Beginners and Beyond

Holiday MonDailies (Read 20 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Upcoming- (pup permitting for the most part)

01/05 Baboon - Disney 5K

01/06 Baboon - Disney 10K

01/07 Baboon - Disney HM

01/07 Frederick - Winter Trail Series #3 10k

01/08 Baboon - Disney Marathon

5 miles easy for me today.  Tomorrow will be the first track workout of this training cycle that won't be done in sub-freezing temperatures (5th one overall).  What will I wear?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Howdy. So I’d really like to race a strong half this spring, in the leadup to the Eugene Marathon (4/30). I think my PR is ripe for the taking. I had the two below on my schedule as options, on 3/4 and 4/2 respectively. However I’m not crazy about the elevation profile of either one. Last night I found one on 3/25 that I hadn’t heard of (because it’s tiny) and hadn’t come up in my searches (because it’s 1.5 hrs away). But it looks pancake flat. No elevation chart to post because the course map on their website is sort of a handmade diagram, lol. I sometimes worry about races that are too small being poorly organized, but seems to have a reliable race company behind it, plus they’ve been running it for 40 years. Bonus: it’s $35.  So that might be the goal race. My running group is supplying pacers to the other two, so I might end up pacing one or both of those. 

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!!  8 more days left in my weekend.  I ran 5 pretty good miles on the track this morning.  Bike workout later.

Fred, I am a GO for the Dopey.

But it looks pancake flat. No elevation chart to post because the course map on their website is sort of a handmade diagram, lol. I sometimes worry about races that are too small being poorly organized, but seems to have a reliable race company behind it, plus they’ve been running it for 40 years. Bonus: it’s $35.  So that might be the goal race. 

This is where Strava can come in handy, if the race has past results posted online (you can find elevation, actual distance, and hopefully notes and comments from people).  Post the name of the race or send me via PM and I'd be happy to track it down on Strava for you. 

<3

This is where Strava can come in handy, if the race has past results posted online (you can find elevation, actual distance, and hopefully notes and comments from people).  Post the name of the race or send me via PM and I'd be happy to track it down on Strava for you. 

Thanks! I thought about that, but I think my free Strava account does not allow it. The other good thing to check is whether it’s a legit 13.1 distance. It’s the Honeywagon Runs in Everson, WA (they have 4 mile & HM options).

Dave

delicate flower

Thanks! I thought about that, but I think my free Strava account does not allow it. The other good thing to check is whether it’s a legit 13.1 distance. It’s the Honeywagon Runs in Everson, WA (they have 4 mile & HM options).

https://www.strava.com/activities/6887046794

Looks like a legit 13.1 and indeed pretty flat with about 150' of elevation gain.  You can click on the other runners in this activity for comparison.  If I was thinking about doing this race and saw this Strava data, it'd make me want to run it.

<3

sdWhiskers

6 miles + 20 min strength. My last day of vacation, sad. We're heading to the movies to see what I'm sure is at the top of everyone's list: Puss in Boots.

Dave- ask around in your Running Group to see if anyone has run it? I like flat HMs.

sdWhiskers

And my run hasn't shown up in RA. It took over 30 min to hit Strava. New Year, same broken software 

https://www.strava.com/activities/6887046794

Looks like a legit 13.1 and indeed pretty flat with about 150' of elevation gain.  You can click on the other runners in this activity for comparison.  If I was thinking about doing this race and saw this Strava data, it'd make me want to run it.

Thanks! It looks like a winner. It’s 5 weeks before Eugene. Now all I need to do is start training. 

And my run hasn't shown up in RA. It took over 30 min to hit Strava. New Year, same broken software 

Worked for me. I guess if it took that long to get to Strava, it might not necessarily be an RA problem. Although I feel like at some point this site is just going to crash irreparably. I will be very, very sad to lose this log. Oh yeah I’ll miss you guys too.

Dave

We're heading to the movies to see what I'm sure is at the top of everyone's list: Puss in Boots.

Thoughts and prayers.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

RD. Finally saw Avatar. Worth the wait!

with Trixie at the vet now. She has been so weird all weekend, not sleeping with us, withdrawn. Even her meow is different.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

After the Big Ten lost both semifinal games, my Illini kept the losing going earlier today, and Purdue is currently down 49-7 in the 4th. Whiskers - is Penn State going to break the string this afternoon?

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 6 x 5 minutes HM effort.

sdWhiskers

Thoughts and prayers.

Hey now! It was actually funny and super cute, of course.  Although the action scenes were animated weirdly, more like comic books or something...not sure if it was an artistic decision or cost cutting.  Super Mario is out in April.

sdWhiskers

7 with 6 x 5 minutes HM effort.

Have your workouts been better lately?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Have your workouts been better lately?

I think so, but this go-round was different from last year. I never felt truly awful with short intervals (apparently this isn't uncommon) this time. I am rechecking my ferritin on Friday. I noticed a pretty quick improvement from leg cramping that had been near constant in the fall, especially when trying to sleep.