Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins.. But I felt like it is a Monday.. hmm (Read 187 times)

Sloooow.

Afternoon, all Smile

I stayed the same weight from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Today, I'm down 2lbs. I've lost 35lbs since July 2012, without changing my diet. Starting tomorrow (we have pulled pork sandwich leftovers for dinner tonight, lol), I'm cutting down on carbs a lot, as I want to get pregnant around July and I still have 50lbs to lose.

I need to do 3 miles this afternoon to stay on track for the week, still not feeling great though.

Docket_Rocket

Next time, put Friday so we can make it so.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

I don't believe in either tracking my weight or worrying about losing it.  My mental outlook has been SO MUCH BETTER!! since I started thinking this way.

I went swimming!  Of course now I feel like a limp noodle, and I have to drive home and then run.  But hey, I should sleep really well tonight!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

I stopped counting calories the day I became I vegetarian.  I do weigh myself every day but it looks like the more vegetarian I eat and the more food I eat (more calories), the more weight I lose. Hmmmm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 track miles after work.  Different track with smarter walkers.  Did a few random intervals just to get started on them. 2 for 2 in '13.

Gained maybe 2 lbs, but want to get back the 10 lbs I gained in Italy 15 months ago.

Jen2011

Good evening Penguins!  I hope you all had a good day!  I got a good 3.5 miles in this afternoon.  Since I'm heading back to work tomorrow, the plan is to get up super early and get my run in before work, unless I know for sure I'll have time to run in the evening.  Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can drag myself out of bed at 4:30 am tomorrow.

Liz, good to hear from you!  Hope you were able to get a run in tonight!

Awood, you have really put some thought into your training, and I'm sure you are going to see amazing results for your half and your marathon!  Thanks also for kind words!  I'm a worrier by nature, so my stressful job just compounds it.  I need to relax and not take everything so seriously!

Gustav, you are smart to hold off on running if you think you might have a stress fracture.  Better to lose a few runs now than months of training if you run on it and injure it further.

Hopesmom, sorry about all the work headaches!  Hope you were able to get everything fixed without a huge amount of aggravation!

Mitch, sounds like you had a great run!

Steph, sorry you had to head back to work today!  I hope it was a good day!

Lauren, hope the PT appt tomorrow goes well!

Dave, congrats on the holiday weight loss!  I hope your evening run was rain free!

Vance, good luck with the vegan trial period!  I think it can be a very healthy lifestyle change.  I tried years ago, and at the time it got too difficult to cook separate meals for me, DH, and two small children, so I finally just gave up.  I still don't eat meat, which works well for me now.

Traci, great job on your run.  Someday I need to figure out how to change up my workouts, though I'm totally clueless about it now.  Right now I just go run, and I base it on how I feel.  But I know that I need to figure out some intervals, speedwork, etc.

Lauren, I agree that normal eating is the key.  That is the one thing that makes me look forward to going back to work tomorrow.  I can get my meals back to normal.  This has been a crazy, unpredictable month with food.

Cherie, great job on the hill run today!

Coralie, sorry you are still not feeling well.  If you tried getting your run in today, I hope it went well!

Jerry, glad to hear you had better luck with smarter walkers today!

Hope you all have a great night!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just got home from work. I left for work at 7:50am. Helluva welcome back after a week and a half off. Now for those myrtls and IT stretches. My knee JUST started hurting during my 3 flights up stairs to my apartment after a fairly pain free day. I'm wondering when it's ok to run again. My friend who's a PT told me not until I have no pain walking. Told myself if I had no pain all day I would try a run tomorrow. Hmph Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Urgh, Kristen Sad Really sucks that you are going through this.

Did 3.55 miles on the treadmill. Both of my calves were super tight, so I jumped into an Epsom bath and they feel much better. Must find calf stretches to do. Also having a new little niggle right in my bum cheek, around where sciatica would hit. Had it bad when I was pregnant, so I might pay a visit to the chiro if it continues.

My longest run evah was 3.5 miles outside, inching ever closer to 4 miles Smile

tracilynn

I just got home from work. I left for work at 7:50am. Helluva welcome back after a week and a half off. Now for those myrtls and IT stretches. My knee JUST started hurting during my 3 flights up stairs to my apartment after a fairly pain free day. I'm wondering when it's ok to run again. My friend who's a PT told me not until I have no pain walking. Told myself if I had no pain all day I would try a run tomorrow. Hmph Sad

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

kristin,

oops, not sure what happened but it wouldn't let me delete that.

ITB sucks because you can have no pain whatsoever, think you are over it, go for an easy run and BAM it hits & you can hardly hobble back home (nice run on sentence there)  It sucks.  I dont run if I have pain going up/down stairs or doing the 'hop on one leg' test.   The first time it hit me I only took a couple of days off at a time& would try to run a little & it would come back, take a couple of days, try to run, over and over and this dragged on for about a month.  I should have just taken a week off.  The 2nd time I took 2+ weeks off.  No running at all and it didnt come back. This last time in the other leg I took 9 days off, its fine so far. Some people can just take it easy & still run and be okay but that doesnt seem to be the case for me.

ITB is a chinese mind puzzle.  There are a million things that cause it, a million more cures for it. Whatever works for one person may not work for you.  It's one of those things you're gonna have to figure out. Im still trying to figure mine out although I think mine is just overuse (even though I felt like I was conservative).   I still do my myrtl routine, clams, stretch, roll, avoid hills, try to increase my cadence so I dont overstride, etc etc etc.

The good thing about ITB is that it's not a "career ending injury" but its a pain in the azz for sure.

my orthoped doc is also a runner and he said he had to take 3 months off to finally get rid of his ITB. I felt dumb for complaining about not being able to run for a week.  haha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks Traci. I am learning most from hearing about others' experiences with ITBS. Seems to be a common problem here on the forum. Seems a lot of people run through it, but I just couldn't see that happening these past few days. It seemed reckless and crazy to even think I could get out there and run when there was enough pain just trying to walk around. I'm feeling impatient and antsy to run, but I'm terrified to make it worse. I just don't know how much pain is ok to run through. I decided to give it tomorrow off 100%. That would be a full week. If tomorrow is painless walking around I am hoping to try for a very short and very slow run on Friday???

*sigh*

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to