Beginners and Beyond

Thursday: Another day another dolla' (Read 35 times)

LRB

I did NOT feel like running this morning and in fact, wasted so much time procrastinating that I barely got in 5. But I did, and now my day can start. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up early to go to OTF and had a reserved class and all only to drive there and get there and read last night's email that the morning classes would not happen, sigh.  I could be in bed!  So, I called PT and on my way to PT now.  5 miles and Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello peeps!  I was prepared to sleep in and skip my swim, but Wife got me up and sent me to the pool, the big meanie. 2200 yards done.  I've got an easy bike ride after work.  Three days until GOAL RACE.

<3

onemile

I ran 8

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wanted to run this morning after the gym...............

No automatic alt text available.

But got home and there was some chaos going on, had to clean up my older cat's mess and so I went back to bed afterwards. Hopefully I can force myself out later this afternoon and push Dorian through 4-5 miles....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Another day of jack and shit.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Had a Threshold workout to do today.

• Didn't want to do it with a backpack on my back
                  • Didn't want to take the car to work
                  • Didn't want to run 3 times today

Took the bike to work. Kept my head low in shame when I crossed runners.

Ran 2 x (12min T w/2min)

Will ride back home tonight.

onemile

Took the bike to work. Kept my head low in shame when I crossed runners.

Yeah you definitely should be ashamed anytime you see another runner and you are not running.

Cyberic

Yeah you definitely should be ashamed anytime you see another runner and you are not running.

At first I didn't realize I was on a bike. I'd give them a little head nod, as I usually do, but they were looking at me funny. Then I remembered I was on a bike coz I was too lazy to run. I felt like telling them "Hey! I have my running gear with me, I'll be running a workout at lunch time", but didn't and just kept on pedaling in humiliation.

At first I didn't realize I was on a bike. I'd give them a little head nod, as I usually do, but they were looking at me funny. Then I remembered I was on a bike coz I was too lazy to run. I felt like telling them "Hey! I have my running gear with me, I'll be running a workout at lunch time", but didn't and just kept on pedaling in humiliation.

Yes. Runners & cyclists do not acknowledge each other. Except when cyclists (occasionally) say "on your left". I wave & say good morning to all runners; I ignore cyclists and hope to avoid getting run over.

Dave

LRB

That was funny.

GinnyinPA

I nod and say hello to everyone I meet while running, but I rarely see either runners or bicyclists on the country roads and suburban neighborhoods where I run. A few dog walkers if I'm late enough, but that's it.

onemile

Yes. Runners & cyclists do not acknowledge each other. Except when cyclists (occasionally) say "on your left". I wave & say good morning to all runners; I ignore cyclists and hope to avoid getting run over.

Ha, sometimes I get comments and also waves from cyclists

"Run faster"

"Nice pace"

"You're really moving"

And hellos and high fives from other runners.  And walkers.  Especially in bad weather. Last winter I would run into the same high fiver nearly every run.

Runshortii

I ran 5. The heat and humidity are back 

I usually acknowledge cyclists, only because where I run there is literally no one out on the roads so it's just nice to see some other crazy person out exercising.