Beginners and Beyond

Snowy WednesDAILIES (Read 22 times)

Cyberic

After the rain, and the cold, we've had snow last night and some is still lightly falling.

With the very slippery surface underneath, that might make the mountain difficult to run on. Hmmm... I'm afraid I might screw up on my footwear choice this morning.

Oh, and GOOD MORNING!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Working out of the office today as I have a deposition by video to conduct and I need to pack because they are going to move us into the courthouse in the summer.

RD for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hiya pals!!  2500 yard swim done.  I've got some intervals to run later, which I have not done in what feels like years.

I've got 15.5 hours of meetings on my work calendar the next two days.  Some of them are double booked, so I do have a few open slots still, although there is always a chance those will fill up.  Cripes. 

Oh, and GOOD MORNING!

That's how it's done, Chuckles!

<3

onemile

I've got 15.5 hours of meetings on my work calendar the next two days.  Some of them are double booked, so I do have a few open slots still, although there is always a chance those will fill up.  Cripes. 

I would fill up all the empty slots with fake meetings but that's just me. I had 4 meetings yesterday and that was too many.

LRB

Morning! Working out of the office today as I have a deposition by video to conduct and I need to pack because they are going to move us into the courthouse in the summer.

RD for me.

How has that gone? Do you lose the ability to sense when someone is lying or does the screen turn red automatically when they're lying?

2.5 stream grade; mostly slightly elevated the rest slow. My stride length has gone from feet to nanometers, so my little workday runs will be stretch the leg days

Cyberic

How has that gone? Do you lose the ability to sense when someone is lying or does the screen turn red automatically when they're lying?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

And add Majel Barret's voice saying "Incorrect."

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

LRB

And add Majel Barret's voice saying "Incorrect."

A legend.

LRB

I ran 6.

I'm off work today so the silence is nice.

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 12 x 400 at 5k-10k pace. I ran with my watch but didn't look at pace during the workout. Wind was somehow always in my face.

Supposed to rain all day but it was perfectly sunny during my run, not a cloud in the sky. I took a shower, got out and now its all dark outside.

sdWhiskers

I would fill up all the empty slots with fake meetings but that's just me.

Yes, I do this too. I've also gotten better about declining unnecessary meetings.

9 miles with 6x1000m. My workouts have been mostly pretty rough since re-starting a month or so ago, but today I finally felt a bit of a breakthrough. I hadn't been able to get any pace less than 6:45 or so, at best, and sometimes only that in the later reps. Today felt smoother than it's been; the rep paces: 6:43, 6:44, 6:39, 6:34, 6:33, and the final one crushed at 6:19. Booyah!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Bahaha, that would be great, especially if they can add a buzzer.

It's by zoom so we can see each other pretty well. The only one that I ended up going after was the only one that wouldn't turn on her camera. Coincidence? I think not.

But I had a pretty unsophisticated debtor on camera even ahead of time reading the exhibits via zoom no problem from his living room. I wish we can do these more often post covid. I am sure everybody prefers not to come here and see the seal of the DOJ, and be scared to death.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

My speed work shifted today from shorter/faster distances to longer and somewhat slower (but still faster than HM pace) distances.  6 x 1 mile with 400m recoveries.  Tough work and I could feel my stride faltering at the end (and could even hear a change in the way my feet were hitting the track), but that's good practice for that last 1 - 2 miles of a half marathon.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12