Beginners and Beyond

ChocoDAILIES (Read 22 times)

Cyberic

Chocolate!!!

12.3/70.0

Docket_Rocket

I have 6, which will be my longest in a month or so.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Chocolate!!!

12.3/70.0

Not until 3pm😐, I’m picking at the intermittent diet.

4 dirt bumps, which is back and forth over a half mile stretch at Accotink

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles, 27 for the week. Didn't really get much Easter candy, but did get some Easter cupcakes yesterday after the race.

sdWhiskers

4 miles, 51 for the week

No religion and no family close by so Easter is just another day. We hid some eggs for DS and that's enough to make him happy.

LRB

I ran 7 at the trail.

Afterwards, my critical power updated from 280 to 282, which is comical seeing how it collapsed from 314 or whatever the hell it was last June and hasn't budged upward since at all.

LRB

4 miles, 51 for the week

No religion and no family close by so Easter is just another day. We hid some eggs for DS and that's enough to make him happy.

DD #2 did the same only to find a squirrel had found one and made off with it into a tree. Then, when the lil bastard realized what was inside, he chucked it to the ground and off he went!

sdWhiskers

DD #2 did the same only to find a squirrel had found one and made off with it into a tree. Then, when the lil bastard realized what was inside, he chucked it to the ground and off he went!

LOL

We hide them inside after the Slug Incident of 2016. A few years ago, we hid eggs outside the night before, some with jelly beans and some with maybe cheerios. The plastic eggs have a tiny hole on one end and by morning, all the eggs with jelly beans had 4-5 slugs inside   Never again! So gross and I never would have guessed that a slug could fit through such a tiny hole. Kid was so sad that the eggs (and candy!) were thrown out.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The last time my parents hid eggs outside, even just a little before the kids were allowed out to look, the crows and blue jays got to some first.  (We use hard boiled eggs, not plastic ones, that we color the night before.)

I ran 10 today and was dragging most of the way.  Seasonal allergies came down on me like a hammer today.  Ugh.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

The last time my parents hid eggs outside, even just a little before the kids were allowed out to look, the crows and blue jays got to some first.  (We use hard boiled eggs, not plastic ones, that we color the night before.)

You put food outside, and animals will eat it! When our kids were little there were usually some kind of neighborhood Easter egg hunts, but always plastic eggs with candy inside. Less interesting to wildlife, more interesting to kids.

Dave

No religion and no family close by so Easter is just another day.

+1. A little more candy in the house than usual though.

I kind of had a notion to add some MP miles at the end of my LR yesterday, especially considering the rest of the group dropped after 10. But I really did not have it in me. So I thought I might give it another go today, although with a shorter total distance; I was fully prepared to bail if I wasn’t feeling it, after 18 yesterday. But it actually went much better than expected. A 3 mile warmup then 7 miles around 7:30. No idea what my MP really is, but I was pretty happy with that pace, as well as how it felt. 

72 miles for the week. 

Came back from my run to a homemade apple pie fresh out of the oven. Better than Easter candy!

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Came back from my run to a homemade apple pie fresh out of the oven. Better than Easter candy!

+1.

No, +100

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

LRB

LOL

We hide them inside after the Slug Incident of 2016. A few years ago, we hid eggs outside the night before, some with jelly beans and some with maybe cheerios. The plastic eggs have a tiny hole on one end and by morning, all the eggs with jelly beans had 4-5 slugs inside   Never again! So gross and I never would have guessed that a slug could fit through such a tiny hole. Kid was so sad that the eggs (and candy!) were thrown out.

Omg burn your entire lawn, NOW. What an incredibly crazy story!

LRB

I would commit assault with intent to do great bodily harm to that masterpiece!

I would commit assault with intent to do great bodily harm to that masterpiece!

Tastes as good as it looks!

Dave