Beginners and Beyond

Race Report and Photos: End Of The World 5K (Read 220 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, Dec 22, 2012, I participated in the End Of The World 5K in Seguin, Texas.  Below is the link to my report and photos I did on this event.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A8f8fb447-5c8d-4bc9-b29b-cc76418a561e

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I'm sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm sure she was with you the entire way today.  Any mother would be proud to know that her son brought as much joy to the world as you do.  Congrats on finishing another 5k, and writing another great RR.  I'm glad you were able to get out there, and enjoy a good run and cold beverage.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear about your mom, Scotty.  I know how good running can be for stressors and personal issues.  I'm sure it has helped you along the way and more today.  Hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

I am so sorry, Scotty, May your mom rest in peace and may you keep great memories of her.

happylily

Scott, I am so sorry about your mother. Just last week, you wrote something about your parents, here, which was very loving and showed your gratitude towards them. You were a good son to your mom, I'm quite sure. And her a loving mom to you.

Is is weird that now I recognize people in your race reports before I even read their names? Such as Luke, Bernadette and Ed... Big grin All great people. You survived this race very nicely, congratulations my friend!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

runmomto3boys

Awww, Scotty, I am so very sorry to hear the news about your Mother.  My thoughts are with you and your whole family.

Scotty - will keep your mom in my prayers today.  BTW, I hope I look as good as and invigorated as Ed and Luke in the pictures when I reach their age.  I'm sure the golfer had to be polite because he neglected to yell "Fore".  Big grin

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Antipodean

So sorry to hear about your mom. Sometimes running is a good antidote to sadness and loss. I've enjoyed your race reports this year and look forward to a race-filled 2013 from you.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

jwhite

I smiled throughout your race report, even considering the news you gave at the beginning. Your remembrance of your mother is indication of your strength and her mothering. Thank you for sharing all your reports, but this one especially. You are a great inspiration to many, myself included. I am so sorry that you lost your mother, but very happy to see you smiling and doing one of the things you love to do in her honor.  -Jerry

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sounds like a fun race, but when will the next one be scheduled. It's not every year that we experience the End of the World.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

aargh, I've clicked on the link 4x and it's not loading for me...

SheCan

What a fun event, and I love the slogan.  I know this couldn't have been an easy day for you, but you did it with fantastic attitude, and strength.  Running really can be therapeutic, and help us cope.   Thank you for sharing your amazing year of races with us!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

My condolences to you, Scotty.

B-Plus

I'm sorry for your loss Scotty. Condolences.

Jess runs for bacon

Scotty, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be thinking of you and yours.

Thank you for sharing the finishing pic of you, you're definitely working in that one. Glad someone caught it Big grin