Beginners and Beyond

Christmas Eve Penguins (Read 16 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  I managed a bit more distance yesterday... a whopping 1.8 miles.  I've been up since 4am - between my dog trying to sleep with every member of my family and my husband's teeth grinding I've given up on trying to sleep =P  Luckily my dog is super friendly and cuddly and my siblings/parents don't mind when she hops into bed with them, but I'm a light sleeper and she's been wandering all around the house all night long so that means that I haven't been sleeping.

As soon as the sun comes up I'll try to get some miles done -- hopefully before the thunderstorms start.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning and Merry Christmas Eve.

Hope you beat the thunderstorm, Jill..

I'm working until noon and probably will take a rare solo run today.

Have a great holiday !!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Work, Pilates, and 10 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Another hour on the elliptical + 1 mile on the TM. Knee still not ready.

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  Not too much to do today other than make some orange-cinnamon rolls and get my run in!  We're going to DH's parents' house tonight, had them over last night.  DH's brother and wife are in town from Sweden, and his sister just came down from Seattle last night.

If I run 6.8 miles today, I'll have made my yearly goal. Smile

Jill- Your dog sounds like a sweetie.  Gotta give everyone cuddles!  Sorry you couldn't sleep.

Jerry- Is DW OK?  Have a good run!

D- Sounds like a regular old day in your neck of the woods!

PAD- Good job keeping up with the cardio, and hope the knee is better soon!

Lauren- Sending healing thoughts!

Everyone else- Happy holidays! Smile

Philliefan33

The unusual weather continues here. I just ran 4.2 miles in shorts and tee on Christmas Eve!  It's almost 70 degrees outside. It started raining towards the end of my rain and it felt good-- I needed to cool off. Weird winter so far.

Merry Christmas !

GinnyinPA

Margo - Nice run!  The rain hit us early, so I was able to walk Ben and do my run relatively dry.

Melanie - that sounds like a busy Christmas for you. Congratulations on reaching your mileage goal a week early.

PAD - good work getting some exercise, despite the knee pain.  Is it time to see a doctor?

D -   Good luck with the 10 today.

Jerry - I hope your solo run went well.

Jill - I hope you got your run done without coughing today.  Any chance of a nap?  Sorry you're not sleeping.  Ben's toenails on tile can be remarkably loud sometimes.  It's easy to follow his movements through the house.  Fortunately, he usually sticks close to his bed except on garbage night.  (They come at 1:00 a.m.)

I did 5.2 progressive.  I didn't really plan it that way, but I was stiff starting out, and ran up some good hills, so I started out slow and each mile was about 15 seconds faster than the previous.

Merry Christmas everybody.  It doesn't feel like December when it's 70 degrees outside and we have all the windows open, but I've got some music playing to remind me of the season.  Ben is happily (noisily) chewing his Christmas bone in the bathroom.  I have a couple of presents to wrap that only arrived in the mail this morning (Whew!) but that's it for today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5.50 solo. DW is in Christmas high gear.  Nice out there today, but i did get pooped on my favorite shirt.

Zelanie

5.50 solo. DW is in Christmas high gear.  Nice out there today, but i did get pooped on my favorite shirt.

Egad!  That's a different kind of poo monster!

I ran 8.3 today- so I hit my goal of 2015 miles for the year!  I still ran it on the TM because even though the sun came out today, I suspect the trails are still flooded.