Beginners and Beyond

RBF Thursdailies (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Remember this guy that always has a Resting Bitch Face?  He is heading to the vet for a follow up and he is so happy (this is his happy face, ha):

Working from home today (this is my set up minus the cat but with all the table scratches).  6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I'm a big fan of RBF, myself.  Keeps me looking young.

15 trainer miles this morning -- I didn't have time for anything else pre-bloodletting unless I got up earlier, and that was NOT going to happen because I got to bed way too late last night.  It was worth it, though, because I finally got back to the climbing gym after a couple of weeks off.  We were three instead of two, so we staged a little speed climbing competition on the easiest route we could find since we had someone to play timer!  I am the course record-holder now.

And I learned you can take a vertical panorama shot, which is common sense except I never thought about it.  This was our competition route (red).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, cowboys!  2300 yard masters swim done before work, and a pretty good one.  Wife booked me an appointment with her PT guy Saturday morning to have my leg checked out and I am a little scared.  He is big, strong, muscular guy and uses it on his patients.  I am thinking it's a tendon/muscle issue.  The pain seems to move around from one day to the next.  There is one spot on the top of my calf muscle that hurts like a bastard when I press on it, and I can follow the pain all the way down my leg to the ankle.  So, I am looking forward to telling PT Boy all about that pain so he can proceed to hammer on it and make me cry.

<3

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Easy 8 on tap later and the Wiffy? (like Hubby) will do 8 + some Fartlek. Smile

Blue: Why not black?

Baboon: Hope you get it figured out? Could be a lot of things hopefully not a DVT.

Damaris: Have a good 6 + weights. Smile

onemile

Baboon: Hope you get it figured out? Could be a lot of things hopefully not a DVT.

Or cancer. I hope you don't need it amputated. 

delicate flower

Or cancer. I hope you don't need it amputated. 

This would be Google's diagnosis and course of action.

<3

onemile

This would be Google's diagnosis and course of action.

Dr. Google is never wrong!

LRB

RBF can be a useful tool, even for me. 

LRB

Remember this guy that always has a Resting Bitch Face?  He is heading to the vet for a follow up and he is so happy (this is his happy face, ha):

I need to upload his pic as a template on memegenerator.net, dude could be the new Tarder Sauce (grumpy cat). lol

LRB

I ran 7.3 today. It was 30 with practically no wind so a long sleeve top, gloves and tights was what I wore. Ordinarily, that would be more than ample but for whatever reason I've been freezing to the bone ever since.

It's bar night with the riff raff and rafettes from work tonight and I want beer so I need to warm the hell up!

Docket_Rocket

He looks to have gained weight and looks much better, according to the vet.  She was happy.  Now he is off snoozing on his favorite chair.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Renewing my AlterG warranty and I'm not sure who/what is shedding more tears, me or my bank account.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

I felt similarly (shedding tears, but on the behalf of my bank account) yesterday after I paid for my dog's vet bill. The good news is, she does not have Lyme Disease or heartworm. Her limping is likely just a muscle strain. So after doing blood work, her exam, buying heart worm meds, anti tick stuff (an oral version of Frontguard), I shelled out $500. And I found out she has to have her teeth cleaned, too, so that'll be another $300. Merry Christmas to me!

Running related, it's a SRD here. 

Baboon I had to laugh at your description of PT boy and you crying. I have a massage therapist who makes me cry nearly every time, but I feel amazing afterwards. No pain no gain?

LRB

Renewing my AlterG warranty and I'm not sure who/what is shedding more tears, me or my bank account.

Does the cost outweigh the risk of not having it?