Beginners and Beyond

How Many Meters Will Tuesday Penguins Do? (Read 18 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

HAPPY APRIL 7TH! TODAY IS METRIC SYSTEM DAY!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Morning Penguins!

Yesterday I spent 15min in the hot tub, 1609.34 meter walk, and 15min calf massage. That's a workout I could get used to.

Today I'm going to see what I can do at group practice.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.

I like how we are having dueling penguins every day, most of the time posting at the same time, to the tee!  Ha.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

OTHER HOLIDAYS FOR APRIL 7:

National Beer Day

Penguin Bar in Tokyo, where you can watch Penguins while enjoying a drink..

International Beaver Day

No Housework Day

Yeah, let these guys do it today....

Image result for penguin hates housework

World Health Organization Day

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sunny and 85 degrees today in San Antonio.     Sounds like a perfect day for a run along the San Antonio Riverwalk, followed by a cold post-run brew on National Beer Day!   And will be a nice opportunity to test the new camera I won.  Yep, I forgot I'd entered a raffle a few weeks ago at a local race I did and yesterday got a call that my name was picked and I'd won a small Canon digital camera.  It's nothing fancy, just a basic small digital camera; but hey, free is free. 

Good luck with the miles and pilates, Damaris.  Hope your weather is behaving itself!  Dueling Penguin threads.. we need some accompanying music..

Have fun with the group, PAD!

Zelanie

Morning! I have to go to Portland today, but will run 10-15K when I get back.  I may even run my friend's Hanson's strength workout with her if our schedules match up, we'll see.

PAD- Glad you're feeling good enough to get out and about.  Good luck with the workout.

D- Getting excited for your race! Smile

Scotty- Perfect timing on the camera, it sounds like!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  I'll be doing about 10k a little later in the day.  It is a bit overcast and rainy but it should be decent running weather.  Yoga yesterday consisted of me doing a lot of child's pose and downward dog while everyone else was doing the flow sequences.  I could see the class instructor being a bit judgmental of my refusal to do the sequences - but yoga is supposed to be all about doing what is right for your body in the moment ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

PAD - how very precise on your walk - four times around a track?  The hot tub and massage sound good.  Have fun at group practice tonight.

Damaris - enjoy your Pilates and run tonight.

Scotty - great timing on winning the camera. I hope it works as well as your old one did.  Have fun with your hot run and cold beer tonight.

Z - hope your meeting in Portland goes well and that you feel like running when you get home.

sapf - with yoga you're supposed to "honor any resistance in your body" - otherwise you can get really hurt.  Have a good rainy run later.

It's warm and rainy here as well.  I have five on tap for this afternoon.  Lungs are better, but still not 100%.  They still feel raw from all the coughing. Now I know what happens when you run long on a very windy day past open fields. I inhaled a lot of dirt.

tracilynn

Morning all!  I'll be doing about 10k a little later in the day.  It is a bit overcast and rainy but it should be decent running weather.  Yoga yesterday consisted of me doing a lot of child's pose and downward dog while everyone else was doing the flow sequences.  I could see the class instructor being a bit judgmental of my refusal to do the sequences - but yoga is supposed to be all about doing what is right for your body in the moment ;-)

You troublemaker

jk. You are paying them so you should be allowed to do interpretive dance if you want. Try that next time. Ha

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I have my PT exercises to do and then a "HAT" (hips Abs thighs) class at the gym later

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

7 miles done, 8:49 pace, on the north shore of Big Bear Lake. It was 37 degrees and windy so I had numb fingers and ears. I went to my breakfast place and filled up so I may not eat again today. Yes, the pancakes are that big. Now I'm going to chop some wood before the snow arrives. Looks like a good day for a book and a fire. I may even celebrate National Beer Day.

See ya.

tracilynn

Hi Pens.

7 miles done, 8:49 pace, on the north shore of Big Bear Lake. It was 37 degrees and windy so I had numb fingers and ears. I went to my breakfast place and filled up so I may not eat again today. Yes, the pancakes are that big. Now I'm going to chop some wood before the snow arrives. Looks like a good day for a book and a fire. I may even celebrate National Beer Day.

See ya.

Sounds like Heaven!  Running, lakes, pancakes, beer, warm fire, book.

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

6 miles easy this morning. My right hip was sort of wonky last night so cutback week it shall be - had some extensive foam roller/lacrosse ball time to try to get it back to normal. Felt fine this morning but probably was smart not to push it. Weights in a little bit (hopefully, no time tomorrow!).

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sounds like Heaven!  Running, lakes, pancakes, beer, warm fire, book.

Traci, you have no idea. It's only 12:20 here and my day is done. I'm already in my sweats, comfy chair and blanket, book, fire, and I actually am listening to music that I picked! Imagine that. No One Direction or whatever. Oh wait, I feel a nap coming on...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Went to the gym after work and when I got home, I decided to celebrate National Beer Day instead of running.  DW reluctantly agreed, but don't tell my miles captain.