Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: Take Two (Read 34 times)

LRB

Good morning.

With the holidays and subsequent disruption in schedules, January seems to be plodding along. I suppose that makes sense though as it is one of the more depressing months of the 12, at least here anyway, where it is dark and cold.

Things might be looking up however as a warm front is moving through. As it is, I'll be looking to get back into rhythm this week both at work and with running. Taking a rest day today then climbing back into the saddle tomorrow.

You?

Cyberic

Back to work this morning. It sucks to take a rest day from running, as I am on a good stretch right now, but if you want to go far, you need to spare your mount.

on my way to badass

Good morning peeps!

Swimming for me today.  This will be my first time in the pool since swim lessons last year.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I go back to work today as well. (One week scheduled one week layoff). I'm sad to have to return because I'm still not healed 100 percent from the sciatica it gave me before shutdown. Hopefully there will be no major flare up because my running suffered enough from it.

5 miles recovery run somewhere today. Recovery?  From what long run?  Lol. Silly coach. At least he's mindful of the sciatica. But i will behave.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

No more marathons

I also have 5 easy (with 6 100 meter strides) on tap.

Temp will be low 20's at noon.  Layer up, baby, layer up.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good damn morning!

I ran 5 in the dark.  It was in the low 20s, and I had a most excellent time.  That's the longest run for me since Oct 15th, and my optimism could easily overcome my good sense right now Smile.

You know you will be having a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

It was nice to start the year off with a strong week of running, my biggest goal this year is to stay consistent with my mileage.

Had a great snow run on Saturday, awesome workout, you work all of your stabilizers. Yesterday was mostly clear, just a few icy patches.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

'Morning.  It's a cold one out there today...close to zero degrees.  I hit the pool early for a 2200 yard swim.  Recovery jog to do after work as well.  I'm very sleepy this morning....

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 and weights tonight.

Lori, hoping the sciatica behaves.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I go back to work today as well. (One week scheduled one week layoff). I'm sad to have to return because I'm still not healed 100 percent from the sciatica it gave me before shutdown. Hopefully there will be no major flare up because my running suffered enough from it.

Many of us have dealt with that, and most have overcome it. For me, it involved extending my right leg as much as possible while driving (I had it on the right side), taking it out of the half bent position it was in for an hour a day, something I never thought much about. I also began extending both legs while seated, stood up at my desk as much as possible and took walk breaks. Changing the way you sit at work or home, and even replacing the chair you sit in most can also help.

The pain seems to emanate from deep within the glutes, and is sometimes the result of having our legs bent at a 90 degree angle all day long, running exacerbates it (shortening of the hamstrings). I started doing leg swings to loosen dat ass up and along with the other stuff it magically went away. That you felt relief while off suggests it is something you're doing (or not doing) at work, so I would be mindful of this during your day.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Many of us have dealt with that, and most have overcome it. For me, it involved extending my right leg as much as possible while driving (I had it on the right side), taking it out of the half bent position it was in for an hour a day, something I never thought much about. I also began extending both legs while seated, stood up at my desk as much as possible and took walk breaks. Changing the way you sit at work or home, and even replacing the chair you sit in most can also help.

The pain seems to emanate from deep within the glutes, and is sometimes the result of having our legs bent at a 90 degree angle all day long, running exacerbates it (shortening of the hamstrings). I started doing leg swings to loosen dat ass up and along with the other stuff it magically went away. That you felt relief while off suggests it is something you're doing (or not doing) at work, so I would be mindful of this during your day.

I work on the assembly line so it is likely from bending and twisting.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

I work on the assembly line so it is likely from bending and twisting.

I developed a sharp pain in the hip while doing dumbbell rows a million years ago. I stopped doing them and it went away. Unfortunately, it's not that easy for you.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I developed a sharp pain in the hip while doing dumbbell rows a million years ago. I stopped doing them and it went away. Unfortunately, it's not that easy for you.

Lol.  Not for another 10 years and one month.

As soon as I'm able I'm going to attempt to post on another job. Hopefully one that's easier or at worst abuses a different body part. My seniority still stinks even at 20 years. Engineers really added a lot of work to the jobs over the years while eliminating positions. Not unlike many other employers.

Lori

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Getting old sucks

Lori

SRD

Dave