Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Get your groove on. (Read 33 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 41 groovy miles.  Mid 60s make everything better.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning Pleasant! Great day for a ride - glad you got to enjoy some good miles.

I knocked out a big 2 miles last night  Legs are going to be fresh and rested for this race! I'm thinking I may go for 3 this evening, just to push the envelope a little haha.

Hope everyone has a good day of training.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Ran 10.5 humid miles with

3 x (800-600-400-200 @10K->5K /R:1min) 3-5 min between sets.

My legs are heavy and rubbery. Not specifically from this workout, but from the cumulative training. Maybe a RD tomorrow?

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 5 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hola el guapos!  2600 yard swim done before work.  That used to be a long swim.  Now it's a short one.  Bike workout later...indoors vs outdoors depends on the rain probability.  Pedaling into a headwind sure does suck for speed but it makes hitting my power targets a hell of a lot easier (pedaling into a headwind means using more power, and more power means your wattage output is higher).   

<3

Morning Everyone

SAIR- 2mi Nice 

Eric- Thats a serious ladder workout...well done

PR- Cant imagine riding 41 miles before work 

Damaris- Enjoy the pilates/5

Our littlest guy is sick with a fever and was up in the night. DW is taking him to the doc this am while I hang out with our oldest Son. No need to expose another kid to the illnesses going around the doctors office. Managed to get 4mi done while everyone was sleeping this am. 8:47avg. Rain was coming down intermittently and felt really nice.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

RunningOnSand

Sorry to hear about your littlest guy being sick, Jay. It sure is no fun when they aren't doing well. Sad

I ran 6 miles this morning with 4 strides at the end. I actually got up early yesterday and today for running. #likeaboss

KCRuns

Good morning!

Well, nobody showed up for the group run last night, so I went home.  The plan has Monday's as either rest or recovery run, so I just took the rest day, I was tired anyway.

Today was a run commute day. The plan this morning had a fartlek workout: warm up, 15x 1:00 at "slightly faster than 5k effort" with 1:00 recoveries, then cool down.  It's hard to get up to speed, check your pace, make adjustments, etc all within 1 minute.  My first 3 were slow because I was trying to do too many things at once (3rd one looks even slower because I was on a bridge that interferes with the GPS, but the right effort was there).  After that, I just ran them based on effort and didn't look at the watch, and I had much better results.  The remaining reps were all in the zone and maybe even a little too fast.  The workout felt good and now I'm starving, time to go search out some breakfast.

Cyberic

Good morning!

Well, nobody showed up for the group run last night, so I went home.  The plan has Monday's as either rest or recovery run, so I just took the rest day, I was tired anyway.

Today was a run commute day. The plan this morning had a fartlek workout: warm up, 15x 1:00 at "slightly faster than 5k effort" with 1:00 recoveries, then cool down.  It's hard to get up to speed, check your pace, make adjustments, etc all within 1 minute.  My first 3 were slow because I was trying to do too many things at once (3rd one looks even slower because I was on a bridge that interferes with the GPS, but the right effort was there).  After that, I just ran them based on effort and didn't look at the watch, and I had much better results.  The remaining reps were all in the zone and maybe even a little too fast.  The workout felt good and now I'm starving, time to go search out some breakfast.

For 1 minute reps, that's the best way to go, IMO.

LRB

I ran 7 in the rain, my third consecutive such run. It's like I'm a rain magnet lately or something. 💦☔

sdWhiskers

It's been hard to get up in the morning lately. I'm hoping once I'm following an official marathon plan next week that gives me the push I need. I still got out there for 5.2 miles today. It was humid but not as hot or sunny...yet.

sdWhiskers

I ran 7 in the rain, my third consecutive such run. It's like I'm a rain magnet lately or something. 💦☔

I miss running in the rain! We only get a few days of it like Oct-Feb here so I have to wait quite awhile yet.

Runshortii

I ran 7 with 8x400m repeats at 1:40-1:43 with a 200m “float” recovery, which I didn’t even know what that was until onemile mentioned it a few weeks ago. Hit my paces on the 400s, goal on the recovery was 7:45 but I was more around 8-8:10. I actually kind of like the float recovery. It’s a nicer transition than slowing down to snails pace and then speeding back up like I normally do

i got a ninja blender from my bridal shower so I’m all about the recovery breakfast smoothies now.

onemile

I ran 7 with 8x400m repeats at 1:40-1:43 with a 200m “float” recovery, which I didn’t even know what that was until onemile mentioned it a few weeks ago. Hit my paces on the 400s, goal on the recovery was 7:45 but I was more around 8-8:10. I actually kind of like the float recovery. It’s a nicer transition than slowing down to snails pace and then speeding back up like I normally do

I prefer the standard shuffle recovery!

onemile

Sun should be headed your way