Beginners and Beyond

Friday: Let The Weekend Begin (Read 35 times)

LRB

Hi, I bought my first pair of trail running shoes this morning. While I was able to trot through the Mojave Desert last year just fine in regular running shoes, that was pretty much stupid. lol

Gonna get out and run in a bit. It's cold and rainy but that's okay.

LRB

'Sup?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  In the office today, boo hiss.  Boss is here too which is rare for him as he goes back to Orlando on Thursdays when he comes down.  I think since I'm the only attorney here out of 6, he had to come in and "cover".  Pilates and 5 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning!

Cutback week - home with the child, she has the week off from school. I got in 8 miles of loops in my neighborhood yesterday. Will get in 5 at some point today. Club workout on Wednesday was sets of 800/200 and it felt SO GOOOOD to run fast on those 2s!! Marathons are for suckers, why do we do this??

onemile

Hi, I bought my first pair of trail running shoes this morning. While I was able to trot through the Mojave Desert last year just fine in regular running shoes, that was pretty much stupid. lol

Gonna get out and run in a bit. It's cold and rainy but that's okay.

Where are you traveling to again? I should know this, sorry

Five and a quarter interval format .... very odd, I felt fine🙃

delicate flower

Hello and Friday ROFFLES!  Today is the first day my legs don't ache while just walking around.  I've still got a fair bit of chaffage that needs to heal, but at least my muscles no longer hurt.

I swam 2400 yards before work.  Better than yesterday's swim, but still recovering.  Easy jog later.

Easter plans with DW include BBQ and Shazam.

'Sup?

Yessir!!

<3

LRB

I should know this, sorry

Actually, it proves you normal. People post here about trips and races every day, yet I always have to ask, what race are you doing again. This, after I've told them oreviously how they're going to like the area. Oops.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 12 hilly miles in the rain.  It was 60F, but I was chilly by the time I got home.  Tomorrow morning is supposed to be about 40F with rain.  I'll survive, but I will bitch.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Where are you traveling to again?

Flying into 'Frisco then driving to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada. I had no idea that the second week of May there is considered winter, so at this point I don't know what to expect. I could be running trails and parasailing or snowshoeing, skiing and snowmobiling ffs.

Cyberic

Ran what will act as a mini taper LR before the HM next Sunday.

15 miles with:

8 km (5 miles) WU + a few pickups +
                        5 km (3 miles) HMP +
                        2 km (1.25 miles) 10K +
                        1 km E (0.62 miles) +
                        2 km (1.25 miles) 10K ( finish strong) +
                        6 km (3.5 miles) CD

Rolling 7 days total of 88 miles

delicate flower

Ran what will act as a mini taper LR before the HM next Sunday.

Nice work, Cy.

<3

onemile

legs feeling good?

Cyberic

Thanks Baboon

Onemile yeah, ever since my day off I've been feeling good. Legs felt a little tired before I started today, but cardio was the limiting factor in the workout, not the legs. Just normal leg fatigue.

I might take a day off running on Friday to add to the taper

onemile

Flying into 'Frisco then driving to South Lake Tahoe, Nevada. I had no idea that the second week of May there is considered winter, so at this point I don't know what to expect. I could be running trails and parasailing or snowshoeing, skiing and snowmobiling ffs.

I do remember now!  Should be an adventure!