Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Mondailies, lost in the wilderness!! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's Marooned Without a Compass Day, so head out there, find someplace new, get a little lost, and have fun!!  Except me, because I don't like being lost and want my GPS.

But this day made more sense than ... wait, I have to copy the title ... "International Day For Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict".

Yeah.  How about we just protect the environment every day?  As opposed to exploiting it every day, like now?

Anyway ...

My weekend was lovely, I was VERY glad for that extra hour of sleep Saturday night, and now I'm back at it.  How about y'all?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles and weights tonight.

HopesMom, I don't want to be lost!  Glad you had a nice weekend.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I've been lost in the wilderness. It can be fun, if you have enough food and some idea where to go, but I prefer to stay found if possible.

HM - I'm glad you enjoyed your busy weekend.

D  - enjoy your evening routine.

Interesting 6 mile run. It was sprinkling when I headed out, but that stopped at around 2 miles, then the sun came out for my last mile. It was warm enough I didn't really care if I got wet (68) and humid enough I was wet from sweat as much as rain.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Have now complete 76 races for the year, with my 5K this past Saturday.  All time high for me for races completed during 1 year.  However, since there are still a couple months to go, not sure what my year-end high will be.   Probably around 80-something.  December I am pretty much going to chill.  I have a liver biopsy the first week of the month and can't run after that for 2 weeks.

Got in my 'long' run yesterday at Fort Sam - 5.1 miles.  About 6 miles is as far as I can run these days, since anything over that, my darn spinal arthritis starts acting up.  It's all good, though, just happy I can run anything.     After my run, I then did my weight training circuit at the fitness center.  Today is a rest day, as I'm now feeling all that a bit.

Sad news...after I finished my run/walk, saw the news on TV about the shooting at the church in Sutherland Springs, TX.  Just awful.  That is near La Vernia, TX, which is only about 45 minutes or so from San Antonio, have run in both towns; very friendly people and nice area.  What a tragedy, my heart goes out to those folks, and especially the ones that lost their children.   What the hell is wrong with people...doing something like this...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt