Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Where It's Colder Than at the South Pole (Read 54 times)

How cold is it where you are? Here, it's 16F, with a feels-like of -1F.

-13F, feels like -36F, thanks for asking. Warmed up a bit from the -15/-40 last night. Getting ready to hop on the treadmill for 7.

Dave

LRB

-13F, feels like -36F, thanks for asking. Warmed up a bit from the -15/-40 last night. Getting ready to hop on the treadmill for 7.

Ditto, all the way across!

Except that I am going to mix in some intervals and coffee, and yes I brought enough for everyone!

Just B.S.

Our son lives in Ottawa and it actually was colder than the South Pole there last WednesdaySmile

We are  having a bit of a heat wave the last two days with feels like of 1f!.  Had -20 to -40 most of

Last week.

After 4 straight days of running with a swim and two bikes sessions today is a one sport day

With 70 minutes on the trainer.

Stay warm!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

9, "feels like" -22. Awesome. It was 55 yesterday.

I plan on a swim tonight. But I may end up reconsidering if I'm sick of being out in the cold. I am parked far from my apartment, always have to park far from work, then I do Homecare after where I have to park 4 different times often far from each house, and there is no parking by the pool. If I'm an ice cube I may say screw it....but this is the only day I can swim this week.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

-16F, feels like -27. Not pleasant, but normal temperature for around here.

9 miles this afternoon, somewhere between GA and HMP.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

We have 0 degrees with -23 windchill. Not sure what I will do later but it is looking like a UCD - Unscheduled Couch Day!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

DaveP MI, have a great seven-miler.

Beth, have a wonderful workout.

kristin10185, enjoy swimming.

Lily, have fun with the nine miles.

I just finished 6.50 easy miles on the TM in 1:03:46. 9:49 pace. Tonight, I'll return to the gym for sixteen quarter-mile repeats and weights. I can sneak ab work and push-ups into my break.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BRRRRRRR!   Woke up this morning to 24 degrees!  Thought I was back in freakin' Ohio again!  In Boerne, which is the beginning of Texas Hill Country, and only about 30 minutes or so from San Antonio, the temp is 16!  I know these temps are not cold to you 'real winter' folks, but South Texans don't know how to deal with it!  Drivers are speeding along the roads as if they're thinking the faster they go they can beat the cold, crazy idiots.  Crashes all over the place around the city this morning.  I took my time and took the back, less traveled roads to work, and had a nice uneventful drive, thank goodness.

Well, the cold usually does not last long around here, thank goodness.   We will be heating up today to the upper 50s and by tomorrow morning we will be back to normal for us, with a high of near 60 and a 'low' in the morning of 48 degrees.   I plan on getting about 3 - 4 easy miles in after work today, probably on some trails in one of the many available local parks I have to run in.  No running on the Riverwalk, though, for about a week or so.  The yearly 'draining and cleaning' of the San Antonio Riverwalk is underway, so all the paths there are closed till that is completed.  It's pretty amazing, and sometimes downright funny, what odd things the folks find that was below the water after the river is drained.  And sad too...people throwing stuff in the river, how rude.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It is possible to be sweaty outside in a feels like of -22 degrees. I went a little overboard on the layers. I didn't even turn the heat on in my car because I was too sweaty and hot. Lol. Oops.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I will pass on the coffee, LRB.   However, I am enjoying my hot chocolate.

Dang, you folks have some really crazy cold weather!   Please stay safe, everyone!

Wow, Beth, colder than the South Pole, that is nuts!  Note to self: visit Canada ONLY in the summer.  Hope your trainer session went well.  Umm, does your trainer mind you exercising on him for 70 minutes? 

Kristin, I'm surprised your doc did not give you one of those temporary 'disabled' placards, with your foot, to use until your foot is back, to 100%.  You might ask him/her about it.   Well, at least you layered well, lol.

to the gym for sixteen quarter-mile repeats

Wow, Basya, that sounds like it takes...a lot of patience!

-23!   Dang, Gustav, I'd be sitting on the couch too!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

-16F, feels like -27. Not pleasant, but normal temperature for around here.

9 miles this afternoon, somewhere between GA and HMP.

But not outside in those temps, I hope!   Dang, lily....you'd be a human popsicle in minutes!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Miami is in an uproar because it was 50F at 7am.  Ha.  7 recovery miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Had fun digging my car out this morning after it got stuck at the bottom of the driveway, halfway in the street, in the pile of snow from the plow. The stuff really got packed underneath there. Car thermometer: -14F. Serious PITA.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

A disabled placard wouldn't help me there are no spots for people with disabilities reserved on the streets of brooklyn Sad