Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #61 (Read 32 times)

bluerun

Super B****

It's been a while since I've had to go to a race via public transportation... I may actually die from the cold before the race even starts, and if I don't, I will be overdressed. Ah well.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Good luck blue

3 on the incline/decline if  accotink access road, modest left and right road crown

LRB

This is link to a runner I follow on Strava who took a DNF after 21 miles in Atlanta yesterday. Underneath his are the splits to several other of the runners who were there.

onemile

We're supposed to get up into the 50's today.  March coming in like a lamb and the next couple weeks look amazing

Docket_Rocket

We will be in the 50s as well and I have 15 with 6 @ MP, so looking forward to the shorts and tank!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Was fairly cold still this morning on my run. Weather will warm up tomorrow around here.

Ran for 2 hours, or so, with approx 5 miles at the end of picking up the pace to maybe 7:25-7:30 mpm ish.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

18 miles done this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

This is link to a runner I follow on Strava who took a DNF after 21 miles in Atlanta yesterday. Underneath his are the splits to several other of the runners who were there.

For those who know Ryan Root, who’s on RA and has been in the miles game, he finished at 2:24. Probably a disappointment for him as he has a 2:16 PR; had a pretty noticeable fade. His comment on Strava: “Holy f*ck. That hurt.” But of course all these guys are crazy impressive.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3142765027/overview

Dave

sdWhiskers

7 miles by the beach. Super windy.

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah... you know how people say not looking at your watch makes you run faster? Not true for me! Though I suppose I knew I wasn't running 5K pace -- it didn't feel like it -- but I just didn't care. I'm only a little annoyed because I ran two seconds slower than last year. On the plus side, last year I was really trying.

I need to not run short races in cold weather. I just can't do it. It's not so bad in the longer races because once I warm up I can get some of that time back, but a 5K is too short for me to get warm at all. So I ran the 16 miles home.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

5 slow recovery miles. 
                        66 for the week.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

For those who know Ryan Root, who’s on RA and has been in the miles game, he finished at 2:24. Probably a disappointment for him as he has a 2:16 PR; had a pretty noticeable fade. His comment on Strava: “Holy f*ck. That hurt.” But of course all these guys are crazy impressive.

That was also a super hilly course and windy too.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

I got my Ryans mixed up, and initially thought LRB was talking about Ryan Root (whom I also follow) and by looking at RR's splits, I couldn't figure out the DNF. LOL.  I heard that course was really hard, and windy.

It's 45* and sunny here in MN, and everybody's outside and in a fabulous mood. My achilles doesn't feel like total shiz today (win!), after yesterday's run, so I'm considering doing a slow SHORT run today. We'll see.

RunningOnSand

That was also a super hilly course and windy too.

Oops, didn't see this. Yes.

LRB

We're supposed to get up into the 50's today.  March coming in like a lamb and the next couple weeks look amazing

Of all the possible running attire combos, shorts and a long sleeve tech is my all time favorite for jogging. That would be about 45 degrees in the morning. If I could get a week or two of that, color me peachy.