Beginners and Beyond

Superbowl weekend SATURDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

So this is the Saturdailies, people, what's up with you?

Cyberic

I'll be spending the whole day in airports and planes. But I'll gain 3 hours in my day from going out west.

This might be 2nd RD in a row, as airplanes completely ruin my legs and hips and knees.

LRB

So this is the Saturdailies, people, what's up with you?

What up doe! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Have fun at the airports and on the planes Cyberic.. you will never see me on one unless I am drunk and blindfolded 

Rocky and I hit the roads for a 3.1 miler, I was seriously expecting to be sore and aching as that is how my inner thighs feel just around the house. But surprisingly it felt great up until the last mile.. because I pushed it a little, I want so badly to get my easy runs back down below 10 min/mile.

I am slowly trying to get back to doing squats and lunges, every time I add them to my list it seems the back of my thighs and glutes are aching like hell again Sad but since drastically cutting my mileage back starting on January 4th I've begun growing cottage cheese on my butt and thighs  because I didn't drastically cut back on eating, in fact out of depression I have been eating a lot of carbs and sweets 

DH mentioned yesterday how I might want to cancel the marathon because I am not as fit as I was last year........ I must be really horribly off if my DH takes notice 

But I am not cancelling the marathon or the training, hell I still have time to pick things up (hopefully) and I've seen heavier, less fit people complete marathons damn it. Can you tell I'm depressed, lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

About to board a flight to LAX.  SRD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So I have a 5k scheduled for tomorrow, already registered. Temp forecasted at race time is 18F with windchill of 6F. Not too excited about that, but the bigger problem is 5-8 inches of snow in the forecast. Which I have known was coming for a while, but thought would not be till later in the day. They are now saying it will start at about 2AM. So hard to say what the roads will be like by race time at 9AM, but not sounding good. I can certainly do an easy run in snow, but cannot imagine doing anything fast, and in fact seems likely to end up with me on my ass.

This pisses me off because (1) the road conditions have really been OK the last few weeks; if the race was today it would be no problem. (2) I have already backed off some training runs this week in anticipation of the race. (3) I was stupid enough to think planning for this race was a good idea.

/vent

Dave

happylily

Hey, my man Cy started the dailies! Safe travels, Cy! I hope your neck isn't too sore when you land in Seattle.

Morning, darlin' LRB! What's the movie this weekend?

Hope you and DH have a great weekend, D.! Take lots of pics for us!

Andrea, you have LOTS of time to train for the marathon. Start today, one day at a time. You can do it, you know it. And please don't say cottage cheese...

I had planned 6 easy, but I have a new problem: Although nothing hurts anywhere and the area when the groin was pierced is looking normal (only the 4 or 5 points where the doctors went in are left with marks and they are small), it seems like I bled internally after my run last night and the blood accumulated in the pelvic area, where no work was done on it previously and there was no bruising there before the run. Now, it's like a 4 inch bruise (very dark purple). It's not sore, in fact, it feels very normal. It appeared right after my run, I noticed it in the bath. The nurses told me to go back to the hospital if there was any bleeding that I could not stop myself (but they meant external bleeding), or if there was swelling or pain to the foot, calf or entire leg. Not the case... Sigh... I DON"T WANT TO GO BACK THERE! I want to run 6 miles today... What should I do?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB the technique from yesterday we therapists call a shotgun technique. It is a throw  it all at it versus a specific mobilization or manipulation. It will usually help. Not always but most times. And we can teach it to others to do

cyberic from yesterday no you aren't the only one that doesn't get massages and stuff. I don't really like massage so I don't ever get one. I've hated them since I became a PT.   I don't give regular massages either. I will mobilize the tissue but that rarely feels good to the patient at the time. They think massage is a feel good thing,  therapists don't usually do a standard massage. I have a roller but don't use often unless I need to and can't just fix it myself. I only have another PT help if it is something I can't do to myself or talk my husband through. I am very picky and won't just let any therapist touch me. Just like doctors not all therapists are the same. Finding one that is well trained in evidence supported techniques and are good at them isn't always easy.

Marjorie

happylily

So I have a 5k scheduled for tomorrow, already registered. Temp forecasted at race time is 18F with windchill of 6F. Not too excited about that, but the bigger problem is 5-8 inches of snow in the forecast. Which I have known was coming for a while, but thought would not be till later in the day. They are now saying it will start at about 2AM. So hard to say what the roads will be like by race time at 9AM, but not sounding good. I can certainly do an easy run in snow, but cannot imagine doing anything fast, and in fact seems likely to end up with me on my ass.

This pisses me off because (1) the road conditions have really been OK the last few weeks; if the race was today it would be no problem. (2) I have already backed off some training runs this week in anticipation of the race. (3) I was stupid enough to think planning for this race was a good idea.

/vent

I'm really sorry about your nasty race conditions tomorrow, Dave. It really sucks. But what I want to know is: can you help me and my pelvic area?

I had planned 6 easy, but I have a new problem: Although nothing hurts anywhere and the area when the groin was pierced is looking normal (only the 4 or 5 points where the doctors went in are left with marks and they are small), it seems like I bled internally after my run last night and the blood accumulated in the pelvic area, where no work was done on it previously and there was no bruising there before the run. Now, it's like a 4 inch bruise (very dark purple). It's not sore, in fact, it feels very normal. It appeared right after my run, I noticed it in the bath. The nurses told me to go back to the hospital if there was any bleeding that I could not stop myself (but they meant external bleeding), or if there was swelling or pain to the foot, calf or entire leg. Not the case... Sigh... I DON"T WANT TO GO BACK THERE! I want to run 6 miles today... What should I do?

My medical opinion: do not run.

Dave

I'm really sorry about your nasty race conditions tomorrow, Dave. It really sucks. But what I want to know is: can you help me and my pelvic area?

I will refrain from making any inappropriate comments here.

But you do make me feel like I have no business bitching about anything.

Dave

happylily

My medical opinion: do not run.

sigh...

Docket_Rocket

I would not run and call your doctor on Monday, Lily. :-(

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I will refrain from making any inappropriate comments here.

But you do make me feel like I have no business bitching about anything.

Bitch away... Bad weather is horrible when you have to run in it. And bitching is like free therapy, we all need a dose of it.

cyberic from yesterday no you aren't the only one that doesn't get massages and stuff. 

I don't either. I am not against them; I had one to address a calf issue that seemed to really help. But I have only ever actually had a few of them in my life. And true confession here: I have never foam rolled anything.

Dave