Beginners and Beyond

Wakeful Wednesday Penguins (Read 17 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

An early day for me, but what about the rest of you?

I'll probably do 3-5 later.  Yesterday I did today's 5 mile MP run, so maybe today I'll do yesterday's easy run. (I'm following HH's post-marathon recovery plan.)

URD for me. Gimping around with a youchy groin. Been one week out and thinking about heading to the Doc.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I woke up with a sore throat.  Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  I'll do something medium longish (6-8?) today because it is the lowest pollen count day of the week and it is relatively cool and overcast.  Finishing up my coffee and then I'll head out the door =D

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Since I had quartet rehearsal last night, I'm convinced that today must be Thursday.  So I'm going to be wrong all day, but it's ok.  I'll be pleasantly surprised when I go home tonight and I don't have to go anywhere!!  My pulled butt muscle is much better -- I was able to do all of my PT exercises except one (the one I think I pulled it on in the first place).  I was only able to do one set of 10 of those, not 2 sets.  It's all good, I'll get back there.

Ginny -- Enjoy your 3-5 easy!!

Kathleen -- sorry to hear about your ouchie!!  Definitely head to the doc if it's been a week already.

Docket -- sorry about the sore throat!!  Maybe Pilates will fix it?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

sapf -- woo-hoo for your low pollen count!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I will do some core work today when I get home. I kind of want to run but I think my knee could use a bit more rest.  I posted a RR on my marathon but it turned out to be a short book. Sorry about that. I write like I talk and sometimes I like to chat with people. Smile

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jill, I hope you get some good miles in on the low pollen day!

Ginny, have a nice easy run.

Damaris, hope your sore throat doesn't turn into anything bad. Sad

HopesMom - glad the butt is better. Smile

Kathleen, sorry about your injury, hope you get it figured out soon.

Jack, great RR.  No worries on the length.  I like to read them!

I ran an early 4.6 this morning.  Had to be back in time to get a latte from Starbucks for my dd, whose birthday is today.  She'll be at her internship all day and then we'll all go out to celebrate tonight.  She's 22.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Penguins!!  Since I had quartet rehearsal last night, I'm convinced that today must be Thursday.  So I'm going to be wrong all day, but it's ok.  I'll be pleasantly surprised when I go home tonight and I don't have to go anywhere!!  My pulled butt muscle is much better -- I was able to do all of my PT exercises except one (the one I think I pulled it on in the first place).  I was only able to do one set of 10 of those, not 2 sets.  It's all good, I'll get back there.

Ginny -- Enjoy your 3-5 easy!!

Kathleen -- sorry to hear about your ouchie!!  Definitely head to the doc if it's been a week already.

Docket -- sorry about the sore throat!!  Maybe Pilates will fix it?

I wish.  I am wishing it was Thursday as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Amazonian Princess

Happy Wednesday!

(From yesterday)

Brilliant - I did the 2 Cities Clovis Half last year and my (probably overreaching) thought was to do the Fresno Half this year so if I want to try the marathon in 2016, then I'll know what the route is like. I think I overthink sometimes  Happy b-day to DD!

Ginny - The training group ("Red Power Divas") started with 60 people in 2007 and has had over 1600 members (includes husbands "Divos" and children "Fit Kids"). There was an article about them in RW last year so they may get even more members! I was worried they'd take a look at my size and say "Walker" but they're having one mile time trials on Saturday to put us into pace groups, so hoping I do okay.

TM and stationary bike after work today, unless I get to the gym early enough to join the BodyPump class.

Have a great day!

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5.5 easy miles.  RD yesterday didn't help the quads much.  Maybe I should take 2 RD's after a race.

Ginny - You are a gem. I picked up your suggestion and will call my Doctor tomorrow. I was worried about a sfx. It "feels" like bone. I appreciate your advice very much.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.  3.3 evening miles for me.  Just couldn't drag my butt out of be this morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.