Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins, catch up, catch up!! (Read 15 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey everybody, I'm back!!  Training was awesome, my brain is slap full and I'm just hoping I can assimilate it all and reproduce it, because that stuff was GOOD!!  We also caught half a game at Fenway with BIL, which was very neat, even though I don't care for baseball.  BIL and his family were in town from Washington for Pokemon World Championships, so it was fun to be able to see them.  So now I'm catching up with EVERYTHING, including a week of Penguins posts!

Oh, and they got our solar turned on last week while we were gone, woo-hoo!

Hopefully a run tonight, I could REALLY use it!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

And today is my 13th anniversary!! 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Hope's Mom, glad to see you back! Yay for solar!  Happy Anniversary!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

What, I go away for a week and all the Penguins flee the igloo?  At least Docket still loves me!! 

Docket_Rocket

What, I go away for a week and all the Penguins flee the igloo?  At least Docket still loves me!! 

Sheesh.  Where is everybody?  Maybe they ran into the river by the San Antonio Riverwalk with Scotty?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I'm here! Sort of. Wrapped in my bathrobe, with workout clothes underneath, frantically getting ready for lab meeting where I have to take my kid since this week we're between camp and the start of school. Such a mess! I'll be back later.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I didn't raise the bar, but I raided the bar on Sunday at My Alamo Beer 5K.  There was also a 10K.  There were over 1,000 participants for this event.

Photos:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/4de2429ef577411face667ab7d096e3b

On Saturday, I did the San Marcos High School JROTC 5K.  Photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/40ddc1d3d7e445329110f59699b50dee

Today is a rest day.

Happy Anniversary, HsM!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

SRD for me.

Was that bicycle training, HsM ?  Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

No, I haven't been on the bike in a couple of weeks.  I'm scared I'll forget what little I've learned!  This Saturday will be impossible too, since I have chorus coaching all day.  I won't have the energy to try to ride in the evening!

GinnyinPA

HM-  work training or singing training?  13th anniversary for running, marriage or work?

D - I hope your 8 went well.

Lauren - did you get a workout today?

Scotty and Jerry - I hope you enjoyed your rest day.  You earned it.

I did 6 slow and easy on the TM. We're heading north tomorrow, camping and hiking for the next couple of weeks.  No real plan, just wandering.  How much hiking we do will depend on Jim's knees and feet, but at least we'll be seeing some new places.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Rest day for me. I skipped my lr yesterday too Sad. I've been having a lot of issues with nausea and burping after eating. Dr Google says it is gastritis which means avoiding coffee, spicy foods, alcohol, and NSAIDs. So I have a coffee withdrawal headache for which I can't take aspirin. My tummy is feeling a bit better at least. I'm going to try to switch my runs to early morning fasted runs and see if that helps. Burping constantly while running and feeling nauseated is not very fun.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

sapf- I've been off of caffeine (not counting what's in decaf coffee and chocolate) for the past 3 months now, and it's helped a lot.  The coffee headache only lasted a few days, though the tiredness took longer.  Hopefully you figure out what the issue was.

Ginny- I hope that you and DH have a great time hiking!  There will be other marathons. Smile

HsM- Woohoo for the solar!  And you know what they say about riding a bike, you never really forget! Wink

D, Scotty, Lauren, Jerry- Hiya!

I was busy today between a training for work, a dead car battery, and a dinner after work.  I did wrap it up with a fantastic 10 miler.  One of those nice ones where everything clicks.  Maybe because it was like 67 degrees out and not smoky?