Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins - Testing - 1,2,3 (Read 21 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Dad on the run.

Hey penguins! Just laying in bed watching NYC marathon Smile Race report is up as well for anyone who wished to read it.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning!  We're still in Indy waiting for Harry & Izzy's to open for their world famous shrimp cocktail and a bloody mary!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

5 miles this morning. Shin felt better Smile still feel a little tightness when I push off though Sad Got up before sunrise to see the solar eclipse but it was too cloudy Sad 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This week I did my 60th, 61st and 62nd races of 2013.  Two of them were on Saturday, one in the morning and one in the evening.

Hocus Pocus 5K on Halloween Night  - report and photos: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/f571fcbdfac44836aae9cfbbdc200e8b/resume#focus

Wurst 5-Mile Run on Saturday, Nov 2 - report and photos: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/b4ab78b1d6c442e0a6138b3f71116d84/resume#focus

Day of the Dead 5K, Saturday evening, Nov 2 - report and photos: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/3b3ec987ea304efab06189d0061a3981/resume#focus

Today is a rest day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Good Sunday morning everyone!

Kristin-- at least you got up and ran today!  Good job on the miles.

Hi Jimmy, Awood, and Scotty!  Enjoy your rest today!

Today is my RD also.  We were going to do a wine tour, but haven't decided for sure yet.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

obiebyke

My knee feels fine this morning after 5 yesterday. Woohoo! Watching NYC. Women's is over, men are on their way in. Football birthday party for a friend today. RD. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

JBJ: Nice RR.

Awood: "A" Bloody Mary?

Kristin: Glad the shin is better. At my age, rest does me wonders.

Scotty: Three races? ANIMAL!!!

She Can: Sounds fun, though I would rather go on a beer tour. Wink

Obie: Sounds like a fun day ahead.

As for me, I just ran 18 w 14@GMP. It went well. Total time was 2:21 for an average pace of 7:50. For the 14 in the middle I was around 7:35. Now, I am tired. I will spend my day doing laundry, reading the paper in my chair, football or soccer on the tv, taking DD to a b-day party, and later, beer. DW is off with her sister taking care of some messy family stuff.

Have a good day.

SheCan

As for me, I just ran 18 w 14@GMP. It went well. Total time was 2:21 for an average pace of 7:50. For the 14 in the middle I was around 7:35. 

Holey freakin' smokes!  I don't even run that fast in my fantasies.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Holey freakin' smokes!  I don't even run that fast in my fantasies.

Yes you do, you run faster!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

15 mile PR, with DW.  Felt good.  Walked about 3/4 mile total over 3 breaks and 1 food/potty stop.  11:24 pace with walks.  Really nice day, but leaves were a pain in some parts.

Ready for the HM in Nashville.

hog4life

Jerry, nice run this morning.

Scotty, congrats on another good racing weekend.

15 mile LR in the book, and it was really hard after yesterday's 12.8

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on another Marathon, Docket. Smile

Zelanie

Damn, this is the weekend to run 15.  Nice work, Jerry and Mitch!  And Mitch's LR was the day after two races, jeez!

Damaris- Looks like congratulations are in order for you, too! Smile

Gustav- Hiya!

Jimmy- Enjoy the RD!

Awood- Hope you two enjoy your day!  You've both earned it!

kristin- Glad you were able to get a run in.

Scotty- Nice running this week!

Cherie- Enjoy the RD, whatever you decide to do.

obie- Glad the knee is feeling good!  Enjoy the party!

Jack- You are a beast!  I don't know if trying to throw in MP miles was what sunk me last week or not, but I have a new appreciation for the focus that it takes to combine long runs with any sort of MP miles.

As for me, I ran 6 today, and felt really good.  I wore a pair of shoes that don't have that many miles on them, but have started to feel kind of dead lately.  So today they have redeemed themselves and earned their way back into the regular rotation.  Once nice thing about a Friday LR is that it leaves the weekend more open.  I've been able to spend more time with DH this weekend, which has been nice. Smile  We got a walk in already, and will probably watch Argo later.

hog4life

Damn, this is the weekend to run 15.  Nice work, Jerry and Mitch!  And Mitch's LR was the day after two races, jeez!

Damaris- Looks like congratulations are in order for you, too! Smile

Gustav- Hiya!

Jimmy- Enjoy the RD!

Awood- Hope you two enjoy your day!  You've both earned it!

kristin- Glad you were able to get a run in.

Scotty- Nice running this week!

Cherie- Enjoy the RD, whatever you decide to do.

obie- Glad the knee is feeling good!  Enjoy the party!

Jack- You are a beast!  I don't know if trying to throw in MP miles was what sunk me last week or not, but I have a new appreciation for the focus that it takes to combine long runs with any sort of MP miles.

As for me, I ran 6 today, and felt really good.  I wore a pair of shoes that don't have that many miles on them, but have started to feel kind of dead lately.  So today they have redeemed themselves and earned their way back into the regular rotation.  Once nice thing about a Friday LR is that it leaved the weekend more open.  I've been able to spend more time with DH this weekend, which has been nice. Smile  We got a walk in already, and will probably watch Argo later.

Haha, it hurt like you know what! Not a pretty sight, but it was miles on my feet.

Hey, wanna see some shoes? I'll be back in a few. I wore them today for my run, they felt good, until I started dragging.