Beginners and Beyond

Spring is 73 days away Sundailies (Read 37 times)

Hip Redux

Runs?  Post 'em if you got 'em!  (or complain about the weather)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't wake up at 5am to run because of the predicted thunder showers, flooding, lightning and other Summer-like weather.  It never happened and now it is too hot, so I'll run tonight.  Mother Nature is drunk.

Stay safe, everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I like your thinking!

I am still under the blanket so I do not what I am doing yet or more importantly, where.  I suppose I should get up and go look outside to see what happened overnight.

Just B.S.

Doing the runners happy dance of joy today! It is a warm lovely 18 F here today! Haven't seen temps this warm

In 3 weeks!!!  It has been 12 days of mill running and  the longest I have gone without running outside in my

14 years of running. So so happy to be doing 10 miles outdoors today before the next deep freeze sets in.SmileSmile.

It was feels like of -40 three days ago, this feels like a january heat wave.

happylily

Spring in 73 days, Oski? Here, March is winter still going strong. We often have a huge snow storm the last week of March. Or the first of April. Then April is like November, but with more sun (but wet, cold, dirty, like November). May is really when Spring begins here. So, unofficially, another 115 days before Spring for me. Urgh... 

LR, hoping for 17 miles. Fourth, and last, week of my recovery.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for reminding me than in 73 days my temps should be in the 90s.  What's 10F after all? 

Stay strong (and indoors).  This is only a bad Winter season.  It will pass!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

It's the calm before the storm here. Cloudy, with rain predicted by noon, and falling temperatures throughout the day. Snow tonight, and very cold Monday & Tuesday. Pretty much the same forecast all over the Midwest.

Heading out to the store to stock up on beer in a few minutes. Got to keep the important things around!

Knee feels fairly good today after yesterday's 2.5 mile "run". Baby Steps!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

My house is big enough for whomever wants to come until Tuesday.  Bring cake and alcohol, please.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

It is 28 degrees and the winds are calm.  The snow that fell is really soft so I am going to head out and see how many miles I can run in it.

See ya!

Oski, thank you for starting today's thread.

Damaris, enjoy your run tonight.

Rick, have fun doing whatever you do.

Beth, enjoy your ten-miler outdoors.

Lily, have an awesome seventeen-miler.

Tom, I'm glad that your knee feels OK.

My plan is to do 17.0 miles, starting sometime around 1:00. On the TM. Meh.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am about to go hibernate if this crap doesn't go away. I went ahead and ran 12 miles last night because of all the threats of rain early in the morning......... looked outside at 6:30 and no rain 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yugo18

Good morning!

I had a nice day yesterday where I somehow did not even get on the Internet at all.  Just a nice day around town and then finishing watching Sherlock.

Yesterday, I ran an easy 11 miles.  Drinking coffee now so we shall see what happens today.  My legs are feeling awfully heavy for no perceptible reason.

Happy Sunday, yay!

Ric-G

5 miles this AM....some good football yesterday (from what parts I saw). Let's see what happens today. Have a good Sunday all and sending you some warm weather vibes!

marathon pr - 3:16

StepbyStep-SH

1* when we left for church this morning; -3*, feels like -25* now, and dropping. Joy. Schools here have already been called off for Monday in anticipation of wind chills of -50* to -60* tomorrow morning.

I had planned on 5 miles and a yoga class after church today, but DS was up most of the night and he didn't want to go to the Y. Instead, he came home and climbed right into bed. I'll try to do some yoga here at home later. This gives me a whopping 11 miles for the week, so plans are to overload next week, then mini-taper for Icebreaker. Of course, plans have a tendency to fall through, so we shall see.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

6.1 s-l-o-w miles in about 3 inches of fresh snow this morning, after clearing the driveway. Figured I would get an outdoor run while the goin's good; the big snow dump looks like it's starting as I write this, then the big freeze starts tomorrow. Actually a lot of footprints already there, although half were paw prints -- you may be able to keep the runners indoors, but you cannot stop the dog walkers. I probably needed a slow recovery kind of pace anyway, which is hard to do on the treadmill since I always want that thing to get done as quickly as possible.

54.2 miles for the week, a PB.

Dave