Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Retirment Week. Long Live the Penguins (Read 13 times)

PADRunner

Well it looks like it may be time for the Penguin Daily thread to retire.  It's been fun!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 20 yesterday and it went well.  Last time I ran 20 was a few days before I tore my meniscus so it was nice to see this mileage back.  I have 4 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - It's great that you can do the long runs again without pain.  Enjoy your easy recovery tonight.

PAD - I haven't been running, thanks to a very bad cold, so haven't posted much lately.  I don't know about everybody else.  I think everybody but HopesMom has migrated to the main group or dropped out entirely.  I'd be sorry to lose the Penguins, but it does get lonely here.

AFM:  I did a short run today, taking advantage of the last of the cool weather before summer heat sets in.  I'm still feeling my chest cold, so I kept the pace easy and was doing well for the first three miles, then struggled a bit for the last 2.6.  I didn't bring water, which didn't help.  I hadn't realized how much the coughing and sneezing has dehydrated me.

PADRunner

5 yesterday 10 today will see about tomorrow.

So where have all the penguins gone? Come back and join in this week for the Penguin retirement party.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, sorry PAD!!  I didn't realize you were starting a week-long thread, so I started a Tuesday thread.  But according to Docket, the Penguins will never retire! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.