Beginners and Beyond

Heart of winter SaturDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

After an easy start for us runners, winter has hit us full force for the last two weeks, and forecast is not showing any sign of break in the next two weeks

Cyberic

Think I'll hit the track today. Been feeling meh this past week and just ran my commutes and nothing else. I'll decide when I get outside but I think I'll run to work, get my sneakers with the foot pod on, and go to the track for some MP or T stuff. Then run back home. It would be a nice mix that would break up some of the monotony of running alone for a long time.

Runshortii

I ran 5. Last run down here, will land in Wisco at midnight. It should snow just in time for me to drive to work Monday so that’ll be fun

LRB

Yeah the conditions have me in a bit of a quandary.  I could run early and short in single digits, or late afternoon and long in temps in the teens, or vice versa. Complicating matters is a hair appointment at 2:30. Aack. 

Complicating matters is a hair appointment at 2:30.

Appointment! Aren’t we fancy!

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12.4 miles with decent weather.  Upper 20s with just a light wind, and dry roads were an improvement on my last few runs.  The last hour was even in the daylight Smile.

Have  great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

RunningOnSand

Appointment! Aren’t we fancy!

(

(PS thanks DaveP!)

LRB

lol - I gave up randomly showing up at the barber and sitting for endless years ago. 

The only bigger wastes of time is the work commute (of which those who are run commuting are killing it), shoveling snow and cutting the damn grass.

And yes,  I am doing quite well in the becoming a grumpy old man department.  lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Appointment  Store-bought haircut! Aren’t we fancy!

FYP -  I haven't had a haircut by anyone oher than myself in over 15 years.

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Just woke up.  I have a lunch with a friend who came to run the Miami Marathon and then 6 miles tonight.  It's cold and rainy (57F right now) and my husband is crying that he cannot run in that, bahaha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

lol - I gave up randomly showing up at the barber and sitting for endless years ago. 

The only bigger wastes of time is the work commute (of which those who are run commuting or live 2.3 miles from work are killing it), shoveling snow and cutting the damn grass.

And yes,  I am doing quite well in the becoming a grumpy old man department.  lol

fyp

yeah I don’t like waiting either, but I walk in and if there is more than one person ahead of me, I walk out. Going at odd times helps. I recently went in on a Saturday morning, fearing the worst. But I showed up right as they opened and was the only one there. There was only one barber there too. Which wouldn’t be a problem except the phone was ringing off the hook the whole time with people making appointments, and she had to stop cutting every 2 minutes to answer it. The most annoying shit ever. Though I guess it’s good I went when I did, because by the time she was done cutting & answering, they were booked for the day. And just as she was finishing, two other barbers showed up. Thanks, we could have used you earlier to man the phone bank.

Dave

LRB

Morning.  Just woke up.  I have a lunch with a friend who came to run the Miami Marathon and then 6 miles tonight.  It's cold and rainy (57F right now) and my husband is crying that he cannot run in that, bahaha.

Smart man. It doesn't rain in Miami. It monsoons. lol

delicate flower

Hey! LMAO

I ran 17.3 on heavy legs. I ran the 17 mile race route from a couple of weeks ago and ran it faster today with less effort. I suppose not racing yesterday helped.

<3

GinnyinPA

FYP -  I haven't had a haircut by anyone oher than myself in over 15 years.

I cut my husband's hair. He likes it really really short (so he doesn't have to do it often) and doesn't see a point in paying someone else to do it. I'm getting better at it, but I'm no barber. Fortunately, it grows out quickly.

I cut my husband's hair. He likes it really really short (so he doesn't have to do it often) and doesn't see a point in paying someone else to do it. I'm getting better at it, but I'm no barber. Fortunately, it grows out quickly.

Liking it really really short would mean he has to do it MORE often.

Dave