage is way down.  This taper thing confuses my mind and body.

The weather forecast for Saturday is looking great.  Around 40 at the start, high for the afternoon only high 50s/low 60s.  I just hope I am up to taking advantage of the opportunity.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Good morning, snowflakes!  Today's plan (and when I say "plan", I mean what I'll probably go do today) is a swim and run after work.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!

No running for me the last couple of days, been sick.  Still a lil sick, but feeling better today, so I'm gonna do my group workout this evening.  Plus I want to talk to a friend who crushed her first Ironman over the weekend, she went from 59th place after the bike to 35th place (AG) after the run, just awesome.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

You Rang?

Because your coworkers don't want to hear about your stupid running, but we do.

Actually, I think my coworkers care more about my addiction hobby than my spouse.  Maybe like a car wreck.  They don't want to stare but they just can't look away.

Three miles after work, teaching, and the running club meeting.  Yep.  Running at 9:00 pm!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

cjones1

8.3 this morning.  Ran 4 at 10-15 sec faster than my GHMP, whuuuhhh?  Technically it was 5, but I lost 30 seconds or so in the first mile from a standoff with the neighborhood skunk.  The day is coming where I won't see him soon enough.  It's just a matter of time.  Anyhoo, the run was really good, and I needed a confidence builder with only 10 days to go until my race.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Zelanie

Morning!  Tempo again this week.  Maybe it will feel slow after last week's visit to the track?  We will see how the 225 does with the programmed workout!  And I suspect I don't want to see the HR screen towards the end of the tempo segment!

LRB

I ran 8. The splits were much slower than I perceived but I felt pretty good so I'm okay with it.

onemile

Bluerun, my peanut butter arrived last night. It is awesome. I am almost thinking I need more than 4 jars.

onemile

I ran 8. The splits were much slower than I perceived but I felt pretty good so I'm okay with it.

My easy runs have been slower this cycle but I am not going to worry about it (much) because my workouts are going well.

LRB

Bluerun, my peanut butter arrived last night. It is awesome. I am almost thinking I need more than 4 jars.

Is this the powdered peanut butter you are discussing?