Beginners and Beyond

Friday The 13th..Happy Penguin or Unlucky Penguin? (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Friday the 13th!  Feeling Lucky Today?

Or feeling unlucky?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Thanks for starting us off, Scotty!

Expo day for me!

Wow lots of exclamation points from me, today; I hope the day lives up to it.  Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk after work yesterday.  Ended up with 4.1 miles.  VERY sunny, 74 degrees, bright blue skies, humidity of 35%, dewpoint in the 50s....sweeeet!  Of course, because it was so nice, when I hit the 'touristy' part of the Riverwalk with all the shoppes, restaurants, lines waiting for the riverboat tours, I had to walk pretty much of that.  But I had expected that, so just turned my timer off and enjoyed a pleasant 'walkabout' in that area, watching the boats and the people and listening to the music - lots of mariachi folks out entertaining the crowds - until I got back to the quiet side of the Riverwalk and could continue my run/walk.   All-in-all a very pleasant outing.

Today is a non-running day, on which I will pick up my packets for my two 5Ks this weekend, one on Saturday, one on Sunday.  Our weather guy predicts we will get to near 80 degrees this weekend, with plenty of sunshine for both Saturday and Sunday.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Morning, 6 done this morning. May run a 5k tomorrow.

Good luck Brill!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have an RD so Pilates class after work and that is it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Just for you guys- disco sasquatch socks.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning !!!

Have a good RD, Scott, Brill and Docket.

Good luck on the 5K's Scott and PAD

Have fun at the expo, Brill.  Maybe they will give advice on over/under hydrating.

I went to the health club early and DW is at Curves.  Debating whether to run now or wait until this afternoon when its supposed to hit 60.

Heading into the city tonight for SIL Bday.

Have a great Friday !!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Those look like good socks for theOatmeal race, Zel.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until I was driving to work.  If I'd known earlier, I might've stayed in bed!  Not so much because I'm superstitious, but because I'll take any excuse to go back to bed ....  I'm thoroughly glad it's Friday, woo-hoo!!  Chorus rehearsal last night was good -- we ran through quite a bit of music, because we have a St. Patrick's Day gig on the 21st.  Good times!!

Brilliant -- are you hydrating yet?  (I just couldn't resist!)

scotty -- Sounds like fun racing weather, I am SO glad it's becoming springtime!!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your 6, enjoy the impromptu 5k!!

Docket -- Enjoy the RD and Pilates!!

Zelanie -- LOVE the socks!!  

Jerryb -- Enjoy your run, whenever it is!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ok, my turn. These are from yesterday. I have another pair just like these.

tracilynn

Jack, are you standing in a bar stool?  You better be careful! Ha. Nice socks!

zel, I love them! So sasquatches eat Strawberries? Are those Berries on there? Ha!

Im at the vet with my cat who decided to hitch a ride on top of my daughter's car and jumped about 3 streets over while she was driving.   He's not dead but he's limping.   Sedated him and now X-rays.  I'm pretty sure the diagnosis will be, "nothing is broken he is fine that will be eleventy thousand dollars, see YA later"

My ankle is still jacked up and my half is in the morning. It's improving but I would sure feel a lot better if I had zero pain, YA know? It's always something with me and my brittle azz legs.

YAY BRILL! excited for you !!!!! Here's  some more !!!!!

TGIF

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

zel, I love them! So sasquatches eat Strawberries? Are those Berries on there? Ha!

Im at the vet with my cat who decided to hitch a ride on top of my daughter's car and jumped about 3 streets over while she was driving.   He's not dead but he's limping.   Sedated him and now X-rays.  I'm pretty sure the diagnosis will be, "nothing is broken he is fine that will be eleventy thousand dollars, see YA later"

My ankle is still jacked up and my half is in the morning. It's improving but I would sure feel a lot better if I had zero pain, YA know? It's always something with me and my brittle azz legs.

TGIF

yes, Traci. I asked DD2 to take the picture and she insisted that I do that because it offered the best light. Smile  Dang pictures, I can never seem to get it right on the phone.

Docket_Rocket

TGIF

Awww, poor kitty.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Penguins!!  I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until I was driving to work.  If I'd known earlier, I might've stayed in bed!  Not so much because I'm superstitious, but because I'll take any excuse to go back to bed ....  I'm thoroughly glad it's Friday, woo-hoo!!  Chorus rehearsal last night was good -- we ran through quite a bit of music, because we have a St. Patrick's Day gig on the 21st.  Good times!!

Brilliant -- are you hydrating yet?  (I just couldn't resist!)

scotty -- Sounds like fun racing weather, I am SO glad it's becoming springtime!!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your 6, enjoy the impromptu 5k!!

Docket -- Enjoy the RD and Pilates!!

Zelanie -- LOVE the socks!!  

Jerryb -- Enjoy your run, whenever it is!!

Sounds like a fun gig.  Are you all dressing in green?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Black pants, white blouses.  But we do have green beads and cheapo green plastic bowlers with a shamrock band around it, so we'll at least be slightly Irish-looking!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.