Beginners and Beyond

Spring SaturDAILIES (Read 24 times)

Cyberic

It is (finally) that time of year!

What'cha got?

Cyberic

I ran 20 miles with 2 x 3K by feel. 2:45 jog in between. No target, as I'm assessing my current shape these days. My RP was feeling great so he was pulling me in the 2nd 3K.   For those less inclined in the kilometer world, 3K is 1.86 miles

6:52 avg on the first (6:54, 7:02, 6:39) and 6:31 on the second (6:42, 6:23, 6:18).

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I ended up not running or lifting yesterday after the massage, dealing with all the drama from my dad and arranging the trip to PR for next week, changing my vaccine appointment, finding Covid testing, etc. It's exhausting to travel during a pandemic, FFS.

I don't know how many miles I'll run but run and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

11 miles total, 2 solo then joined up with RP for 9. I had to dig out the head lamp this morning! And I found $2 during the run.

Cyberic

11 miles total, 2 solo then joined up with RP for 9. I had to dig out the head lamp this morning! And I found $2 during the run.

Funny how I feel like commenting on the 2 bucks and not on your 11 miles. So I'll congratulate you on both!

3 stream grade most slight elevated ... fine

4mi wife walk around accotink... uncomfortably

attempted road crown hill... fail, .25 down only.

going to keep picking at it till March 30, if it ain’t working I’ll go back to just dirt and stream grade 3 times a week starting April Fools Day

sdWhiskers

Funny how I feel like commenting on the 2 bucks and not on your 11 miles. So I'll congratulate you on both!

Haha thanks! I almost didn't pick up the soggy dirty money but whatever.  I tried to split it with RP but he said he didn't want hepatitis, lol

LRB

Morning! I ended up not running or lifting yesterday after the massage, dealing with all the drama from my dad and arranging the trip to PR for next week, changing my vaccine appointment, finding Covid testing, etc. It's exhausting to travel during a pandemic, FFS.

I don't know how many miles I'll run but run and weights.

Hopefully the plan is to double-mask and a shield!

LRB

I ran 20 miles with 2 x 3K by feel. 2:45 jog in between. No target, as I'm assessing my current shape these days. My RP was feeling great so he was pulling me in the 2nd 3K.   For those less inclined in the kilometer world, 3K is 1.86 miles

6:52 avg on the first (6:54, 7:02, 6:39) and 6:31 on the second (6:42, 6:23, 6:18).

Am I that obvious??

Nice run. You're still a flippin' beast man!

LRB

Haha thanks! I almost didn't pick up the soggy dirty money but whatever.  I tried to split it with RP but he said he didn't want hepatitis, lol

That's hilarious!

I don't always stop for coins while running but I always stop for green!

LRB

3 stream grade most slight elevated ... fine

4mi wife walk around accotink... uncomfortably

attempted road crown hill... fail, .25 down only.

going to keep picking at it till March 30, if it ain’t working I’ll go back to just dirt and stream grade 3 times a week starting April Fools Day

Good luck!

LRB

It is (finally) that time of year!

What'cha got?

A 5 day run-less streak apparently.

Cyberic

A 5 day run-less streak apparently.

Is it a lasting motivation dump?

Docket_Rocket

Hopefully the plan is to double-mask and a shield!

Hubby found me the N95 (thanks for telling me 10 months later you had an extra one) and I'll put the INB mask over it so I think that should be enough. We've never worn a shield but wondering if I should just for the flight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Been a good day.   I got up early with DW to keep her company during her bike workout.  I mean, I had one to do anyway, but I would not be getting up before 6:00 on a Saturday if Wife didn't have to.  So, 90 minutes done.  Then I had some time to kill before picking up lunch pizza, so I ran 7 unscheduled miles on the bike path.  It's a beautiful day for it and I was in a weirdly good mood, which certainly helps with the pace.  Good run, and the pizza was great.  I'm about to drop onto the floor for a stretch session while the bracket games are on.

And I found $2 during the run.

Nice!!  That is two XL coffees at the gas station!

<3