Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are hopefully weather stalking day (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Come on, Boston runners, what's Patriot's Monday gonna be like, and how will it affect your race?

Cyberic

I will run to and from work today. Very exciting.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 4 hard miles in the rain.  I had my run days in for the week, but I just couldn't make myself get on the trainer, or ride in chilly rain.  I'm going out to the garage in a few minutes to take my old bike off the trainer, and load it into the car.  I'm declaring trainer season over, so it's going to the shop get a few dollars worth of TLC.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning lmao.  I did a very easy 2600 yards in the pool before work, and have a very easy 4 mile run to do tonight.  I've got a "race" tomorrow so today will be all easy.

Come on, Boston runners, what's Patriot's Monday gonna be like, and how will it affect your race?

Are you mocking us?  I kind of feel like we are being mocked.  DO NOT TAUNT HIGH STRUNG TAPERERS!

<3

Cyberic

Are you mocking us?  I kind of feel like we are being mocked.  DO NOT TAUNT HIGH STRUNG TAPERERS!

Only half mocking. I would definitely start looking, 10 days out like this. I actually have looked for you this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I took today off work and have Pilates and 12 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Only half mocking. I would definitely start looking, 10 days out like this. I actually have looked for you this morning.

At this point you can probably trust the weather trend is going to be fairly accurate, and that looks promising.  No unusual cold or heat on the radar.

<3

Cyberic

At this point you can probably trust the weather trend is going to be fairly accurate, and that looks promising.  No unusual cold or heat on the radar.

I think so.

Docket_Rocket

I've never run a marathon that reflects the forecast that I saw 10 days out.  You can't really trust some cities weather looking at the forecast the night before, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

You can't really trust some cities weather looking at the forecast the night before, ha.

I think you might be exaggerating, juuuuust a tiny bit there. 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As long as we're weather stalking:

The weather for Whiskey Basin 33k, April 13th in Prescott, AZ, and the Grand Canyon (post-race hiking) looks good for racing, low of 34 at the start with a high of 57.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

I think you might be exaggerating, juuuuust a tiny bit there. 

Not really....

Especially concerning thunderstorms and rain.  Ask the people running the Star Wars 5K this morning.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Not really....

Especially concerning thunderstorms and rain.  Ask the people running the Star Wars 5K this morning.

We're talking about the trending forecast, not race time specifics here.  In this neck of the woods, if there is a cold or hot weather pattern forming, they'd see it at this point.

<3

delicate flower

As long as we're weather stalking:

The weather for Whiskey Basin 33k, April 13th in Prescott, AZ, and the Grand Canyon (post-race hiking) looks good for racing, low of 34 at the start with a high of 57.

I don't know much about Grand Canyon weather, but this seems just about perfect for racing in Arizona.  Probably dryer than hell, too.

<3

onemile

We're talking about the trending forecast, not race time specifics here.  In this neck of the woods, if there is a cold or hot weather pattern forming, they'd see it at this point.

Looks like you are getting a unicorn